• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

December AND 2016 Stats

bobandbill

one more time
Years
My commentary will be maybe less given I'm also doing the yearly stats (and some extra images with that) and I don't have much ability to do this in a couple days for a while. 2016 stats will come probably tomorrow but I'll just stick them in this thread.

December was good! Not one day below 10,000 views, in fact! Less than November but that's not surprising - most search interest should be within two weeks of the released game, after all. But we're still consistently up, so hurrah for that. 2nd best month on views/visitors comfortably.

The Raw Numbers
December total views: 444,614 (November: 551,091, October: 119,867)
December total visitors: 295,818 (November: 350,917, October: 79,324)
December average views/day: 14,342 (November: 18,370, October: 3,867)
Daily High Score: 20,522 (Best ever: 78,064 views, November: 51,362)
Lowest Score (for a full day): 11,017 (November: 1,282, October: 531)
Number of 10000+ days: 30 (Idk about previous here)

Image of hits/day:
Spoiler:

Slow gradual decreases sans weekends where they jumped back up a bit. Then general increase for a bit after Christmas - must be hits from new SM players who got the game then. Happy with the general consistency - no major drop offs here.

Articles visited since start of month until 1st Jan:
Spoiler:
(Note that articles posted in the month have the orange tab to the left. Those with < 40 hits in the month were cut for image size.)

SM articles stayed at the top even if not done this month. Home page got another 10,000+ views by itself. Interesting that easily pre-release SM articles still pull in some thousands of views - anyone interested in writing on those topics? :V

Best new article was the Prism C&D news, interestingly. Guess it helps that it had 1.4 million views for a fan trailer and is an interesting topic in itself... then two SM guide articles, showing that even those not done at/near launch will get you readers!

Magearna event articles got views, Pokemon Unbound article did very well considering the SM season, then GO articles... and even some more recent guide articles still getting into the hundreds despite again SM times (making maps standing out and TCG guide articles), as do the Anime episode summary articles.

Google-specific stats ('clicks' = views, lower than total stats):
Spoiler:

Search terms speak for themselves.

Search engines terms (what people put in anything but Google to get to the magazine.
Spoiler:
(Removed those that gave only <10 clicks.)

Google search terms by clickthrough rate (CTR; top 50):
Spoiler:
Some Potter-verse-esque search terms at the top there being effective, haha.

The funny and weird searches (that got clicks, and including google) include:
elektross (sunday), conkeldurr (monday), togekiss (tuesday), leavanny (wednesday), serperior (thursday), samurott (friday), emboar (saturday) [long search!]
midstage
why isn't letting me use tapu koko z move
garchomp pokecommunity daily vgc
specific title
is lillie lusamine
rap battles history
pokemon sumo inselscannaer
how to unlock purple pokemon sun
who is older lillie or gladion
why are alola pokemon fat
pokemon sun and moon where to bulldoze
festival plaza meister ball

Google's top clicked pages (top 50):
Spoiler:
Now this is curious. From Google alone, December lead to more clicks for TMs, not Pokemon locations.

Referrers (what sites people came from to visit the magazine):
Spoiler:

Clicks (links clicked in articles)
Spoiler:
QR codes are the most clicked! (Ties into the second global mission as well). Then the official website, and then rijon.com due to the Prism C&D article.

Country breakdown:
Spoiler:
US on top. Doesn't include countries with <40 clicks.

As said, hang tight for the 2016 stats later!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Okay let's go with the images. Cutting time close for myself so less comments than I would have liked (maybe I'll do more later?)

First, yearly summary images.

Daily_Stats_2016_Year.png

Yep, in the last day we hit 1,000,000 visitors! Talk about timing. And near 1.5 million as well (we actually passed this in 2017 already).

Daily_Stats_2016_Months.png

Daily_Stats_2016_SumNum.png

We tripled our all-time views in the last couple months. Hurrah for SM! This builds a great base for 2017.

Daily_Stats_2016_Posting_Activity.png

This image shows when we posted articles. We did more than an article a day on average.

Article hits! I'm listing all of them here. Three images; separate spoilers within the spoiler to help with scrolling. I feel it'd be interesting to see which ones got less views (which does tend to be the earlier articles back when we just started and Daily was just a baby, or articles released late in 2016 for obvious reasons).
Spoiler:

Despite being only a month-and-bit, all Pokemon SM locations article took the top title, then the Guide to Pokemon GO. Other SM articles also dominate. Guides are the winner!

Home page with 50,000+ views in itself; not bad!

Non-guide/info articles: Lillie/Gladion/Lusamine speculation article tops at 12,000+. GSC to eshop video/article is second, then the background info on Solgaleo/Lunala/Starters. The SM review also close behind! Others picking at random of notes.... Eevee nicknames (more species analysis articles!), Harembe article (pfft), TCG XY-Evolutions article, Worlds article on Wolfe winning in VGC, Interview with VisualJae, battling articles like Make-a-Mega (Luxray in particular was the top one I think of those?) and Froslass, ROM Hack/fan game articles like Prism, Uranium and Unbound. I feel this identifies some areas to focus on this year when SM dies down!

Next images have cut-offs; less interesting to show everything under the sun, and in some cases (search terms) not feasible.

Countries:
Spoiler:

Referrers:
Spoiler:

Search terms (not including Google; those started being recorded late and I think you may only see back 3 or so months at a time anyway... we'll see next year.)
Spoiler:

Clicks from articles:
Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Bonus! I can do these for any article you'd like, but picked these as I felt they were interesting. These are images of views individual articles (or pages) got each day since release. Neat to see the effect of SM for instance! What each article is should be in the image title.

Home page firstly:
HomePage.png

Peak in early July corresponds to the Go Guide article. Things were better after that in general, and then we had another increase last couple months thanks to SM. So basically - since we started, roughly 10 times the people each month visit the home page now. So if you want your stuff to be seen... ;p [And this does not count the header at the top of forum pages of new Daily articles!]

As for others:

GSC_eShop.png

EeveeNicknames.png

BankUpdate.png

Ha, wonder why people are interested in this lately? :V

Alola_Dex.png

This was popular straightaway, but...

TMsLocations.png

This took a few days to ramp up in views.

Some other pre-SM articles:
Bikes_HMs.png

3D-SM.png

SM_starters.png

Solgaleo_Lunala.png

Back