• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying to do old text bubbles

Rinkoou

Awful-Pun Master
Years
Hi, I'm using Carmaniac's text bubbles script and I'm wondering on how to make the bubbles look like this:
BubbleMessage_zpscc1f5fb5.png

In the thread where the photo came from, (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=295277) he said it would be easy to do it like this, but I really suck at coding and can't manage to get it working. I don't know if this is the correct place to do it, but I'd really appreciate it if anybody could share the code.

BeClawKing

Yeah just my Profile ^^
Years
Hello Rinkoou :)
Here i have seen this on the site youve linked.

"How to use:
To use the script, before each show text command, you will need to do a script call, depending on the type of message you would like to display you need to do pbCallBub(type, eventid) An example of how to use this script, would be pbCallBub(1,13) The first value is set to either 1 or 2. When it is 1, it shows up the floating bubble message, when it is 2, it will show up the arrow message. The second value, is the event ID that you want to show as talking. My eventID is 013, so we put 13. If you don't put this script call before the show text method, it will simply assume you want a normal message window, and will not show the arrow."

You must follow this its easy ;)

sry for my bad english im german :)

Rinkoou

Awful-Pun Master
Years
What I mean is that the variation shown in the picture is different from the current styles (Current styles are BW-Styled arrows and a text bubble) and I don't know how to code the old style (The picture) in. I know how to use the script, but thanks.

Years
To use the script, before each show text command, you will need to do a script call, depending on the type of message you would like to display you need to do pbCallBub(type, eventid) An example of how to use this script, would be pbCallBub(1,13) The first value is set to either 1 or 2. When it is 1, it shows up the floating bubble message, when it is 2, it will show up the arrow message. The second value, is the event ID that you want to show as talking. My eventID is 013, so we put 13. If you don't put this script call before the show text method, it will simply assume you want a normal message window, and will not show the arrow.

Basically, when you do the event, you insert the script in the first line (pbCallBub(X,Y)) of the text event. X is the type of bubble speech, and Y is Event ID - basically, where you want to place this bubble (or arrow to bubble).

Back