• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga PC's Favourite Anime: Part 1 - Action/Adventure

Years
PC's Favourite Anime: Part One

Welcome to Anime & Manga's newest project! The idea here is simple enough. We're looking to create a long term recommendation gallery featuring the PokeCommunity's favourite series.

Each week, until the project's end, we'll be asking you to list up to ten of your personal favourite anime series in the given genre (don't worry if they also appear in subsequent lists). At the end of the week, we'll take down every series mentioned here to later be placed into the recommendation gallery. Of course, you're welcome to discuss each others' lists here also.

As the title suggests, for this week we're asking for up to ten of your favourite action and/or adventure series!
Here is the schedule for the project!

- Week One: Action & Adventure
- Week Two: Drama & Romance
- Week Three: Comedy
- Week Four: Thriller & Horror
- Week Five: Slice of Life
- Week Six: Isekai
- Week Seven: Compilation Thread Posted!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Top Ten, huh? Alright, I'll try this. Might as well throw Sports in there for myself since it's not one of the categories but can fall into it sometimes.

10: Food Wars
9: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
8: Durarara X2 Ketsu
7: Dragon Ball
6: Inazuma Eleven
5: Danball Senki
4: Mob Psycho 100
3: Yu Yu Hakusho
2:Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann-hen (The Movies)
1: Kill la Kill

Probably something like this? Honestly this is just making me realize how many Action/Adventure anime I don't watch, or at least rate very high. But these right here are some of my favorite anime in general so here goes.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Hmm... Recommendation, eh? I kinda forget most of the anime I've watched, but in no particular order these are the anime I really like that I remembered they exist. So these are my Action and/ Adventure pick.
1. Fate/Zero, especially the season II (Action, Fantasy)
2. Mob Psycho 100, especially the season II (Slice of Life, Action, Comedy)
3. Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Golden Wind (Action, Adventure)
4. Cowboy Bebop (Action, Adventure, Sci-fi, Comedy)
5. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Action, Adventure, Fantasy)
6. Hellsing Ultimate (Action, Horror, Supernatural)
7, Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (Isekai, Comedy, Adventure)
8. One Punch Man (Action, Comedy)
9. Redline (Action, Sci-fi, Sports)
10. Bungou Stray Dogs (Action, Mystery, Supernatural)

Drat, Apparently seeing MAL to rejuvenate your memory is kind of bad, it's hard to pick just 10 there's quite a lot of honorable mentions, either just because I don't want to clutter this list with the same Franchise or they just narrowly miss : Lupin III, Black Lagoon, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure : Battle Tendency, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable, Fate/Unlimited Blade Works, Kill La Kill... And the list goes on...

Years
out of all of them, action & adventure might be my weakest genre since I'm more on the comedy and romantic side but I'll try to scourge through my MAL

10. Tokyo Ghoul Season 1 (let's not talk about the later seasons)
9. Noragami Series (s3 where u at)
8. Mob Psycho Series
7. Seven Deadly Sins Series (ironic its at 7)
6. Angel Beats (hey, its listed as action even though it has a reputation to make people cry)
5. One Punch Man
4. Boku no Hero
3. Attack on Titan
2. FMA
1. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

unlike the rom/com genre, I've never really sunk deep towards action and adventure, so I mostly watch the common ones

edit: I can't believe I forgot about Kimetsu no Yaiba. its right up there in between opm and boku :p

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've barely watched 10 series for this genre but I liked them so here we go! Have mostly watched the popular ones. :p

10. One Punch Man
9. Bungou Stray Dogs
8. Noragami
7. Ao no Exorcist
6. Trigun
5. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Mob Psycho 100
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
1. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Alright, let's go! I never got around to watch some of the classics like Cowboy Beebop, HxH, JoJo and many others, hence why they're absent here.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Fate/Zero
3. Magi: The Kingdom of Magic
4. Parasyte
5. My Hero Academia
6. Dr. Stone
7. Assassination Classroom
8. Gintama
9. Durarara!!!
10. Akatsuki no Yona (had to check, but it is indeed listed as action)

The genre is what pulled me in at the beginning and some of these I've watched quite some time ago. I thought of re-watching FMAB and checking if it really still is my favorite (it's been 6 years o.o) or did Fate/Zero take over the number 1 spot.

Years
The genre is what pulled me in at the beginning and some of these I've watched quite some time ago.

It was your typical shounen action/adventure series that started me into weebdom too, although these days I tend to watch other genres a lot more. I think you'll find it's the same for a lot of us.

My own top 10 in reverse order.

10. Code Geass
9. Darker Than Black
8. Akame ga Kill
7. Norogami
6. My Hero Academia
5. Mob Psycho 100
4. Fate/Zero
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Re:Zero
1. Made in Abyss

Truth be told, there's a handful of other series I could have put here, but I feel like other genres describe them better.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

10. Mobile Suit Gundam 00
9. Kill la Kill
8. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
7. Fate/Zero
6. Code Geass
5. Hellsing Ultimate
4. Fate/Apocrypha
3. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
2. Cross Ange
1. Suite Precure

Years
The first week is over, thanks for the contributions.
As a point of interest, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Mob Psycho 100 were the most listed at five occurrences each.

Back