• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Years
Video Games Chit-Chat​

Welcome to the Video Games DCC! Here you can talk about anything and everything video game related!

Before you proceed, however, please take a look at the few guidelines we have:
→ You may only discuss video games here; everything else belongs to their respective sections.

→ You may start a new topic any time, but please make sure that the current one's dead. If there's already an existing thread on this topic, use that instead.

→ Don't flame, bash, or troll anyone. Respect each other's opinions; be friendly!

→ Have fun, and keep all other PC rules in mind!​

CSS by Salzorrah

Last edited by a moderator:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Already the best name for a DCC in the Video Games section.

Just a few short days until my life is taken over by Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare: Remastered.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I now regret not posting Firsties before I made my thread.

Will repost question from old DCC. Anyone have PC copy of the battlefield of the one.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Well Infinite Warfare on launch day will now have a greatly improved multiplayer considering how infinity ward actually went in with a patch to BUFF SHOTGUNS (hell yes) and Nerf Snipers, among other changes based on community feedback.

So i've been playing Brutal Doom 64 nonstop for the past few days for dem SPOOKZ and well much like how Doom 64 did offer those spooks back in 97, the spooks are even moreso apparent in this iteration of Brutal Doom.

Spoiler:

If people like complaining about Survival Horror but being fun because you don't get to kill stuff as efficiently as you should normally can, then I highly recommend Brutal Doom 64 to be played by those looking for a great balance between Action and Horror >:3

Yukari

The horror probably just hasn't aged well, but I've never really found any doom game scary. Haha

Arsenic

Years
I mean it was scary back when it came out compared to other games of the time. Especially the gore which is now desensitized in gaming.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I don't know if "scary" is the right word I use to describe Doom. Maybe "grotesque"? I equate the newest Doom game to the newest Mortal Kombat game; those brutalities are super gruesome now that they are in HD. Based on what I've seen of the new Doom game - and people can correct me otherwise obviously - it seems like a hell of a grotesque bloodbath.

Yukari

If we're being honest one of the main reasons that Doom is so enjoyable is the mindless violence.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
@Tracer
Based on what I've seen of the new Doom game - and people can correct me otherwise obviously - it seems like a hell of a grotesque bloodbath.

I can easily attest to you that those glory kills (which is the right term for those executions/take downs) from DOOM 2016 are delicious. Bloody delicious. I personally love the Berserked (Berserker Pack Powerup) kills where Doom Slayer (Doomguy) decides to just use his own fisticuffs against those naughty demons to literally RIP AND TEAR them into pieces. The great part about it is that the Berserker Pack enables Doomguy to instantly kill every non-boss enemy while it is up. Literal Rip and Tear, until it is done ;)

I feel like I need to write a 6 sentence of 3 paragraph post explaining what Doom 64 is considering that Doom 64 itself is a relative unknown to many users save for the most hardcore fans of the franchise to make sense of my previous post ;) But no, simply google searching Doom 64 would make the most sense.

Remember ladies, kids, and sunny jims and shunny Jills. I was talking about Brutal Doom 64. Which is a recreation of Doom 64 made by the same guy who made Brutal Doom, a mod that practically inspired Doom 2016.

Gameplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Unlike the original Brutal Doom which was outrageously and intentionally over the top, Brutal Doom 64 still retains what made Brutal Doom what it was with the gunplay and of course the viscerally pleasuring bloody messes, but to the author/creator's intent, Brutal Doom 64 removed some of the core BD features such as the executions to make the mod/recreation be more inline with the Original Doom 64's darker and more horror like tone.

Speaking of mindless and gratuitous ultraviolence, I'm going to rant on Gears 4 a little bit. Why are we spending the first few 20 minutes or so fighting robots? WHY? We loved Gears for the delicious 3rd person blood and guts especially against Locust-kind. I get that Gears 4 is an all new chapter in the Gears lore but come on, robots for the first 20 minutes? I feel like I'm playing a very different game from Gears. Heck a certain friend of mine already has a far bigger complain on Gears 4 than what i have.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I just realized. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare was just realized today at November 4, 2016, the day after my friend's birthday, and I totally forgot to buy the game today since I'm sick. Well, Activision can have my money later within the year when i get enough money to buy the Legacy Edition for both Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered.

Oh and gamespot just gave it an 8/10. Imagine that?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Call Of Duty Day 2016 is finally here. Can't wait to get my copy and start installing. :D

Arsenic

Years
Just waiting for MW-Remaster to be released on its own tbh

It's not gonna happen imo. It's the only selling factor for IW and they know it. They'd not only shoot their new game in the foot, they'd shoot it in the head cause sales would plummet.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Since Infinite Warfare + MWR (Legacy Edition)'s price is at 80 USDs, converting all of that to my native currency is going to be around 3884.36 PHP, or simply put 4000 PHPs. Again, Activision can have my money and I'll go at IW with an open mind.

So far, the positive reception with IW is the campaign which a couple of people are already saying is the finest campaign since CoD4. I actually spoiled myself a bit and watched a few minutes of someone's playthrough of the first few levels and while its still has pretty much of your typical flair of long ass cutscenes, some cutscenes being as long as the time you actually want to start actually shooting some militant intergalatic insurgents in the domes.

From what I've seen, the Settlement Defense Front, or the SDF, the main antagonists of this game are some of the meanest, most savage, and downright heartless enemies I've seen in a Call of Dudes game since the MW days of the OpFor and those thick accented Russian insurgents. For what it is, the game presents them as the bad guys that you don't want to root for, the bad guys that you will be glad to be putting down, and heck when they get serious, they are dead f**king serious with a tone of class that's rarely ever executed in your pop-corn Military Science Fiction Campaign.

Oh and spoiler alert:
Spoiler:

Years
Since Infinite Warfare + MWR (Legacy Edition)'s price is at 80 USDs, converting all of that to my native currency is going to be around 3884.36 PHP, or simply put 4000 PHPs. Again, Activision can have my money and I'll go at IW with an open mind.

Are they still not selling Modern Warfare without the Infinite Warfare bundle? Tch. Sloppy.

Back