• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What was your in game team

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
On a first play through of the game I'll only use pokemon of that generation.
My team in X was
Greninja
Talonflame
Pangoro
Sylveon
Aegislash
Goodra

For Y
Delphox
Gourgeist
Aurorus
Avalugg
Noivern
and... Pangoro. I really like Pangoro.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
Years
This was my team that I cleared the game with about two years ago.

- Lucius the Delphox
- Rose the... Roserade
- Melody the Meinshao
- Kamex the Blastoise (uh... no I wasn't that uncreative, Kamex just so happens to be the username of a good friend of mine)
- Harkness the Sylveon
- Shanoa the Crobat

Most of them ended up being exactly level 70 by the time I beat the Champion, except for Harkness who was level 72. Looking back on this team now, I sort of regret planning my team in my usual Water/Grass/Fire/Flying/Fighting/Wildcard set up, but it will be what it will.

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
Years
First hall of fame entry in Y was on 3/17/16 (I got the game on the 16th), with a team of:
Delphox
Talonflame
Venusaur
Pangoro
Aegislash
Lapras

All around level 60-70.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Okay so clearly I played Y a little different to everyone else... I rotated like 20 Pokemon when I got to the Elite Four. It was mostly because it's so easy for your Pokemon to level up in Y thanks to the lengthy gameplay between the first and second badges, the EXP share and the relatively low levels of gyms, trainers and elite four. It meant I was able to rotate heaps of Pokemon and never fall behind. So, read and weep...

