• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2021
Great room man, loved it.

One question, can i get the evolutions from the 1-3 gen pokemons? Like, can i evolve my sneasel to weavile ?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I just wanted to say that this is what a Definitive Edition of Pokémon Emerald should look like. I haven't played much because I don't have much time and because I'm eagerly waiting for "The legendary update". It's pretty easy to do, so I hope you find time and finish it sometime because that's literally all it needs to be perfect imo.

Thanks for your hard work!

uZ1

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
I hope you inplement the static legendarys soon, this would be perfect!

There are two bugs I'm not sure if they are already posted. (Sorry, I didn't had the time to read all the 22 pages. I think we need a buglist.)

- If you catch a Pokemon and level-up the same time, the Pokedex entry is displaced.

- When your Pokemon is poisoned and only 1 HP is left (with the optional "poison stops at 1 HP") the text that appear is kinda weird and buggy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Greetings from Russia. First of all: I really wanted to thank you for this AMAZING hack. I always wanted to play vanilla GBA games with ability to "Catch 'Em All" and your hack giving me chance to do it. I am playing it on my PSP and it runs well. Now I am in Lilycove City and I am curious about one thing. Before Fortree all HMs were changed to some items, but now i recieved all needed things to FLY. So, do I need to learn HM FLY or there are some option to travel through Hoenn without it?
But even if I need to learn it, it is still one of the best hacks I ever played. Your hack and Fire Red Throwback are now my top favorites and for full happiness I need to find some GBA remake of Crystal or Silver/Gold.
Hope you'll make your hack perfect and good luck to you!

Years
Greetings from Russia. First of all: I really wanted to thank you for this AMAZING hack. I always wanted to play vanilla GBA games with ability to "Catch 'Em All" and your hack giving me chance to do it. I am playing it on my PSP and it runs well. Now I am in Lilycove City and I am curious about one thing. Before Fortree all HMs were changed to some items, but now i recieved all needed things to FLY. So, do I need to learn HM FLY or there are some option to travel through Hoenn without it?
But even if I need to learn it, it is still one of the best hacks I ever played. Your hack and Fire Red Throwback are now my top favorites and for full happiness I need to find some GBA remake of Crystal or Silver/Gold.
Hope you'll make your hack perfect and good luck to you!

I'm so glad you like it! Unfortunately Fly needs to be taught to be used, I've been having trouble trying to make it into a usable item but if I can figure it out I'll add it in immediately :)

Currently I am working on the next version but it's taking a lot longer than I was hoping for.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
I look forward to the next update and hope for compatibility of saves from previous versions. I am 100% sure that you can make the perfect version of Emerald

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hey dearman4, I just went through the features of your hack, and it definitely stuck out to me as one to play to curb my Emerald itch. However, I would like to make a suggestion, would you be open to making a separate patch with slightly higher difficulty? I think a patch like that would really appeal to veteran players like myself who seek a challenge in emerald but get put off by certain features of other emerald hacks. Hope you take this into consideration!

Years
Hey dearman4, I just went through the features of your hack, and it definitely stuck out to me as one to play to curb my Emerald itch. However, I would like to make a suggestion, would you be open to making a separate patch with slightly higher difficulty? I think a patch like that would really appeal to veteran players like myself who seek a challenge in emerald but get put off by certain features of other emerald hacks. Hope you take this into consideration!

This has been suggested before and I'll tell you the same thing, I would happily add a difficulty patch except I am really not that good at teambuilding or balancing lol and I don't want to just ramp up the levels and make it into a grind fest, nobody wants that! So should I be provided with some specific difficulty suggestions I would definitely consider it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
I think any difficult increase should come from battle related changes. As you pointed, not only level increase, but teambuilding. Without turning the rom as open level, ie, keeping the intended gym chain, one way to accomplish this was moving away from type-related gym to theme-related.

For example, instead of first gym be Rock-only based, it could have a theme similar to Rock but covering their weakness. Take Nosepass weakness. It's a lot and probably a design-related decision as an early game gym it should be easy for newcomers. But building a reasonable team of Nosepass + 3 Pokemon that cover it's weakness seems doable.

But this change will probably need to impact Pokemon and Move availability outside of battles. It can't be too strong on the very first gym, as specialized movesets imply.

