• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 8, 2016
ok so..i dont know what happened but i got stuck, my character would not move at all but i could still quick save my game..and stupidly enough ive saved my game and now i still cant move or do anything at all :/

is there any way to fix this?
please help..

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
Years
have one problem whit my game, i have another pokemon fan game and when i gona play that game my save of pokemon Alabaster is in that game can someone help me ?

I don't think this should happen unless the other game has the same name as mine. The save file for this game goes into a folder called Pokémon Alabaster so no other games should access it unless they are trying to use the same folder.

I'm having trouble with Mega. When I download through my browser, nothing happens afterwards.

This sounds like it might be an issue with the browser blocking the file itself, via firewall or antivirus or something like that. Make sure nothing like that is stopping it. If we need to I'll try to find an alternative to mega but some other more popular games seem to have gotten by with only that so I'm hoping it's not a compatibility issue.

I'M getting this error when i use c in battle
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `pbStartChooseMoveScreen' for #<PokemonSummary:0x7dc9490>
PokeBattle_Scene:2767:in `pbChooseMove'
PokeBattle_Scene:2764:in `pbFadeOutIn'
PokeBattle_Scene:2764:in `pbChooseMove'
PItem_ItemEffects:2681
PItem_ItemEffects:2680:in `call'
Event:150:in `trigger'
PItem_Items:234:in `triggerBattleUseOnPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:1754:in `__shadow_pbUseItemOnPokemon'
Pokemon_ShadowPokemon:509:in `pbUseItemOnPokemon'
PokeBattle_Battle:3050:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4081:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4079:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:4079:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:4030:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:4030:in `__clauses__pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Clauses:42:in `pbEndOfRoundPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2800:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:2799:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2783:in `loop'

That's strange... Alright thanks for reporting. I'll look into it. It's not keeping you from playing, is it?

ok so..i dont know what happened but i got stuck, my character would not move at all but i could still quick save my game..and stupidly enough ive saved my game and now i still cant move or do anything at all :/

is there any way to fix this?
please help..

I sent you a file. I actually wasn't stuck for some reason but I still reset the map so hopefully you won't be stuck either.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 6, 2019
Hey, Alababal. First of all, great work! I haven't completed the demo yet, but so far I am loving the unique spin you've put on the classic Pokemon storyline, the interesting characters, the level of detail in the quests, and how fun your world is to explore! I did have a quick question, though: how likely is it that the current version of the game won't be compatible with future updates? Should I be working hard to complete as much of the Pokedex as I can, or do you imagine that people will want to go back and start all over from the beginning once the full release is completed?

Alababal

Years
Hey, Alababal. First of all, great work! I haven't completed the demo yet, but so far I am loving the unique spin you've put on the classic Pokemon storyline, the interesting characters, the level of detail in the quests, and how fun your world is to explore! I did have a quick question, though: how likely is it that the current version of the game won't be compatible with future updates? Should I be working hard to complete as much of the Pokedex as I can, or do you imagine that people will want to go back and start all over from the beginning once the full release is completed?

I'll say it's very unlikely that there will be compatablility issues. I don't want to guarantee it but I don't see myself making any changes that would cause compatability problems going forward. If I'm afraid that I'll hit the map limit then I may rearrange them, but if I do that there will be safe maps that I'll tell you to save in before upgrading.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 6, 2019
I'll say it's very unlikely that there will be compatablility issues. I don't want to guarantee it but I don't see myself making any changes that would cause compatability problems going forward. If I'm afraid that I'll hit the map limit then I may rearrange them, but if I do that there will be safe maps that I'll tell you to save in before upgrading.

Awesome, good to know. Thanks a lot for the quick response. Actually, I think I've run into a small issue. I made it to Belmirage Town and joined up with the Camping Club, but when I purchased the Itemfinder from one of my fellow troop members I noticed that it said I 'Received the Old Rod', and then the Itemfinder never appeared in my Bag. Is there any way to remedy this?

Alababal

Years
Awesome, good to know. Thanks a lot for the quick response. Actually, I think I've run into a small issue. I made it to Belmirage Town and joined up with the Camping Club, but when I purchased the Itemfinder from one of my fellow troop members I noticed that it said I 'Received the Old Rod', and then the Itemfinder never appeared in my Bag. Is there any way to remedy this?

