• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your dream job?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Once you're done with school or if you could ever escape your current occupation - what would be your ideal profession? Assuming we all need one.

Years
That's a really hard choice between author, which I'm actually on the verge of (somewhat) achieving, teacher and choreographer lmao. I love all those things so much it's really hard to single one out as an ideal career.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
A lecturer in English Literature (specifically Creative Writing or Contemporary Feminist Literature), or a horror/experimental author. Would also love to be a translator!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
I wanna be a comic artist, and perhaps work as a designer of sorts. I'd like to be a writer, too, specifically a script writer.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
Years
I don't have one. I have a list of things that the ideal job would do for me, such as giving me time with my wife, a certain degree of creative control, and enough intellectual stimulation to be interested. I don't know if any "dream job" would actually provide me with what I need, because I've never been in that position before, so how would I know?

This does make trying to plan a career real tricky, though.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
i so rarely know the answer to this bc i don't often think about what i'd like to do/what i could be doing instead of what i have to do/what is the goal already pressuring me etc

Being Noticed would be important to me, but being centre stage would not be fun. like, i'd love to work in the entertainment industry and mingle, but as a publicist or a similarly public private role. networking and helping in a way where i can build a career that i value, without the pressure of being A Public Face. it'd certainly be an engaging option, if nothing else.

but in terms of the career path i'm already on - if i could manage some sort of respected position as a teacher on any level, i'd be happy

Back