• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: TL's Quick Enhancer (~Making rom hacking faster and easier)

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
The download link is down and TL will bring it back when he wants to
Thanks for replying in my absence.

Cant wait for this BRO.
^^ ;)

I cant find download
No download as of yet?

The download was available but people reported some bugs with the tool so its off now gone for recovery, but that might take some time.
and also the tool will have some massive changes, as the minor enhancements will be removed from the tool.
I now support doing all those things manually (i.e. learn hex editing and asm inserting)
but also I am making an optional project that will be doing the same as this tool
here:

https://github.com/Innovative-creators/FR-Feature-Engine

Its incomplete but it does the same task as the tool.
:)

Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello Guys,
Its me "The_Learner", back again amongst you, but this time with a tool made by me....
So I came up with this tool which I called "TL's Quick Enhancer".

You can always support me around here :
Click here to switch to DISCORD
also there is some other project I am working on, which is bit related to this and better than this .. which is being talked about in the link above.

SUPPORTED ROM :
Fire Red and Emerald
I am planning to stick with these two only, as most of the hackers use only these bases for making a rom-hack.

FEATURES AVAILABLE :
Spoiler:

FEATURES PLANNED :
Spoiler:

VERSION CHANGE LOG
Spoiler:

BUG LIST:
Spoiler:

Credit List:
The credit list was around the second page, but then I shifted it here.
also
special Thanks to Gamer2020 for his tool PGE. whose reference is taken to build this app,
also some of the functions are used in this release available.

Spoiler:

I even attached the initial release with the OP.
Be sure to check it and inform me :)

where is the download?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
INTRODUCTION

Hello Guys,
Its me "The_Learner", back again amongst you, but this time with a tool made by me....
So I came up with this tool which I called "TL's Quick Enhancer".

You can always support me around here :
Click here to switch to DISCORD
also there is some other project I am working on, which is bit related to this and better than this .. which is being talked about in the link above.

SUPPORTED ROM :
Fire Red and Emerald
I am planning to stick with these two only, as most of the hackers use only these bases for making a rom-hack.

FEATURES AVAILABLE :
Spoiler:

FEATURES PLANNED :
Spoiler:

VERSION CHANGE LOG
Spoiler:

BUG LIST:
Spoiler:

Credit List:
The credit list was around the second page, but then I shifted it here.
also
special Thanks to Gamer2020 for his tool PGE. whose reference is taken to build this app,
also some of the functions are used in this release available.

Spoiler:

I even attached the initial release with the OP.
Be sure to check it and inform me :)

good but where is download link

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
He took it out because he's been working on it so much that he wanted to make one big release instead of multiple releases.
But i do have a older version from 2016. but i do recommend Hex Helper Double Oh more.
DOWNLOAD
=========================
View attachment 84703

Thanks i figured out it was in the other community pokemon hackers oline.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
I am gonna make this tool to insert the pss icons....
But you will have to do the pss patch yourself...

Edit: I dont know if you used this tool or not, but it inserts the pss image and indeed even apply the pss patch...

Well the thing is you are also right,
But beginner hackers find difficult messing with hex and asm..
So the main purpose of this tool is to help them with inserting aome awesome fratures in their rom until they learn these things by themself...
And also to save the time :)

Uhhm i can't seem to find the donwload link :( I'm new to this hacking thing I've looked at the tutorials but can't make any progress.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 5, 2020
Oh thanks but this version doesn't have the other features like PSS etc. I can't seem to find it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2018
Anyone have a more recent download of this? I see its been taken down for updates, I'm trying to play omega fire red with special physical split.

I tried patching OFR using a .ips for special physical split and it causes the game to crash when pokemon learn certain moves (crashes when grovyle learns pursuit).

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 16, 2019
Any idea when it will get re-released with updates or just latest version?
or if anyone has a newer version than the one YoY-X has linked (which is the same version on pokemon hackers online)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Here's the latest (or later) version of TL's Quick Enhancer someone posted from the creator discord server. If The Learner wants me to remove it for some reason, I can, though I don't know why he would want to keep the old version floating around and not this one (I find it very useful).

Features:
Spoiler:

*EDIT* ModExe is another great tool for adding simple hacks. It only works for Fire Red, but it shows exactly what is changed, so it may be useful for Emerald (and the others) to figure out what to change in a hex editor. Link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=437753
ModExe exclusives (as of August 11 2020):
Spoiler:

Also, I recommend using this alongside Hex Helper Double OH! for more features: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=338884

Hex Helper exclusives:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• Quick_Enhancer.zip
    324.7 KB · Views: 2,018
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
If you look 3 posts above, I've updated the post with the latest version to describe what features are in the final version compared to the common version found online, and gave a recommendation for Hex Helper Double OH! while listing its exclusive features.

Back