• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Sun/Moon story vs Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon story

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Something I've seen people say sometimes since US/UM's release is that they think that Sun/Moon had a better plot than the ultra versions. Maybe I can't see it because I think that both are garbage that unfortunately failed to realize their potential, but I've been curious to know why exactly people think that S/M had a plot that was better than US/UM instead of them being about the same quality.

So, why do you? Conversely, if you hold the opposite opinion, that US/UM had the better one, why do you think that is the case?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
My memory is hazy but I remember thinking the story in s/m was better than usum for a few reasons. First off I think Lusamine in s/m is more enjoyable than the usum version of her. In s/m she's psychotic to the point where she prioritizes the ultra beasts over her own children. I mean shes fuses with an ultra beast and battles you in her psycho jelly form... I feel that's a kind of crazy we hadn't gotten before. Also Lillie's story is better fleshed out.

In usum they make Lusamine less of an antagonist. I remember them trying to paint her as a better mother and that she just is obsessed with stopping necrozma. Which I never fully felt she was a good mother at any point. To me her rewritten story is weaker than the original. Also I'm pretty sure they cut a few scenes/dialogue with Lillie that show her progression from timid and weak to capable of taking care of herself. It made her less memorable. Also the addition of rainbow rocket was so lame to me. It definitely felt like just some fan servicing than the inclusion of anything that made the story stronger.

Back