Don't lose your way!

Age 24
Male
Indiana
Seen 49 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
12 posts
1.4 Years
I'm guessing that west of Ovarr Town is a sea route with an underwater dungeon similar to the Abyssal Ruins. I saw a screenshot of Pokemon Gaia a while ago that had an undersea temple in it. Also, I've seen the Orbtus map and I noticed that Aerous City has a lighthouse that requires Dive to visit. Will it be a new location in the main game or the post game?

bleedpark

Spriter & Hacker

Male
Lake Saint Louis, Mo
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted February 14th, 2020
23 posts
10.7 Years
It's been a while since I've posted an update, but I can assure you progress on v4 is steady!

First, check out the new design for the Pokémon summary screen, featuring the newly inserted Vivillon patterns!

In terms of actual postgame content, take a look at the (repeatable) Gym Leader rematches which become available at the Aerous Art Club once you have completed the initial rematches for every Gym Leader.

After speaking with Teala and agreeing to arrange the rematches, you can visit each Gym Leader and ask them to come by the Café.

Inside the Café, the Gym Leaders will have little interactions! These change depending on whether certain Gym Leaders are in the Café at the same time. And, of course, you can choose to rebattle them.

You may notice that some of these Gym Leader designs look slightly different: a huge thanks to our art team, especially revolocities, for updating their designs!

There's a lot more in v4 to show, but I think I'll leave it here for now. Stay tuned for more progress updates!

I have been following this game for so long. Gaia is an absolute treasure of a game and I cannot wait to see the end result. Absolutely fantastic job on this and you deserve every bit of praise you get for this. Keep up the amazing work.

Side note: I know you are adding a way to manipulate nature encounters like in the let's go games. Do you think there would be a way to add the Mint mechanic from Sword and Shield? That would be amazing.

Inner Rhymes

Male
Team Skull's Hood.
Seen 43 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
724 posts
2.9 Years

I have been following this game for so long. Gaia is an absolute treasure of a game and I cannot wait to see the end result. Absolutely fantastic job on this and you deserve every bit of praise you get for this. Keep up the amazing work.

Side note: I know you are adding a way to manipulate nature encounters like in the let's go games. Do you think there would be a way to add the Mint mechanic from Sword and Shield? That would be amazing.
Man! I'm so glad that this is still in the works! Hands down one of my favorite ROM Hacks out there. Really digging the new sprite work as well!
I finally released my first Official music Video of my new single Lulla-bye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhn1z88ZMPM

A whole lot of effort went into this creation. Do consider listening and subscribing if you genuinely enjoyed it!

Ayee! So I finally got Spotify access!

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/6d287XSxQmyZpXGzFS3Pky?si=4UDia65NTWyQ-5nGcFkS1Q

Feel free to stream up y'all! Album drops on March 12th!
Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
106 posts
5.9 Years
Played through this in the past week and so, 8th Gym was my favourite part of the game, enjoyed the puzzle(s) in that gym, got destroyed by the gym leader a couple times too but I blame that on being surprised something outsped all of my Pokémon and one shot all of them so I had to change a HM slave for an Intimidate user for that battle (I assume the stats of that Mega Pokémon are not the same as what they are normally, speed in particular). I enjoyed all the little areas you get rewarded for looking at/going to for extra items/TMs/etc. Making individual moves Physical or Special is much better than how standard gen 3 worked for physical/special moves. I liked how you get a grade on Pokémon's IVs. Fighting final evil team boss the way you do is nice.

I didn't like how there was no sprite for Mega Medicham when I was using it (you get that "?" sprite). Also in Hall of Fame moment, a Chandelure picture was replaced with a picture of Mewtwo, found that to be weird. Enjoyable game, needing a HM user in team (or 2) is a little annoying.

Sceptile Queen

Sceptile Fan

Age 26
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
26 posts
11.7 Years
Hello I've been playing Gaia the last couple of days and I'm wondering if the fairy move Dazzling Gleam is in the game or not? My Altaria needs a new fairy move or will I be waiting til it learns Moonblast from level up? I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a good fairy move earlier.
New Siggy Coming Soon....
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
21 posts
8.2 Years

https://prnt.sc/rej1hp [the image embedding doesn't seem to work so there's the link]
?? on the left is Avalugg, ?? on the right is Rotom (Wash), lol

Probably the definitive, most well polished hack out there. Really fun to play through.
This hall of fame bug (which I know I'm not the first to mention, lol) and some oddities in the PC (odd coloring of some new Pokemon when selecting them in the PC) are really the only two weird things I noticed. Everything else was really solid - a big issue to me with a lot of hacks is when things just don't feel like they belong, but this hack does that well all the time with all of its new features.
I also really appreciate, personally, that it's all still in the style of the original FR/LG, with some new stuff added in (graphically) - I just like how it looks.