In Nosepass case, his standard moveset in Emerald is

Nosepass♀ Lv.15 @ Oran Berry
Block
Harden
Tackle
Rock Tomb

Using his natural learnset, one can make the opponent miserable on early game with two changes.

Block
Torment
Toxic
Rock Tomb

This way, abusing his somewhat good defense and PSS that Emerald Final allows, the player would have a) a clock against him, because of Block + Toxic, b) miserable turns being denied the use of the Super-Effective move two turns in a row.

Albeit that, it could be wise to start developing the hard strategies from the end, Battle Frontier itself. The moveset database there is huge, but as Emerald Final has PSS, some sets there are depreciated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 12, 2020
Hey, just got this game 3 weeks ago. It's great! Now my favourite rom hack even above glazed and crystal clear. Just one suggestion which would just make this hack perfect. I've never made a rom hack so i don't know how easy this is but could you make it so that the level 50 reset man can set them back to level 100? I'm not sure if you could do it so that it only works with already reset pokemon and not any level 50. If this is doable though and we could patch it in, that would be the best. Or even just add a level 100 blissey cave after you beat steven or something. Thanks a lot! Anyways, love your stuff dude. Keep at it

Years
Hey, just got this game 3 weeks ago. It's great! Now my favourite rom hack even above glazed and crystal clear. Just one suggestion which would just make this hack perfect. I've never made a rom hack so i don't know how easy this is but could you make it so that the level 50 reset man can set them back to level 100? I'm not sure if you could do it so that it only works with already reset pokemon and not any level 50. If this is doable though and we could patch it in, that would be the best. Or even just add a level 100 blissey cave after you beat steven or something. Thanks a lot! Anyways, love your stuff dude. Keep at it

I'm adding a level 100 option to the level resetter after beating Steven in the next version (no clue when I can get it out yet!)

I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

Years
I think any difficult increase should come from battle related changes. As you pointed, not only level increase, but teambuilding. Without turning the rom as open level, ie, keeping the intended gym chain, one way to accomplish this was moving away from type-related gym to theme-related.

For example, instead of first gym be Rock-only based, it could have a theme similar to Rock but covering their weakness. Take Nosepass weakness. It's a lot and probably a design-related decision as an early game gym it should be easy for newcomers. But building a reasonable team of Nosepass + 3 Pokemon that cover it's weakness seems doable.

But this change will probably need to impact Pokemon and Move availability outside of battles. It can't be too strong on the very first gym, as specialized movesets imply.

In Nosepass case, his standard moveset in Emerald is

Block
Harden
Tackle
Rock Tomb

Using his natural learnset, one can make the opponent miserable on early game with two changes.

Block
Torment
Toxic
Rock Tomb

This way, abusing his somewhat good defense and PSS that Emerald Final allows, the player would have a) a clock against him, because of Block + Toxic, b) miserable turns being denied the use of the Super-Effective move two turns in a row.

Albeit that, it could be wise to start developing the hard strategies from the end, Battle Frontier itself. The moveset database there is huge, but as Emerald Final has PSS, some sets there are depreciated.

I think this would be going too far for my taste but it's an idea for sure. A thing for me is keeping things reasonable/immersive, like Toxic isn't obtainable until after you beat Flannery since it's behind a movable rock and having the first gym use it on a pokemon that can only learn it through TM breaks that immersion for me. Plus I really want to keep the enhanced vanilla feel of the game and changing the gym's typing isn't what I'd want to do... Hard to find where what I want meets what would work lol I think just switching around the leader's teams maybe adding an extra pokemon to their roster is more in line with what I want Final to be. Like Roxanne has two Geodudes and that's kind of silly, granted there's not too many other rock types to pick from that would be a good fit for her, but giving more variety to her team would work.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 3, 2020
If this was asked already, my bad, but just in case, is there a list of Pokemon and where/when to find them?

Years
If this was asked already, my bad, but just in case, is there a list of Pokemon and where/when to find them?

Yes, the README has a list of every pokemon's location and evolution method, and there's a wild encounter chart listing each and every route and the chances of encountering each pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 27, 2020
Hello!, I literally just made an account to thank you for this awesome emerald hack, I was playing vanilla emerald on a psp emulator ( yeah weird) and was getting bored of it and found your hack and made the game 100% more fun, keep the good work!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2023
I cannot get the Moemon Patch to work, does anyone have an idea why this may be

Back