• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Sketch-y question

Years
I just encountered really interesting situation in my Fire Red Randomized Nuzlocke. I randomized all the TMs and aside from really bad ones I now got TM Sketch. After booting it up I found out all of my Pokémon can learn it. Which means I can give one move of my choosing to one Pokémon.

And this brings out the question. If you could teach one Pokémon one move to make sure it will survive the whole Nuzlocke run, what Pokémon and what move would you choose? Would you go for offensive move for coverage or would you go with some kind of healing? Or let's take this even higher - imagine you found 4 TMs Sketch and can now teach one Pokémon 4 moves. What moves would you teach them?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
If we're talking about in Generation 3 FireRed, Sketch would have to go on something like Fly for Gyarados so it can actually have a stab move. Plus the image of a gyarados flying through the air just somehow seems funny to me.

Edit: Looking back at it, In generation 3 literally any Electric type I'd love to have sketch on to get some other coverage. 99% of them get Thunderbolt/Thunder and a Normal type move and that's it. Lanturn OP in gen 2 and 3 as an electric type.

Last edited:

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
If I had only one TM Sketch, probably Softboiled to any HP bro so it can recover the other ones.
Or maybe recover, to keep a single mon alive in a battle.

Back