• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ? The PokéPositivity Club ?

Years
Welcome back!

It isn't the same without you!

I'm going to carve out a place in the Hall of Fame for Sigilyph.

I think this pokemon has one of the most unique designs ever. Serperior is my favorite Unova pokemon, followed by Sigilyph, then Reshiram, and its the design that really wins me over with all 3.

I usually go for pokemon that look like traditional animals over more abstract designs, but Sigilyph is an exception. It's feathers have such beautiful colors, and though it is somewhat abstract it still has enough vaguely birdlike characteristics to keep it from looking like a complete puzzle. The great big baby blue eye following you also gives it some personality.

Sigilyph plays an important role in the Pokemon movie Victini and Zekrom, and helps move the Sword of the Vale with his psychic powers. Its a great scene and, the sound it makes is so otherworldly, eerie and interesting.

In the BW game despite N's constantly-changing team, I really remember his Sigilyph in particular. It fit him so well. N is a math genius according to Masuda, he also has visions. Sigilyph is a highly, intelligent pokemon that gaurded ancient cities, it is also a psychic type so it is telepathic like N. N is also this more introspective, socially-awkward personality that is more comfortable around pokemon than people. Sigilyph has only one eye, and no other facial characteristics, making it appear stoic entity. It floats around in the sky disconnected from us, watching the world. Sigilyph also has a design that looks like ancient magic from the past. He could be a mythological creature that appears on a textile made by Navajo. This all fits with N very well on his spiritual quest to awaken the ancient dragon and become the hero of myth.

Last but not least Sigilyph is also a useful pokemon. It has two good abilities in magic guard and wonder skin. It's got a rare and cool typing with the flying/psychic combo well-rounded stats with an over 100 special attack, and speed stat that is getting close and some solid defenses. If you start setting up cosmic powers and recovering this can be a bulky, annoying pokemon to clear off. Its got a lot of good utility moves, can thunder wave you then start setting up calm minds, it can phaze with whirlwind, has plenty of coverage. This is a good,hardy and versatile pokemon that is so underrated!

Years

He's often overlooked in favor of Passimiam, but I some me some Oranguru. I think his design and concept is really cool as this shaman ape. The color scheme is pretty to my eyes. Like his shiny too, the brother looks good in pink! I love that Oranguru's a psychic pokemon who is immune to ghosts, just as I liked the normal/psychic typing with girafarig. But Oraguru has some bulk behind him and can be pretty durable when he starts setting up calm minds. Using him has also been a nice intro to how to use trick room since he learns it, and this is a move I need to study more because it has devastated my unprepared teams.

I played pokemon Sun, so I had to especially request an Oranguru from a friend with moon. I had him name my Oranguru after the urRU from Dark Crystal. My urRU is in the Hall of Fame now :) I love my buddy from the rainforest.

Years
A tribute to Moltres. It was my favorite of the legendary birds as a kid, but it wasn't considered as good as the other two. Zapdos had and still still has the speed and a better typing it also had a more reliable stab with thunderbolt. In gen I Articuno really benefitted from the special attack and special defense being combined into 1 stat and blizzard beimg 90% accuracy in those days and not resisted by fire, that stab was just fiendish.

However, I was partial to Moltres. I just thought it was really cool, especially when you saw it in its Pokemon stadium art, and worthy of it's title as a legendary because it is literally a creature from legend a real fire bird. He's overshadowed by Ho-oh but Moltres still came first! Pokemon is not only based on a magical creatures like the Phoenix, Bennu and Suzaku, but it inspires that heroic feeling that I get as an American when I see the eagle. Moltres is the most noble of three birds, and lights the torch for hard-working, courageous trainers at Pokemon league.

I had fun back in the day making fire monotype teams and putting Moltres on it.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
Years
Name: pokefan#489
good boy: Mega Audino
*I can't get the image inserter to work sorry*
Not much else to say, it looks cute and it's not like it's the worst pick ever.
It deserved it's mega people only dislike it because it's the only gen 5 mega,If it wasn't the only one I am certain it would be just as liked as mega beedrill.
Definitely up there.

Back