• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [Essentials v17] Following Pokemon v 1.4.1

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
I found the text dump that from HGSS, but it has lots of error here.
There is more than this, so let me know if you find any problem that:
  • The correct quote example would have to be like "Huh? *PKMN* is holding something... Would you like to take it?" not "*PKMN* seems to be holding something."
  • Another Pokémon in the party will sent out after the 1st Pokémon is on the lead is faint instead of being invisible.
  • Pokémon that height 8'06" (2.6m) or taller, but Steelix and Rayquaza can't go inside of the building expect for serpent body.
View attachment Following Pokemon Quotes (HGSS).txt

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
I found the text dump that from HGSS, but it has lots of error here.
There is more than this, so let me know if you find any problem that:
  • Another Pokémon in the party will sent out after the 1st Pokémon is on the lead is faint instead of being invisible.
  • Pokémon that height 8'06" (2.6m) or taller, but Steelix and Rayquaza can't go inside of the building expect for serpent body.
View attachment 90901

Isn't an error, you must to improve the code:
HGSSSendOut.gif

Works_perfectly.gif

transition.gif

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 9, 2020
Hello, guys!
This is an amazing script to have in my game. I'm currently using Pokemon Essentials v17.2 with the latest version of Elite Battle System.

But I found some problems.
I only can use properly this script
Code:
pbPokemonFollow(x)
to turn on the following Pokemon,
this script
Code:
pbToggleFollowingPokemon
to make the Pokemon go inside and outside of the PokeBall,
and this script
Code:
pbRemoveDependencies
to remove the dependencies.

Whenever I try to use the other scripts, the game always crashes!
For example, if I use these scripts
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite(true)
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite(false)
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.refresh_sprite
these errors will appear:
Spoiler:

If I use these scripts
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(true)
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite(false)
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.remove_sprite
Spoiler:

And if I use these scripts
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.Come_back(true)
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.Come_back(false)
Code:
$PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.Come_back
Spoiler:

I need to use those scripts also because, for example, when the player loses a trainer battle, I have to make sure that the player won't be stuck in a Pokemon Center with invisible Pokemon. XD

Can someone help me, please?

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
Hello, guys!
Can someone help me, please?

Try to do that:
Open your game folder and you shall see an program called by "extendtext". Double click and open RPG Maker again and add your script into the events.
You need to extend the script's text for that case.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 9, 2020
Try to do that:
Open your game folder and you shall see an program called by "extendtext". Double click and open RPG Maker again and add your script into the events.
You need to extend the script's text for that case.

That worked! Thank you! :D

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
I can't, sorry. I rewrote most of the script to have these and other mechanics to be the same as HGSS which I adapted for my fan-game.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 9, 2020
If you want the pokemon to be static (no animation) if you are sliding on the ice, find 'def update_stepping' inside Following Pokemon Script and add the lines:
Code:
  def update_stepping
   [B][I][U] currentTag = pbGetTerrainTag($game_player)
    return if PBTerrain.isIce?(currentTag)[/U][/I][/B]
    FollowingMoveRoute([PBMoveRoute::StepAnimeOn])
  end

I think I did it correctly, but is it supposed to animate this way? I don't think so. XD
Here it is a gif of the animation:
Spoiler:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
That script has the same bug for bridge case, IIRC. Unfortunately, the code needs to be improved.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
This script adds following pokemon to your game (you have to provide your own OW sprites). It is an updated version from the current script tutorial, but modified so that if all goes in one script section.

Fixes in this version:
Spoiler:

Please follow these instructions closely.
Add this script in a new section above the main (and below the compiler).
Save your game, and close RPG Maker (important).
Download this file
Now download these graphics
Go into your game folder, and from that to your Data folder. Add the Animations.rxdata file you just downloaded. It will ask if you want to replace the current file, you will say yes.
Now, go back to the main folder, and go into the Graphics folder. From there, go into the Animations folder. Here you will extract the graphics you downloaded (emo.png, emo2,png, and Pokemon-Follow.png). Make sure to extract them, not just stick the .rar file in here.
Now the script is installed.
To use this script, we simply need to make two events.

The first one will simply be a blank event. This event will be turned into our dependent event when we trigger it.
It should look like this (can be any ID)
RPGXP_2017-04-05_01-32-21.png

Our second event will be the one that triggers it. It can trigger in whatever way (touch, on a different page, a conditional, etc), but it must use the script you see here: pbPokemonFollow(X)
X refers to the ID of our first event.
Please note that these events should be on the same map.
RPGXP_2017-04-05_01-31-24.png

And that should pretty much be it.
Remember, this is a standalone script and needs no other changes to your scripts to work. So if you mess something up, it's probably not due to this script.

Script Version: 1.4
Credits required: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

I've made a few important changes since I first posted, please update
Edit: One more update for following script. There were a lot of problems in the old version with switching and toggling, especially while surfing/biking. Those are fixed. Water pokemon always animate in the water. Added exception array for mons that fit always animating criteria but you don't want them to animate. Added a fix for event transfers
Edit 2: Fixed blacking out issue, and a couple other refreshing issues.