Mew Lv 65 Synchronise
Calm Mind / Metronome / Dazzling Gleam / Psychic
Someone traded this to me for a Lv30 Floette, wtf?! It's also the closest thing I have to a Fairy type, with Dazzling Gleam and a Pixie Plate. Calm Mind when it comes in because of good speed and defence stats and Metronome just for shits and gigs because it's cool and you can risk it with a Mew.
Abomasnow Lv63 Snow Warning (Mega)
Blizzard / Ice Shard / Ice Punch / Wood Hammer
Annoying that Ice Punch is the most powerful physical Ice move, as Abomasnow's attack is better than its special attack, but this is a cool Pokemon as long as you don't use it against a fire-type. Its mega type looks wicked.
Blastoise Lv64 Torrent (Mega)
Iron Defense / Surf / Skull Bash / Aqua Tail
GREAT all-round stats. Defence boosts turn it into a physical wall and Surf is great as we all know.
Aegislash Lv64 Stance Change
Retaliate / Iron Head / King's Shield / Shadow Ball
Awesome to switch into with Retaliate and King's Shield against physical types. I love the strategy of using Aegislash. Fun.
Gogoat Lv63 Sap Sipper
Horn Leech / Earthquake / Leaf Blade / Energy Ball
One of my fav Pokemon of this gen. Looks super cool and boasts pretty great attack stats. Earthquake to cover some weaknesses.
Scrafty Lv61 Moxie
High Jump Kick / Crunch / Bulk Up / Brick Break
Another of my favourites and if I was to cut this down to six Pokemon, Scrafty would be in it. Terrific defences and good Atk stat as well. Lead with a Bulk Up and then it deals huge damage with High Jump Kick and stab on all its moves.
Avalugg Lv61 Own Tempo
Double-Edge / Rest / Skull Bash / Avalanche
About ready to dump Avalugg. Better early on when you face less Pokemon with special moves, and fun to play strategy with but it's Sp Def stat is rubbish so cool against physical Pokemon but pretty useless otherwise.
Absol Lv63 Super Luck (Mega)
Swords Dance / X-Scissor / Night Slash / Future Sight
Another of my favourites. Wish it had better defences.
Rhyperior Lv62 Solid Rock
Stone Edge / Earthquake / Rock Polish / Drill Run
Got the perfect set goin on this one I reckon. Rock Polish allows it to hit first against most Pokemon and both Stone Edge and Earthquake are powerful. I might replace Drill Run with an electric move to cover its weaknesses.
Talonflame Lv65 Flame Body
Overheat / Steel Wing / Fly / Aerial Ace
Having a fire Pokemon this fast is so good. Love Talonflame, the grey underbody is a bit ugly, but a great Pokemon.
Heracross Lv61 Guts (Mega)
Take Down / Megahorn / Close Combat / Swords Dance
Another favourite, running all out on Atk. :cool:
Magnezone Lv64 Sturdy
Thunder / Flash Cannon / Metal Sound / Discharge
Sturdy means it can survive an Earthquake, and it has the most resistances of any type. Aimed with Metal Sound and two stab Sp Atk moves of both its types, this is a great Pokemon.
Yveltal Lv64 Dark Aura
Focus Blast / Oblivion Wing / Hurricane / Dark Pulse
Obviously a beast. Focus Blast to cover two of its weaknesses. Oblivion Wing might be the best move the game has ever seen, I love it so much and it looks cool as too.
Malamar Lv63 Contrary
Foul Play / Swagger / Psycho Cut / Hypnosis
Another favourite. I love using Swagger/Foul Play and Contrary is a fucking wicked ability. Good Pokemon to start with.
Lapras Lv63 Water Absorb
Surf / Blizzard / Ice Beam / Brine
Yet another favourite. Has great all-round stats, save for being a bit slow, so can survive most hits. Surf, Ice Beam and Blizzard all capable of big damage and then Brine finishes them off strong.
Gengar Lv64 Levitate (Mega)
Toxic / Shadow Ball / Curse / Hex
Loses Levitate when it megaevolves annoyingly, but a dope Pokemon as we all know well. I love using Toxic/Hex, Shadow Ball fucking rules thanks to its high Sp Atk, and there's Curse for when you're up shit creek without a paddle
Dragonite Lv63 Inner Focus
Dragon Dance / Draco Meteor / Dragon Claw / Flamethrower
Might replace Dragon Dance... what do you reckon? Maybe Calm Mind... since Dragon Claw already gets STAB. Not quite as good as I remembered, and Dragonair might be the best looking Pokemon in the game. But still damn good.
Delphox Lv63 Blaze
Flamethrower / Psychic / Fire Spin / Fire Blast
My starter. Fire Spin/Flamethrower most often, Fire Blast for the big jobs, and having stab Psychic rules.
Raichu Lv64 Static
Light Screen / Nuzzle / Wild Charge / Electro Ball
Nuzzle>Electro Ball is fucking so good, particularly when thanks to its high Speed Raichu is faster than most already. Wild Charge to take advantage of its high Attack. Not sold on Light Screen. Thinking of Double Team maybe... or Reflect, as its Defence is lowest stat.
Lucario Lv60 Steadfast (Mega)
Flash Cannon / Calm Mind / Aura Sphere / Close Combat
Another favourite. This is a perfect set if you ask me. Calm Mind to start with, a fighting and a steel stab Sp Atk move, great stats, and the awesome Close Combat.

And I have since added...
Zygarde Lv70 Aura Break
Crunch / Land's Wrath / Camouflage / Dragon Pulse
Open to suggestions on this bad boy.
Mewtwo Lv70 Pressure (Mega)
Light Screen / Reflect / Psychic / Focus Blast
Jesus christ, how good is this Pokemon. Huge all-round stats and insane Sp Atk. You have time to set up the barrier moves, and Focus Blast counters Dark and Steel types.

