• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Question 2:

Is there a place where people post their IDs? so we can all trade with each other? I wouldn't mind adding a community of people rather then my 3 friends i know in real life with this game.​

There's a quick trade thread in the Trade Corner, and you can also just browse the trade threads there and post offers for any Pokemon.​

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Is it possible to get the ability pickpocket for Sneasel?

Hi guys I've just joined and I am currently playing Pokemon Black Edition.

I am breeding Sneasel and was wondering if and how it's possible for a sneasel to get the ability pickpocket?

I know about dreamworld breeding and pickpocket having a 60% chance of appearing on the new pokemon if the mother has the dreamworld ability, and that the pokemon will be its mother. Also the fact that if the father has a dreamworld ability and the mother doesnt, it doesnt work at all (same goes for trying to ditto it) and you can breed sneasel with any in it's egg group.

However, the only pokemon that can learn pickpocket (seedot and sneasel) can't be caught in the dreamworld so i don't know what to do. Is it only achievable by hacking?

Any suggestions?
Thanks guys!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys I've just joined and I am currently playing Pokemon Black Edition.

I am breeding Sneasel and was wondering if and how it's possible for a sneasel to get the ability pickpocket?

I know about dreamworld breeding and pickpocket having a 60% chance of appearing on the new pokemon if the mother has the dreamworld ability, and that the pokemon will be its mother. Also the fact that if the father has a dreamworld ability and the mother doesnt, it doesnt work at all (same goes for trying to ditto it) and you can breed sneasel with any in it's egg group.

However, the only pokemon that can learn pickpocket (seedot and sneasel) can't be caught in the dreamworld so i don't know what to do. Is it only achievable by hacking?

Any suggestions?
Thanks guys!

Welcome to PC! Good job on putting your question in the right place by the way :)

Unfortunately, if Sneasel can't be caught in the Dream World and there haven't been any events for it (which I'm pretty sure there hasn't been), then there's no way to get PickPocket. It can only be bred from a female Sneasel as well. But they release new Pokemon pretty often on the Dream World soo just keep an eye out.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Can i teach weavile ice punch and pursuit?

If so how
I've tried using the smeargle sketch thing but i can never find the right pokemon

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
If so how
I've tried using the smeargle sketch thing but i can never find the right pokemon

Smeargle can be caught on route 5 in a swarm. I suggest catching a Jynx in the Giant Chasm cave, using a Heart Scale, to get Ice Punch. And then go catch a Venipede in Pinwheel Forest, that will know Pursuit. Then by wild double battles, Sketch both the moves to a male Smeargle and then get a female Sneasel (caught at the same place as Jynx) and breed them.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Ok, I have a possibly complex question. I have a Kuruyamu ("Swadloon" or something in America, I think) who's Special Attack stat (92) is lower than his Attack stat (137). I noticed the only two attacking moves it knows are Special Attack moves (Bug Noise (sorry if I didn't get the American name right) and Energy Ball). So, I am looking at my options for Attack moves instead in hopes of gaining more power. I'm considering Razor Leaf, but its base power is only 55, compared to Energy Ball's 80. Still, I thought maybe the stat difference would make up the damage. The question is, how much? Given its stats, along with the move base powers, what's best to go with here?

EDIT: Ok, so I looked up the moves of its final stage, Hahakomori. Looks like it'd be good to replace my current moves with Leaf Blade and X Scissor. Still, it wouldn't hurt to know how to understand a situation like this for the future if it should arise with a different Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
Prepare for a newb question, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong section...

I currently have white version, and two DS's. I've been thinking about getting heartgold/silver version, but I want to play through with a team from my white version (chimchar, piplup, bulbasaur, scizor, bagon, meditite). Is there anyway I can do this?

Thanks ahead of time for helping this dummy out lol!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021

I currently have white version, and two DS's. I've been thinking about getting heartgold/silver version, but I want to play through with a team from my white version (chimchar, piplup, bulbasaur, scizor, bagon, meditite). Is there anyway I can do this?

Uh...No you can't.

It's impossible to trade across generations after Gen I and II.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

There isn't a way to trade from Pokemon White to Pokemon HeartGold, so no.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years

You can only send them one way which is from DPPt & HGSS to BW through Pokeshifter.

Uh...No you can't.

It's impossible to trade across generations after Gen I and II.
It was impossible from the get go, since you have to use the time machine to get pokemon from RGBY irrc.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
It was impossible from the get go, since you have to use the time machine to get pokemon from RGBY irrc.

I know, which is why I said it was impossible after Gen I and II.

Years
I was told in a YouTube comment (Really reliable source...) that he/she got the Victini today, four days after the event was supposed to end.

I have SoulSilver and still haven't yet beaten the game, but may get White tomorrow if the event is still happening.

Does anybody know? Thanks.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
The event was suppose to end December 31st. They could have downloaded their Wondercard, but not picked it up from the man at the Pokemon Center till now. If you do need one, I have some so just vm me.

Last edited:
Years
Really...? Thanks. I'm probably-possibly-maybe going to get White tomorrow, so I'll let you know. What does vm mean though? Sorry. I'm pretty ignorant. Does that mean pm, or is it something I'll figure out in-game. Heh.

Years
Well after reading this thread, seems to have been spoiled for me, but anyone care to enlighten me? I have Pokemon Black, so I don't really know whats the new features so far.

- MegamanC

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Legendaries are allowed in some official tournaments; correct?

What Legendaries can be manipulated with RNG and which ones can't, and why?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Legendaries are allowed in some official tournaments; correct?

What Legendaries can be manipulated with RNG and which ones can't, and why?

Usually the battle rules, along with legal Pokémon are the same as the ones here.

I think you can RNG pretty much everything. Well that doesn't mean unreleased stuff like Genesect of course.

Adley

Tidiliboo
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
This is something I noticed while figureing out the IV's of my pokemon. On every pokemon, on the top screen of the moves page, ONE stat is red. Its not easily noticeable. But, what does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back