• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem - Series discussion thread

Years
That's kind of what I'm getting at, I suppose. Aesthetically it doesn't really flourish like the others do. Color-wise it's various shades of gray, black, and purple, and even when the levels have color they don't have that much flourish. This was true for the characters, the world map, and pretty much everything I can think of. It's obviously not just color but that's just one of various ways that the game doesn't really give off as much...personality as various other titles in the series. I kind of noticed this when I'd play the game for hours upon hours and it'd begin to grate on me. And I think the tone of the music and the nature of the hub definitely played a part in this as well. It's all unforgivingly somber, which works to some extent but the game isn't really as dark as the atmosphere suggests.

Speaking of Echoes, I do have to wonder how they'll handle DLC and if they'll keep going with the formula they developed for Fates and Awakening. I'd honestly like to see it skip this one, because while I don't have any sort of vendetta against DLC like some seem to, I'm not particularly a fan of the way it's utilized in the series. Save for the plot-heavy episodic ones, those generally have a pretty solid execution even if I'm a bit iffy on their pricing.
Exactly, the game tries to play off a dark tone through the art and character design but it just isn't a dark FE game in general, and it just got repetitive like Awakening did. "Dad trust me and love me" "Go on this mission to prove yourself" Then you do said mission, rinse and repeat. Awakening got me mad about that too except insert Risen and you got the same formula. But at least those characters and the story kept me interested.

I am not a huge fan of DLC for FE but they have done it well and I like the Class ones. I could see them skipping it though since it's a remake. Whether it's in or not doesn't bother me. I just want a solid game with a nice story and cool characters and this game looks to be just that. Not to mention the classic art this game is pulling off wonderfully so far. I just kind of wish it came out for the Switch, but that day will come.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Fates' story/stories kinda bugged me too in that it was to me kind of reminiscent of XY where the base premise gave it a lot of potential but then they kinda borked it imo

Years
I just watched that new Two armies video for Echoes and man did this game sell me. It looks so great and I was happy to see animated cutscenes in that trailer. Definitely gonna pick this up on launch. I love how they just straight up say there is no place for pairing up in Valentia.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
but how are they going to sell their game without waifu simulation?

I'm actually glad to hear this, though. It's a healthy return to form (which is ironic for a game that experiments so much), and depending on how it does here, I'd imagine we may or may not see pairing up in the next original title, similar to how a bunch of elements from Shin Monshou no Nazo (also a remake) ended up inspiring Awakening content.

-Not that this is really any indication, considering, again, it's a remake, but here's to hoping. Awakening was definitely their biggest success, but I can't say I'm not excited to see what they'll do when they loosen their grip on it a bit and make titles with their own personality again, because the series, now more than ever, has certainly reached a level of popularity where they can go back to experimenting.

And whoo boy does Echoes look like one hell of a time sink.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
The health loss for mages is interesting :/ I wonder if durability will return too? That would make mages sooo hard!

Years
For the others hyped about this it's been confirmed that support conversations will take place on the battlefield again like the GBA games. This is something I was really hoping FE would return to since I don't like at base support conversations. Except for PoR and RD for some reason. Also I have to fanboy, I absolutely love the return of a dedicated battle theme. Is there anyone else excited about that at all? I never really liked the dynamic battle themes the series started in Awakening. I got used to them, but I love hearing the same song start up in a battle over and over.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Apparently some people have gotten their hands on early (presumably Japanese) copies of SoV and have datamined a bunch of info from it. I don't have any links to what exactly was found, though I've heard that's there's supposed to be something that hints at/confirms a female Corrin amiibo.

Did stumble upon what I think is supposed to be the battle theme for the final map:

sounds pretty good

For the others hyped about this it's been confirmed that support conversations will take place on the battlefield again like the GBA games. This is something I was really hoping FE would return to since I don't like at base support conversations. Except for PoR and RD for some reason.
Radiant Dawn didn't have support convos at the base. There were other conversations to be had at the base, but they weren't specifically support ones. Those were still done on the battlefield, but RD support convos were also garbage. I hope that they do better than RD in Echoes, though they probably will.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Some more content has come up! Have a look below. Man I am SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME I NEED TO GET THE CONSOLE LIKE RIGHT THIS SECOND.

I'll sell you my white 3DS. I've been considering getting a NEW 3DS for like two years now.

Pre-ordered the limited edition yesterday! I randomly saw it on Amazon and added it to my basket but still wasn't sure if I wanted it (European limited edition has both amiibo btw), and seconds later it ran out of stock so I couldn't get it. Luckily it was in stock at GAME.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
so I know this has nothing to do with Echoes but I need to tell someone? I got everyone to level 99 in Fire Emblem Fates Revelations (so not Izana, Yukimura, and Scarlet) and finally beat Royal Royale again so I could get another Ebon Wing for another character. I think... Galeforce+Level 99 is a bit excessive for some characters but xD

I've been considering getting Hidden Truths so I can change some males into Grandmaster for Ignis but not sure if it's worth it?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've been considering getting Hidden Truths so I can change some males into Grandmaster for Ignis but not sure if it's worth it?
What do you even need to be level 99 for in Fates?

I can't really tell you if it's worth getting some people Ignis or not in Fates since I've only bothered to get into super-grindy stuff in Awakening, but I think it's worth getting Hidden Truths 1&2 just for the information it provides, since it helps tie up a few loose ends in Fates.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
What do you even need to be level 99 for in Fates?

I can't really tell you if it's worth getting some people Ignis or not in Fates since I've only bothered to get into super-grindy stuff in Awakening, but I think it's worth getting Hidden Truths 1&2 just for the information it provides, since it helps tie up a few loose ends in Fates.

you don't need to. I just did it because when i was trying to get everyone have all their supports a few of them got that high anyway so i wanted to see if I could.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
so I know this has nothing to do with Echoes but I need to tell someone? I got everyone to level 99 in Fire Emblem Fates Revelations (so not Izana, Yukimura, and Scarlet) and finally beat Royal Royale again so I could get another Ebon Wing for another character. I think... Galeforce+Level 99 is a bit excessive for some characters but xD

At first I wanted to say STOP PLAYING SO MUCH but I agree with Nah, it's worth playing just for the story stuff, plus you get the Grandmaster crest thing if you want to use it. I don't think I changed anyone into a Grandmaster though, I was happy killing everything with a Vanguard and Exalt.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
At first I wanted to say STOP PLAYING SO MUCH but I agree with Nah, it's worth playing just for the story stuff, plus you get the Grandmaster crest thing if you want to use it. I don't think I changed anyone into a Grandmaster though, I was happy killing everything with a Vanguard and Exalt.

also its TOO LATE everybody's already level 99

Back