Edit 3: Updated to v17 only, reflection support removed due to conflicts

Also, mini tutorial time. The script to force the sprite to refresh is
Code:
To force the sprite to update it's position(call this after a transfer) add this script
Code:
$NeedFollowerUpdate=true

Hi, I'm having a few problems with the interactions with the following Pokemon. In my fangame, when a scene is happening, you still can interact with the Pokemon. Because of that reason, I would like to turn off the interaction with the Pokemon. How can I do that?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Hi, I'm having a few problems with the interactions with the following Pokemon. In my fangame, when a scene is happening, you still can interact with the Pokemon. Because of that reason, I would like to turn off the interaction with the Pokemon. How can I do that?

I asked the same question a while ago and I solved it by creating a switch that activates or deactivates the interaction. If you check the messages in this post you will find the answer.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
This script adds following pokemon to your game (you have to provide your own OW sprites). It is an updated version from the current script tutorial, but modified so that if all goes in one script section.

Fixes in this version:
Spoiler:

Please follow these instructions closely.
Add this script in a new section above the main (and below the compiler).
Save your game, and close RPG Maker (important).
Download this file
Now download these graphics
Go into your game folder, and from that to your Data folder. Add the Animations.rxdata file you just downloaded. It will ask if you want to replace the current file, you will say yes.
Now, go back to the main folder, and go into the Graphics folder. From there, go into the Animations folder. Here you will extract the graphics you downloaded (emo.png, emo2,png, and Pokemon-Follow.png). Make sure to extract them, not just stick the .rar file in here.
Now the script is installed.
To use this script, we simply need to make two events.

The first one will simply be a blank event. This event will be turned into our dependent event when we trigger it.
It should look like this (can be any ID)
RPGXP_2017-04-05_01-32-21.png

Our second event will be the one that triggers it. It can trigger in whatever way (touch, on a different page, a conditional, etc), but it must use the script you see here: pbPokemonFollow(X)
X refers to the ID of our first event.
Please note that these events should be on the same map.
RPGXP_2017-04-05_01-31-24.png

And that should pretty much be it.
Remember, this is a standalone script and needs no other changes to your scripts to work. So if you mess something up, it's probably not due to this script.

Script Version: 1.4
Credits required: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

I've made a few important changes since I first posted, please update
Edit: One more update for following script. There were a lot of problems in the old version with switching and toggling, especially while surfing/biking. Those are fixed. Water pokemon always animate in the water. Added exception array for mons that fit always animating criteria but you don't want them to animate. Added a fix for event transfers
Edit 2: Fixed blacking out issue, and a couple other refreshing issues.

Edit 3: Updated to v17 only, reflection support removed due to conflicts

Also, mini tutorial time. The script to force the sprite to refresh is
Code:
To force the sprite to update it's position(call this after a transfer) add this script
Code:
$NeedFollowerUpdate=true

How can I turn off the emotion interactions with the Pokemon?
Is that even possible?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (141).png
    Captura de pantalla (141).png
    3.8 KB · Views: 4

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
How can I turn off the emotion interactions with the Pokemon?
Is that even possible?

Read the code and you shall see this code to delete:
Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C) # try to talk to pokemon
        $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
      end

But do you want to delete ONLY emotions/animations or all interation (animation plus phrases)?

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Read the code and you shall see this code to delete:
Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::C) # try to talk to pokemon
        $PokemonTemp.dependentEvents.talk_to_pokemon
      end

But do you want to delete ONLY emotions/animations or all interation (animation plus phrases)?

I want to delete all the interactions.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 7, 2020
What you posted don't help too much for help you. Paste all error here.
Also, if you read your error says:
Code:
undefined method pb switch for class PokemonParty Class

Maybe you're using other version of Essentials instead v17+. If so, you need to adapt the script or download v17.2 OR copy 'def pbSwitch' and
paste inside class PokemonParty from the newest versions.

So this is exactly the error I get when launching my game. I won't even make it to the starting screen. I know nothing about coding and my ability to read/write scripts is minimal at best. My script currently (unedited) looks like this:

#Refresh following pokemon after switching pokemon around
class PokemonPartyScreen

alias follow_pbSwitch pbSwitch
def pbSwitch(oldid,newid)
follow_pbSwitch(oldid,newid)
end

alias follow_pbRefreshSingle pbRefreshSingle
def pbRefreshSingle(pkmnid)
follow_pbRefreshSingle(pkmnid)
end

The first line being line 1428 and the line with the error message being 1431. Is there something I need to rewrite? And if yes what exactly?

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
Years
So this is exactly the error I get when launching my game. I won't even make it to the starting screen. I know nothing about coding and my ability to read/write scripts is minimal at best. My script currently (unedited) looks like this:
The first line being line 1428 and the line with the error message being 1431. Is there something I need to rewrite? And if yes what exactly?

If PokemonPartyScreen.pbSwitch is undefined, this means you're not using Essentials 17.2, the latest version. This script will not work with previous versions of Essentials, so if you want to use it you'll need to upgrade.

Back