• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Alpha Sapphire Egglocke

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Rules:
1. Catch every first pokemon encountered on a new route.
2. Trade caught pokemon for a random egg in the box (if nothing was got, I get no egg).
3. Nickname every hatched pokemon.
4. Every fainted pokemon is considered dead and is boxed for eternity.
5. Battle mode must be "SET".
6. Exp. Share must be turned off.

Clauses:
1. Shiny clause - If a shiny is encountered I can catch and keep it without swaping it out for an egg (knowing my luck not happening)

Log 1

So not much to tell here. Had to go through tutorial (that is get all the way to Petalburgh and help Wally catch his ralts) before I could even make any trades. Bought bunch of pokeballs, caught lots of wurmples, zigzagoons and what not to get my first eggs. Obviously not going to use these pokemon for other purposes except trading. After getting first seven eggs, I decided I could start my egglocke and hatched my first egg after trading it for the torchic. And it is an Audino. Certainly never used it before so that is a good first hatch. :)

Went into route 101 with thought of training Rudolf (my Audino) and killed the first zigzagoon with draining kiss. Big mistake! I needed it to trade for an egg. So no new egg for me, I train Rudolf to level 4 and go to route 103. Catch a wingull and trade for a random egg in the box which happens to be a Lilipup. Another pokemon I never used before (I don't use normal types much). This little puppy certainly is cute so I am happy. :)

Next move onto route 102 and catch a ralts (how was it my first encounter anyway, couldn't get ralts for ages in last AS playthrough O.O). Trade for an egg in the box which takes an painstakingly long time to hatch, but of course it hatches and it is an onix. Cool! Always wanted to use one. Guess I will just have to trade it again later to get a steelix, but that is a worry for another day.

Overall a very good start to an egglocke. Got great pokemon, all got good nature, some perfect IVs. I am happy!
But that's it for the log. Sorry it is so short, but I spent most of the day trading for eggs and that onix seemed to take eternity to hatch! Thanks to everybody to traded me some eggs to play with. (But I could still use a few more ^^)

Team:
audino.png
Rudolf - Audino (male), Bold, Healer (traded from Zapph)
lillipup.png
Trevor - Lilipup (male), Adamant, Vital Spirit (traded from Armienn)
onix.png
Brock - Onix (male), Impish, Rock Head (traded from Cavespider_17/Charlie)

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Log 2

So I decide to start the day by training my onix Brock (yeah, very creative naming) on route 104. But just like on route 102, I forgot to catch the first pokemon so I got no egg. Oh well, I honestly got little tired of running around with (hard to hatch them with no O-powers or Flame Body pokemon). So I train my pokemon a bit and then move onto Petalburgh Woods. Go on to catch a Slakoth in the shaking grass and it almost kills Trevor (Lillipup) with Hammer Arm. Seriously a wild Slakoth with Hammer Arm! So after catch this little bastard I trade it for another random egg. Run around for a while and a froakie hatches. Awesome! Water type pokemon - check! Named him Saizo after the cool ninja in Fire Emblem Fates.

After training Saizo and beating the Aqua grunt, I move onto Rustoboro City. Since I missed out on pokemon on route 104, I decide to go onto route 116 to catch pokemon to swap for an egg. I catch a zigzagoon, swap for an egg which hatches into a Chimchar. Probably the most exciting hatch so far! Never had a chimchar before since I didn't play gen 4, but always was curious about it. Also fire type pokemon on the team - check!

So one short training session later, I go to the gym and challenge Roxanne. Beat her without any problem. Used Rudolf (Audino) to beat her geodude and let Saizo take care of the Nosepass. This is the first gym so nothing exciting happens, everyone is well and healthy. :)

Team:
audino.png
Rudolf Lv 13
lillipup.png
Trevor Lv 12
onix.png
Brock Lv 10
froakie.png
Saizo Lv 14 - Froakie (male), Relaxed, Torrent (traded from walkinglighting)
chimchar.png
Matt Lv 11 - Chimchar (male), Naive, Iron Fist (traded from BG_The_Great)

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Log 3

So after I beat Roxanne, I move on to Dewford. Since I want to train my team a bit more and get a new pokemon, I go to Granite Cave before the gym. First encounter - Abra! Great! No chance to weaken it, it will just teleport away, so I just chuck a great ball and hope for the best. By some miracle Abra stays in the ball and I exchange it for an egg. So I run around the cave, train my pokemon a little, wait for egg to hatch. During training Matt (Chimchar) reaches level 14 and evolves in Monferno. Excellent! :) And soon enough egg hatches too and it is my favourite egyptian pasta dog - Riolu. :D Had Riolu plenty of times before, but nonetheless I am happy. Named him Luka, trained him a bit and then went on to challenge the gym.

As I had no type advantages and four disadvantages I expected Brawly's fighting type gym to be hard. But Saizo evolved into Frogadier during one of gym trainer battles, Matt made short work of Machop, Saizo then finished off the Makuhita. The battle was a bit annoying as Makuhita was Sand Attacking me all the time, but it was still easy enough. After the gym I quickly run to deliver the letter to Steven-senpai and travel to Slateport.

I wish I could write something more interesting in these logs, but since nothing is happening then there is nothing to write. I am surprised how easy it still easy with the Exp.Share off. Also I decided that will finish each log with a gym, so they wouldn't be too confusing.

Team:
audino.png
Rudolf Lv 14
lillipup.png
Trevor Lv 14
onix.png
Brock Lv 12
frogadier.png
Saizo Lv 16
monferno.png
Matt Lv 15
riolu.png
Luka Lv 11 - Riolu (male), Hardy, Prankster (traded from BG_The Great)

P.S. I just have 4 or 5 eggs left. If someone would be willing to send me a few more (just in case), it would be great.

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Log 4

I spend a bit of time in Slateport Contest Hall, completed cute and cool contests on normal rank. Then I go to route 110, catch a voltorb and exchange it for an egg. It turns out to be a honedge! Oh, happy day! I have always wanted to use honedge in X, but never got to it. Unfortunately, that means that one from my team has to go and since Luka (riolu) will evolve into steel type, I decide to replace him.

So I train around route 110 and 103 for a while, go into trick master's house and afterwards move onto Mauville. I battle Wally with Brock. Poor ralts was so scared he just wanted to teleport out of battle. XD So before the gym I go to route 117, catch a volbeat and exchange it for an egg. Out of it comes a gastly. All ghosts today! I like gengar and I have two normal type so I replace Rudolf for the new gastly Shana.

I train around route 117, do few more contests in Verdanturf and go to challenge the gym (after I buy bulldoze for Brock). Honestly, Wattson's gym never seemed so easy. Used Brock to just annihilate everything. Could not take out Magneton with one hit, but quickly switched into Matt (Monferno) and finished him off. Every pokemon still alive and three badges in my pocket. Super! :D

Team:
gastly.png
Shana Lv 16 - Gastly (female), Timid, Levitate (traded from Zapph)
herdier.png
Trevor Lv 20
onix.png
Brock Lv 22
frogadier.png
Saizo Lv 20
monferno.png
Matt Lv 23
honedge.png
Guinevere Lv 20 - Honedge (female), Brave, No Guard (traded from Armienn)

Back