• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they don't do player customation I at least hope they make the player character change clothes during the different seasons (if they return) like the old BW rumor, it was quite strange to see Hilda in the snow wearing only short shorts.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Even though we probably won't get it it sure would be cool they could atleast limit it make it as part of the trainer card ex. If you put bug catcher you get to switch with different bug catcher clothes

Guy

just a guy
Years
After thinking about this for a good while, I'm actually fairly doubtful that character customization would make it to the games.

Reason being is that, if it did exist, I'm sure that we would've at least seen some screenshots of the main heroes in different costumes of some sort. u_u I was thinking about it, and then I realized that the hero was pretty much in the same clothes throughout all of the screenies, so maybe there won't be character customization, and instead the whole "main character looking in the mirror" scene was in fact something else? I dunno, but I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, as much as I would want this to become a reality.

I'm hoping that in future screenshots, they would show the heroes in different clothing to prove the character clothing theory, but until then I'll keep being skeptical about it.
It's possible they could have chosen a default option to show off the protagonists in the trailer. The only way to be sure is too keep our eyes open for any changes in their outfit in later screen shots / videos or wait for confirmation from CoroCoro or the official site should they reveal that little feature when they release the protagonist's artwork. Not that I don't have my doubts, but I really do hope the feature is there.

If they don't do player customation I at least hope they make the player character change clothes during the different seasons (if they return) like the old BW rumor, it was quite strange to see Hilda in the snow wearing only short shorts.
If we don't have full on character customization, then I would really be okay with this happening instead. They have proven they can change our protagonist's clothes in the middle of the game if they wanted to with DPPt, HG/SS, and again in B2W2. DPPt had us dress up for Super Contests, HG/SS let us wear the Team Rocket uniform, and B2W2 took it a step further by doing the back sprite and portrait. The only snag was they were all temporary.

Having a season-to-season change would be a neat idea and wouldn't exactly be a difficult concept to add. Honestly, there wouldn't even be a need for four new designs either. One for Spring / Summer, another for the cooler weather in Fall / Winter.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If character customization does actually become a reality in Pokémon X and Y, one thing that just struck my thought was having different clothing at different times of the year, like if it was winter... you'd be able to buy some winter clothes and so on. Kind of like how Animal Crossing: Wild World and later Animal Crossing games are like, but Pokémon style. ;)

But also, I would like to see some clothes you could buy all-year round as well. ^^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah scarves and stuff would be interesting but I'm not sure it'll be entirely necessary, given that people in the Pokemon world can apparently brave every single thing idek how. ;(

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I would love to see some sort of character customization, even if it's only simple options such as w/ or w/o Sunglasses, different shirt/jacket, different hat, ect. They don't even need to be drastic changes, just different enough to give it that personalized feeling to it all.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I would want to be able to change hair color, skin color, and I would want to be able to have glasses.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
To be fair, I don't think it's the best idea to even have character customization, because I read this old HG/SS comic about Ash complaining about not being able to have the female player, Lyra, to wear a swimsuit due to the lack of character cutomization (and Dawn calls him a pervert on the last panel).

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
Today customization is the base for all games, so i think that is necessary :D

Guy

just a guy
Years
To be fair, I don't think it's the best idea to even have character customization, because I read this old HG/SS comic about Ash complaining about not being able to have the female player, Lyra, to wear a swimsuit due to the lack of character cutomization (and Dawn calls him a pervert on the last panel).
I doubt that should they incorporate player customization they would include clothing items that may seem inappropriate or unnecessary to obtain. Bathing suits for example? I don't see why they'd include that. When we're surfing we're always on top of our Pokémon, regardless of their size. Bring back Dive? Give us scuba gear instead. Even then, we've dived with normal clothes on before, so it's not exactly a warranted piece of clothing either.

Pokémon is generally rated E for Everyone, so I'm sure GameFreak will keep it PG. Besides, what fans write in comics and fan fiction, shouldn't dictate what goes into the games or not.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with no bathing suits, that'd be way too far. Scuba diving stuff like Hiiro mentioned would be good given that B2/W2's protagonists were designed that way pretty much, and even still, being able to pull off old protagonists' looks would be interesting too, especially if we were going in disguise or something!

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Possible feature: Costumize your own character?

What do you think? Do you think you will be able to create your own character? If you watch the trailer of Pokemon
X and Y, you can clearly see that the character stands infront of a mirror. Do you think this would be a great idea and a possible feature? Or do you disagree?

I would love to create my own character! It would actually be really awesome if you were able to do that. It would also let you use your own personal style and I would like to see accessories, like sunglasses, earrings, waistbands etc. That would be really awesome in my opinion but still, It might be just a trailer thing like ''I'm watching myself in the mirror and nothing else'' kind off scene. I dont know really, what do you think?

Probably the standard design
pokemon-x-and-y.jpg

Years
In response to the character in the trailer, he is seen in almost every scene wearing the glasses depicted in the image. That short part in the trailer where the character is seen swinging from a vine, the glasses are clearly not there. I hope this is possible, I would want to change my hair, its color, clothes, accessories, maybe eye color, and faces if they could go that far. Oh and maybe height/weight.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It's been pretty much speculated that the vine thing was a graphical glitch more than likely. However, that doesn't mean that I don't want customization as much as the next person. I honestly HATE the look of the male protagonist, it's pretty much just Hilbert/Nate all over again with the blue and red everywhere. I'd love to change the character to reflect what I want them to look like, instead of being shoehorned into a standard hero character.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Maybe, but I don't think I would use it much as I honestly don't care how I look. Maybe it would be cool for online play though.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Character Customization?

This is something I've wanted since the release of BW. Wouldn't it be frikkin' EPIC to customize your character in the game? it should be easier, now, since it's all in 3D. Also, the player models are constantly changing in trailer, so could that mean the feature is being implemented?

Discuss!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I was thinking that too, at least the accessories. The female looks like she's customizable more so than the male.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I think so,and I hope so!
Pokemon are already awesome but changing customization would make it alot better.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I would love to have the opportunity to customize my character too. You only get two options to create your character's looks, which are, to play either a male or female character, and therefore, you are forced to either carry a blue or a pink bag respectively, which in my opinion is a very limited selection. :( I hope to see at least a wide range of characters so that we can choose one that we like the look of the most. If not then there should be an option where we can choose what clothes to wear, and what color bag we'd like to take on our journey.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The old thread on character customization hasn't died yet, so let's keep it going.

Back