• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Yeah, gotta think outside the box here. Like a challenge where you have to learn every new move a Pokemon attempts to learn, getting rid of the oldest move it has when a new one comes along. Which...we totally don't have that, I don't think. We have the opposite though, with that perfect memory challenge. Hi guys I need to sleep.
I just thought of a variation of that where every time you get a new TM, you have to immediately teach it to one of your pokemon. (HM slaves and such don't count.)

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
The TM one would be hard because what if none of your pokemon could learn the TM? You basically lose the challenge.

Thought of one where you get a certain number of moves and each pokemon on your team has to know one move. I like fun challenges more then hard challenges. x_x

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
May make it.

I can't use a generator though because it mixes up region moves. Suppose I'd have to pick them myself.

Years
HELLO SWABLU'S NEST

You see who is here?

Laure of course!

So it's too late for sign ups but everyone should check out The Challenge and watch it a little so you can see how it plays so I can force you to join up in the next game, which will be G/S/C

How do you survive this game you ask?

Simple you are on Team Laure and you destroy all the other trainer's lives

Like JD the Bud

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
wow no one posted here for ages. It would have been hilarious (and ironic ofc) if no one had posted for a month. Laure, c'mon, we only had 16 days to go! And ditto on the MMO thing (which is what she's referring to, if you couldn't tell. I know, it's hard to figure it out...).

In other news, my HG water monotype has completely stalled. I knew it would take a while to finish, but I'm really not having much fun with it...

Years
JD LET'S TAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS FORUM OVER

Everyone needs to join the path of enlightenment

but until Syd approves my Hitler fan club we just have to go with the Laure religion that states

Monotypes are fun
but if you do them over and over and over and over again
BORRRINNNNGGGG

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I did a monotype once, for ground because it's soo versatile, and you get Quagsire. :D

I've actually been thinking of playing Emerald again, maybe of another Nuzlocke? I'll probably go with that because I never finished my last one. :P

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Quagsire! 8D Anywho, I've never actually done a Monotype challenge. :x I attempted, but never actually started. x_x I think I'll sign up for one and do it with Flying or Ghost types or something. C: I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke on Emerald. :3 But I haven't played it for some time.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Ultimate Ground Mono is going amazing. Johto has some of the best variety. <3

I've never tried a Nuzlocke yet, to be honest. Haven't got around to it. I really need to do one, probably Yellow for free starters and good pokemon. :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Nuzlockes are super fun to play, and you have all those hardships with those Pokemon. Just a tip though, if you choose to ever do one for the third generation, especially Emerald, it's highly advised that you skip Brawly, or at least train to a super high level before fighting him. :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I completely agree. I don't think I've ever done Brawly on time in any Pokemon game, other than when I'm doing normal playthroughs and have both Ralts and Wingull at fairly high levels. OR if I have a Sableye. Sableye can stop Brawly.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I'm pretty sure if you've got a Beautifly you can do well against Brawly. Considering your main moves are going to be Gust and Confusion, both strong against him, that Makuhita can't do much unless he's got 3+ Bulk Ups under his belt because of the 4x resistance against the fighting moves, you can do well with one.

But yet again, you have to be lucky enough to find a Wurmple first in the routes you can find them in and make it evolve into a Beautifly. I got two my first time and both times got Dustox from them. :(

Years
There's nothing wrong with getting Dustox, with its Bug/Poison typing it, too, has a 4x F. resistance and, unlike Beautifly who only gets the phys. Gust and a couple Grass moves, it does actually learn Confusion. Plus its defense-orientated stats are preferable in a Nuzlocke imo.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2011
Few challenge ideas could be:

1. Use only Pokemon which has the Pick Up ability (or try to play R/S/E with only zangooses)
2. It has been said before but do a Weak Pokemon Run where you may only use Pokemon which has base stats under 300. (can be 400 for easy, 350 for normal and 300 for hard)
3. Metronome challenge where you can have Pokemon that can learn metronome and use only that move.
4. Ability Challenge, where you hack your pokemon so that it has abilities which HINDERS your Pokemon (like Slow Start, Klutz, maybe even Run Away, ect.)
5. Normal Moves Challenge: Where your Pokemon can only have Normal moves on them and nothing else at all times. That makes it hard if you fight Ghost Pokemons.
6. Ditto Only Run
7. Baby Pokemon Only Run

Last edited:

ParanoidMocha

Paranoid since '98
Years
Few challenge ideas could be:

1. Use only Pokemon which has the Pick Up ability (or try to play R/S/E with only zangooses)

Heh ... Too many few options

2. It has been said before but do a Weak Pokemon Run where you may only use Pokemon which has base stats under 300. (can be 400 for easy, 350 for normal and 300 for hard)

I see a future on this one

3. Metronome challenge where you can have Pokemon that can learn metronome and use only that move.

Again,too few an option

4. Ability Challenge, where you hack your pokemon so that it has abilities which HINDERS your Pokemon (like Slow Start, Klutz, maybe even Run Away, ect.)

Well,might work but it's hard to fight ability changing codes(except for Wonder Guard),and not practical,people with consoles can't play and can't be used on Pre-Gen II games.

5. Normal Moves Challenge: Where your Pokemon can only have Normal moves on them and nothing else at all times. That makes it hard if you fight Ghost Pokemons.

Not hard,impossible.Unless you have Metronome you don't stand a chance to fight Ghosts.

6. Ditto Only Run

AKA Solo Run,we have a thread for that
7. Baby Pokemon Only Run

Heh,most of their movesets is crappy,too hard not much options.

If you think Syd will approve any of these though ...
Good Luck

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
My friend is testing out a challenge I thought of. It has to be done on emulator though... You get a Random Number Generator, and generate a random Pokemon, random types, and random moves. Then you hack that in the beginning of the game and solo with it. It can get really tough if you get very few moves that do damage/moves that have few pp/moves that are weak like bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back