Ohh... Yeah sorry that's a mistake on my end. You won't be able to get the itemfinder from him in the current version. You can get the item finder if you go back to the academy and complete the series of riddles there that started in your room. Alternately if you want you can email me your save file and I can give you the itemfinder. Now that I think about it I can make it so that if you talk to him he'll give you the itemfinder if you've already payed for it but don't have it, but that'll only be in the next update.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 6, 2019
Ohh... Yeah sorry that's a mistake on my end. You won't be able to get the itemfinder from him in the current version. You can get the item finder if you go back to the academy and complete the series of riddles there that started in your room. Alternately if you want you can email me your save file and I can give you the itemfinder. Now that I think about it I can make it so that if you talk to him he'll give you the itemfinder if you've already payed for it but don't have it, but that'll only be in the next update.

Funny that you mention it, but I'm actually kind of stuck at part of the riddle. The second clue reads something like 'Six beds in rows of two, one of them is made just for you.' It's a hint to go to the Pokemon Center, right? But no matter what I do there nothing triggers the next step of the game. :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2022
How to evol sylveon bro ??

I want you update next control speed up game

P/s: i like you hack, good luck to finish project bro

Last edited:

Alababal

Years
Funny that you mention it, but I'm actually kind of stuck at part of the riddle. The second clue reads something like 'Six beds in rows of two, one of them is made just for you.' It's a hint to go to the Pokemon Center, right? But no matter what I do there nothing triggers the next step of the game. :(

Oh... you're right. Yeah I guess you can't get it that way after you graduate. I'll probably remove the quest entirely after you graduate since it doesn't make sense to have them waiting around for days at a time. The camper will give you the itemfinder by the next update if you talk to him.

How to evol sylveon bro ??

I want you update next control speed up game

P/s: i like you hack, good luck to finish project bro

There isn't a way to right now. I have been thinking about it though. Maybe by giving your eevee a few massages (by the time we get a gym update). I want to take care of that, and trade evolutions by the time you get to Squall City, which is where you get the 5th gym. Glad you like the game so far though.

Alababal

Years
I've posted a couple of bug fixes in the latest version, verson 0.4.6. The fixes included are as follows:

~The problem where Team Celestial blocks you on route 303 should be fixed. This only works if you haven't already been blocked so if you have feel free to email me your save and I'll fix it when I can.

~If you're trapped in the storage room in Team Celestial base by the Celestial grunt, talking to him should make him move out of the way.

~The problem where the game can freeze when Green is showing you through the Celestial hideout should be fixed.

~If you join Team Celestial the story ends when you get your pokémon, so you don't end up doing the same thing twice.

The demo still ends after you beat the 3rd gym. You can go to the next town if you like, but you'd be starting a new story that isn't complete yet. A content update is still quite a way off, but I am working on it for those of you that have been asking/curious.

OK , im wait project so finish soon .. i find bug and report :)
Ok the new update/patch should fix it, hopefully.

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 29, 2016
Hey I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love your game!! It has the potential to become a major phenomenon, great work :D
I was wondering, is Budew available to catch in Autumn Wood / Deep Woods? I've been searching for a really long time, trying all sorts of crazy things.
Also I just wanted to report that you can bypass the people guarding Deep Woods by walking one tile to their right or left.
Thank you so much for the amazing game!

Also, just curious, have you made / are you planning to make mega banette available? I've been raising a shuppet for the first time and have been pleasantly surprised with her strength! :D

Last edited:

Alababal

Years
Hey I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely love your game!! It has the potential to become a major phenomenon, great work :D
I was wondering, is Budew available to catch in Autumn Wood / Deep Woods? I've been searching for a really long time, trying all sorts of crazy things.
Also I just wanted to report that you can bypass the people guarding Deep Woods by walking one tile to their right or left.
Thank you so much for the amazing game!

Also, just curious, have you made / are you planning to make mega banette available? I've been raising a shuppet for the first time and have been pleasantly surprised with her strength! :D
Thanks for the report and the complement! I appreciate it. Budew isn't available until after you leave the academy. You can find it on the first two routes. As for mega banette, you can't mega evolve yet but banettite is actually already obtainable. You'll be getting a mega bracelet later, but not in this demo.

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 29, 2016
Thanks for the report and the complement! I appreciate it. Budew isn't available until after you leave the academy. You can find it on the first two routes. As for mega banette, you can't mega evolve yet but banettite is actually already obtainable. You'll be getting a mega bracelet later, but not in this demo.

