• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a Pokemon Region Together!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 4, 2020
So I was watching this video series recently, and since it seems to have been discontinued and I have nothing better to do, I thought it'd be fun to play as a game!

What am I Talking About?
This Challenge/Game is a fun system where, in the course of a few rounds, we make up ideas for ideas and then collectively vote on the best ones, and turn them into a Pokémon Region!

The Rules
The Game will be split up into rounds of 2-Phases: Idea and Voting.
When it's the Idea Phase, people can reply with their ideas (only up to three each), and I will collect them.
Next, I put them all into a Poll, can the Voting Phase consists of people voting for their favorite.
After that, I will announce the winners of that round, and we move on to the next. At the end of the Game (if there is one), I will be compiling all of the voted winners (and their creators of course) into a medium-sized syllabus of the Region we have made.
If you have any further questions, search 'WE make a Pokémon Region!" on YouTube, and you should find a video with a picture Uncle Sam on it. This video has the rules in a much more detailed manner.

Goals
Here are my goals (at the maximum, meaning that anything below is fine but this is the number I'd hope to make it to) for the game.
- 30 Original Pokémon
- 3 Original Starters
- 3 Original Legendaries
- 15 Towns and 11 Side Locations
- The Evil Team, Elite Four, Champion, Professor, and Rival
- 8 Gym Leaders
- One Additional Supporting Character
- 3 Canon Characters
- Region Geography, Naming, and Plot (if applicable)

I'd also like to assure everyone I will not be taking any ideas from this for my own creation, this is purely for this game and this game alone.

An example of the phases for anyone confused is as follows:

In the Ideas Phase:
Anon188 says:
I Think A Ronald McDonald Variant of Mr. Mime would be cool.

During the Voting Phase:
Ronald McDonald Variant, Mr. Mime - Anon 188 ----- 99%

And thus that Variant will be included!

Of course, I can't just let everyone say different parts of a region, otherwise the voting phase would be completely unfair.
Thus, each round of two phases will be on a specific aspect as to have some more order and organization.

If you're interested, the first phase will be Common Pokémon (anything that's not Legendary or a Starter, can include Variants and Fossils).
Remember, inspiration for these ideas can come from almost anywhere, within limits, so be Creative!

And most importantly, have Fun! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Back