I've also had Pokemon like Bisharp, Salamence, Drapion and others but I've given up on them. Salamence because its moves were a mess, but I will keep it and transfer to Omega Ruby for the Mega Stone, and Drapion, because I was trying to run a stall/setup set on it (Toxic/Toxic Spikes/Infestation/Crunch) because it only has one weakness but the setups take too long and it doesn't have good special defence so often gets knocked out pretty quick.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
My story team in X was:

delphox.gif
swanna.gif
malamar.gif
mawile.gif
dragalge.gif
trevenant.gif

I had a lot of fun using these guys.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
I actually went through the game catching and breeding EVERY pokemon, so by the time I got to the Elite 4 the only pokemon I didn't have that had been bred and raised to level 60 were the 8 Fossil Pokemon you can't get until the post game, so I had 12 boxes full of all the pokemon possible and never had a fixed "team" to go through the game. The final team against the elite 4 however was:

Greninja
Slurpuff
Scizor
Galvantula
Skarmory
Hydreigon (But started off in my team as Zweilous when I first started battling them)

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
Ras Al Gul (Geninja)
Arthur (Agieslash)
Firestorm (Mega Charizard X)
Tyrone (Tyrantrum)
Fisher Price (Klefki)
Ice Cube (Rotom (Ice))

It was cake. Also, my nicknames are amazing.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2016
I traded a protean froakie to x and started with chespin so my team will be as followed
Greninja
Chesnaught
Charizard X
Aegislash

Who should my last 2 pokemon I add to the squad?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Chespin is my only team member at the moment. I've started a new save file, haha.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I finished my replay of Y with:

Pyra the Delphox (F)
Aquachu the Azumarill (F)
Sage the (Mega) Venusaur (M)
Durandal the Aegislash (M)
Star the Staraptor (F)
Brutus the Garchomp (M)

Cool, Post #500!

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Thats right, get a bulbasaur in luminose city and evolve it into ivysaur and then a venasaur. Then you should have these pokemons in your team :
Aegislash
Tyrannitar
Garchomp,and
Skarmory.

Years
When I started playing, I didn't really bother too much with trading and such so my in game team was more or less built off what I had at the time.

The Elite four team consisted of Delphox, Venusaur, Golurk, Absol, Golduck and Talonflame/Pidgeot. Talonflame and Pidgeot would swap places from time to time, primarily Talonflame was my trademark transportation poke that never leaves my party. Pidgeot had more battle type moves.

I have to say, normal sans Galewings Talonflame has to be the most useful egg hatcher. A lot of the crew ended up being mothballed and put into Pokebank for posterity in the Hall of Heroes box.. except Talonflame who has never left my hands in the post game.

pkmin3033

At the moment, my in-game team for Y is Braixen, Ivysaur, and Bagon. I'm going to pick up the Lapras for a fourth, and try and get a Larvitar for the fifth. The sixth...eh, I dunno yet. Something from the fourth gen, perhaps. Not the Lucario. Maybe a Rotom, although I doubt I'd be able to reach the Lost Hotel by this coming Tuesday, so I'd have to wait a full week...bah.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
Years
I haden't played since like 4th gen so I ended up with a pretty generic team. Never ended up at a type dis-advantage though!

Delphox
Blastoise
Roserade
Pidgeot
Haxorus
Aurorus

(spelling on all those?)
As soon as I get Pokemon Bank I'm going to transfer all my shinies/IV bred/etc and restart. Kinda want to try futiledevice's idea and swap in-and-out of Pokemon throughout the game.

Years
Well. I just wanted to test some of the new mons, so most of them are from gen 6. But I like my team somehow.

- Greninja (Starter)
- Venusaur
- Florges
- Aegislash
- Talonflame
- (Insert here random HM-Slave, whose name I actually didn't know)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
After switching out Pokemon up through Laverre City, I decided to have my six slots be filled by
- Aegislash
- Greninja
- Golurk
- Hawlucha
- Vivillon
- Gogoat

My other two Pokemon I used a lot were Pangoro and Aurorus

I currently have my main six all about lvl 58, bout to go through Victory Road

and the other two are lvl 40

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
Years
My Y team consists of Delphox, Talonflame, Florges, Hawlucha, Aegislash, and Dragalge.

My first X team was Chesnaught, Diggersby, Vivillon, Charizard (wanted to use a Mega despite liking Mega Charizard Y more), Tyrantrum, and Clawitzer. I currently have an X playthrough going consisting of Delphox, Noivern, Vespiquen, Snorlax, Heliolisk, and Mienshao.

Back