This might also just be my own thing since it's relatively new to me, but I also enjoy seeing the wide range of Pokemon available, and how they - again - just naturally belong. Some hacks really don't properly implement newer Pokemon, and they might have weird quirks with them (for example, sprites just looking out of place in GBA games, or just plain implemented poorly). Avalugg was a new Pokemon to me, and being able to actually use the Rotom Wash was new for me as well. And because of how they're all implemented well, it felt like I was using the real Pokemon like they came from this game, instead of them feeling out of place in some way. Additionally, the variety in the game makes me want to play again with some other new Pokemon.

I also liked how the story was interesting, but definitely not over the top, or edgy in such a way that it's not like a real Pokemon game. That's another thing that can make hacks - ones that are made to be like real games, anyway - feel awkward to play through, and what makes this hack definitely stand out.

Awesome work. :)

SilverPhoenixYT

Non-binary
and why would i tell you?
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10 posts
49 Days
you have to set it Flash 128k on your emulator. are you using VBA?
VBA? I'm new to this lol. I used PurpleFire's "How to Download & Patch Pokemon Gaia Rom Hack V3.2 [PC 2019]" video to walk me through but it didn't tell how to fix that.I really don't know much about pc versions of Pokemon. I'm not that tech savvy, nor do i check this site a lot so sorry for responding after so long.

RenElite

Male
Philippines
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
166 posts
3.2 Years
Lol i JUST realized VBA means VisualBoyAdvance. Yes i'm using that. does that one not work and i'm supposed to use a different launcher?
Is it VBA Beta 3 or VBALink? Regardless of the version, both of them can run the game, but VBALink is much better in my opinion as it is much faster. Regarding your saving issue, just click on
options and click emulator. Under the emulator tab, click save type then put a check on Flash, and also select Flash 128k to fix the 1m-sub circuit board issue.

SilverPhoenixYT

Non-binary
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10 posts
49 Days
Is it VBA Beta 3 or VBALink? Regardless of the version, both of them can run the game, but VBALink is much better in my opinion as it is much faster. Regarding your saving issue, just click on
options and click emulator. Under the emulator tab, click save type then put a check on Flash, and also select Flash 128k to fix the 1m-sub circuit board issue.
Thank you so very much! the step-by-step really helped too, as i'm horrible with directions lol

SilverPhoenixYT

Non-binary
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10 posts
49 Days
I just tried it, and it didn't work? i have the flash now set to128k, but it still has the same issue? I also checked flash itself, But the same thing keeps happening.

NVM IT STARTED WORKING! I JUST HAD TO GIVE IT A MINUTE. IM A DUMBA$$ SORRY

SilverPhoenixYT

Non-binary
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
10 posts
49 Days
Okay... sorry for spamming you, but no buttons are working to move the text? i've clicked everything on the keyboard and nothing. Do you possibly know whats going on?

RenElite

Male
Philippines
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
166 posts
3.2 Years
Okay... sorry for spamming you, but no buttons are working to move the text? i've clicked everything on the keyboard and nothing. Do you possibly know whats going on?
Try checking the controls in the joypad options in VBA then select configure and choose 1.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2 posts
4 Days
Ok guys I just made an account, I'm sorry I know little to nothing about how these roms work. I started playing Pokemon Gaia from this website Emulator Online and it linked me to this website Play Emulator. I've been playing through and now I'm at precimos island, I've beat the gym leader, and done the 4519 room and everything. There is still a hotel guy blocking the upper rooms saying it's for paying guests only. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't have time to start the game all over
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1 posts
3 Days
yo! aight so ive been playing on the VBA for literal years all different games and rom hacks but this is the first time a rom isn't working for me both the normal rom and the randomizer rom aren't working it comes up with (no image found on zip fie) and (unsupported file type)

im on flash 128k and stuff can anyone help an OG pokemon trainer
Advertiser Content