• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

USUM Data Files for Pokedex Expansion

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
View attachment 87480

few thing to note:
Inkay evolution method seem to be impossible in gba so i change to level up normally.
Evolution at certain place shall be specified later as I use some placeholder map id.
I m not sure if Eevee evolution 6th 7th 8th branches is legal in decomp.

also pls check if any typo I did.

Great work, thanks for that! I've added the file to the repository as is for now, it looks fine. I'll give all the files a check for typos and rename the forms to something more understandable as you suggested.

Once that's done the only things missing from the resource will be sprite- and cry-related tables, the rest of the 3DS cries and all the TM/HM/tutor data.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've just added a level up learnsets pointer file and renamed almost all of the forms to have more informative names. There's still a bit of clean up to do, but most files should now have consistent names for everything.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Dropping my level_up_learnsets.h over here in case anyone wants to use it. It's basically yours Buffel, but tweaked to the latest commits of Egg's branches (battle_engine_v2 and pokemon_expansion), so it's ready to be used in a merged branch.

-Fixed learnset pointers (for example, the Alolan Forms being written as Pokémon_1 instead of AlolanPokémon or the Janmo-O line having their 2nd "o" in lowercase letters)
-Fixed various move labels (MOVE_HIGH_JUMP_KICK, MOVE_FEINT_ATTACK, MOVE_SMELLING_SALTS, MOVE_NATURE'S_MADNESS, MOVE_KING'S_SHIELD and maybe a few more)
-Commented out the evolution moves and the moves that were not defined in the battle_engine_v2 yet.
-Added the learnsets from SwSh to Meltan and Melmetal.

EDIT (23/02/2020): I updated the file just now, adding the learnsets for Lycanroc's Dusk and Midnight Forms since they were implemented in Egg's branches recently.
I skipped a few repeated moves like Midnight Form learning Sand Attack at Lv4 or Bite at Lv7 because it already learned those moves at Lv1 and realistically, that wouldn't happen in normal gameplay in a standard Pokémon game. The only reason to leave one or the other is Move Reminder shenanigans.
Whoever decides to use this file can change that sort of stuff as they see fit though, naturally.

EDIT (21/04/2020): I updated the file just now, uncommenting the moves Plasma Fists, Photon Geyser and Double Iron Bash since they were added to the battle_engine_v2.
I also changed the labels for MOVE_KING_S_SHIELD, MOVE_FOREST_S_CURSE and MOVE_LAND_S_WRATH, since I fixed them a few days ago.

Attachments

• level_up_learnsets.h
    540.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I've updated the cries to match the naming convention used in Egg's Pokemon expansion repo (i.e. they're all named cry_not_[species] now to indicate that they shouldn't be compressed). Kinda pointless for most of them seeing as they're already in said repo, but it'll be useful for the few forms that haven't been added yet, and maybe for pokefirered once it's ready. I've also renamed the form cries with proper names, so it's clear which cry belongs to which form.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Just added gen 8 cries to the resource, including cries for all the DLC mons and forms. Probably won't bother adding other gen 8 data for now, as that'll be covered by the RHH Pokemon expansion.

Back