That's amazing, thank you so much!! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Alababal, Just wanted to say a few things. First off, thank you so much for making this game, its AWESOME! I've been playing Pokemon since it came out, and as much as I love the traditional beginning to each game, everything about yours so far is so new and different, but totally fitting with the world and canon of the franchise. Super rad. Love the Academy. I've been taking it really slow, trying to see every nook and cranny, every possible interaction.

That said (apologies for how long this is, just a couple of bugs), there have been a couple of things I thought I might point out. One was during the riddles sidequest for student council. I figured out the clue about the beds and stuff, but for some reason when I went to the Pokecenter the guy wasn't there, just some picknicker girl talking about how lucky it is that they don't charge. I watched someone else's playthrough to make sure I wasn't missing anything, idunno where I went wrong, so no itemfinder for me. nbd. Second, in the academy gym after you impress the teacher/scout and she asks you if you're ready to battle, I declined so that I could go heal. When I returned, her sprite was just walking around randomly, through walls and other trainers and can't be interacted with. She eventually wandered far off screen. Idk why, but all of the other graduation stuff happened normally, so I guess I just lost out on the XP from that battle or something. The only other thing I can think of so far is in the deep woods there are a few squares you can walk on that you shouldn't be able to (i.e. standing in the creek). None of them get you stuck so it's no big deal, but at one point on the right-hand side of the map there is a tile that looks like a rock-climb spot that you can just walk up a hill into a big empty space with nothing, goes to the edge of the map where it all goes black. Nothing major, but if you go tinker with anything in that area it might be worth your while to fix that border there.

I really hope this didn't come across as complainy or anything, I seriously LOVE this game, it's like you're breathing new life into the series and I really appreciate it. My only regret is that I can't put it on my DS and take it with me. Thanks a million, keep up the great work! Cheers

Alababal

Years
Alababal, Just wanted to say a few things. First off, thank you so much for making this game, its AWESOME! I've been playing Pokemon since it came out, and as much as I love the traditional beginning to each game, everything about yours so far is so new and different, but totally fitting with the world and canon of the franchise. Super rad. Love the Academy. I've been taking it really slow, trying to see every nook and cranny, every possible interaction.

That said (apologies for how long this is, just a couple of bugs), there have been a couple of things I thought I might point out. One was during the riddles sidequest for student council. I figured out the clue about the beds and stuff, but for some reason when I went to the Pokecenter the guy wasn't there, just some picknicker girl talking about how lucky it is that they don't charge. I watched someone else's playthrough to make sure I wasn't missing anything, idunno where I went wrong, so no itemfinder for me. nbd. Second, in the academy gym after you impress the teacher/scout and she asks you if you're ready to battle, I declined so that I could go heal. When I returned, her sprite was just walking around randomly, through walls and other trainers and can't be interacted with. She eventually wandered far off screen. Idk why, but all of the other graduation stuff happened normally, so I guess I just lost out on the XP from that battle or something. The only other thing I can think of so far is in the deep woods there are a few squares you can walk on that you shouldn't be able to (i.e. standing in the creek). None of them get you stuck so it's no big deal, but at one point on the right-hand side of the map there is a tile that looks like a rock-climb spot that you can just walk up a hill into a big empty space with nothing, goes to the edge of the map where it all goes black. Nothing major, but if you go tinker with anything in that area it might be worth your while to fix that border there.

I really hope this didn't come across as complainy or anything, I seriously LOVE this game, it's like you're breathing new life into the series and I really appreciate it. My only regret is that I can't put it on my DS and take it with me. Thanks a million, keep up the great work! Cheers

Thanks for the report and I'm glad you've enjoyed it. The riddle sidequest problem has been brought to my attention, and will be fixed in the next update. If you talk to the people in the Camp Club they will give you an item finder (in the next update, not the current version.

Years
Done the demo it was good. I like the choices and the fact that I be something other than straight-laced all the time. When do you plan on introducing the water stone (or at least a place to buy it, I need my Ludicolo otherwise Lombre is useless af.) Is Larvesta's evolution level still going to be 59 or will you lower it (I don't have a problem with either.) Also is it possible for you to introduce a Wild Pokemon list? Basically telling us what pokemon are located in what route? For my last question, when do you think the next update will be out and what will feature in this update?

Good job on the game by the way.

Last edited:
Back