• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Journey Optional [T] [OOC]

Years
Journey Optional

Welcome to the kind of journey RP that can be finished in only a few short months, the kind where you can completely skip the journey part! This is Journey Optional; the fast-paced, mechanics-based alternative to actual Pokémon journey RPs.

That doesn't make any sense? Sure it does! In this RP you'll assume the role of a new trainer and take on the gyms of the tiny Diminia Region in a quick series of gym battles. Then, you'll battle each other in JP Pokémon League tournament.

How this Works

Rather than getting lost in a long series of posts where very little happens, this is going to be a fast roleplay that cuts straight to the action. Over the course of eight weeks, you'll write a gym battle post once a week for each of the Diminia Region's leaders as they are revealed to you. At the end of each week, when we move from one gym leader to the next, I will randomly generate a list of ten Pokémon for each participant, then I will role two dice. The first will determine how many of the ten Pokémon you are able to catch, the second will determine how many of your existing team are able to either evolve or learn a new move. You will have the option of either evolving Pokémon or teaching them a new move, but not both. All starting movesets will be given out by me. You will be able to teach your Pokémon any move they can legally learn in the games (but don't go using all the powerful stuff early that's boring).

Once the first eight weeks are over, we enter into the second half of the RP. Here, you will be paired up in tourney rounds where you will JP a battle with me sitting in as a spectator. As you write the battle, I will determine when each Pokémon is deemed "unable to battle" until there is a winner. During the League Tournament, only the second dice will be rolled. Journey Optional concludes when a new Champion is crowned.

During the RP, you are welcome to make additional posts aside from your gym and league battles if you have time. However these are not required at all.

Signing Up

Signing up for this RP is also pretty easy! Just complete the following form.

Character Name:
Appearance: Choose your appearance from existing trainer class sprites. You can find a list of trainer classes here. No main characters, evil teams etc.
Strengths: A couple of positives to your character.
Weaknesses: The opposite of the above.

Pokémon One: Any first stage, non Legendary/Mythical Pokémon. I'll give you its moves and ability when I accept you.
Pokémon Two: As above.

Rules

Sorry, these are still a thing.

1. GM word is law
2. All RPT rules apply
3. Keep the one week time period, the RP will move on without you. If you are unable to meet the deadline one week, I will allow you to post twice the next to catch up. Don't abuse this.
4. Have fun. This is mandatory.

Player List

Due to the scheduled nature of this RP, I will only be taking a maximum of eight participants and then closing SUs. I'll hold places during the SU phase, but not for long!

1. Ech as ???
2. Aquacorde as Mihara
3. HyperMorian as Shin
4. Who's Kiyo? as Rhodes
5. Arachneo as Dmitri
6. PastelPhoenix as Roza
7. I'mMrRoboto as Damian
8. Salzorrah as Aria

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
VSFurisode_Girl_2.png

Silvia

Strengths

Silvia is kind to people and Pokemon alike. She's always calm, collected and has a sunny disposition. None of Silvia's friends or family members can say that they've ever seen her lose her temper. Silvia loves cooking so she always makes treats for both her friends and her Pokemon. Contrary to her calm demeanor, Silvia is a fierce battler and loves winning so she will always give it her all. Her Pokemon focus a lot on hard hitting STAB moves but she will occasionally come out with a "trump card" in teaching her Pokemon a move to cover at least one of their weaknesses.

Weaknesses

Her over-confidence in her Pokemon's abilities often gimps Silvia as she will not hesitate sending her Pokemon out against a type that holds the advantage. She tends to go all out too soon and that often has disastrous results. Silvia is also quite a sore loser but she keeps it to herself and, once the battle is over, she reverts to the usual sweet, friendly demeanor. She does not forget the faces of those who defeated her in battle, however and will actively seek them out to battle them again until she's proven herself. This unusual stubbornness slows down her progress quite a bit.

Pokemon

37-alola.gif
37-alola.gif
120px-037Vulpix-Alola.png

684.gif
684.gif
120px-684Swirlix.png

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Mihira - 37 - Journalist - Trapinch & Solrock

Mihira has come to Diminia to research the current league scene, and what better way to research than to get involved? To be more on par with those she would be competing against, she asked her main partners if they had any friends that wanted an adventure. She was entrusted with a child of her Flygon and a sibling of her Solrock and is ready to take on the Diminia League. She prefers a small team and is very selective in choosing team members, but that may change depending on what she encounters here in Diminia.

Mihira is a thorough person who prioritizes efficiency, but never haste. This approach to things means she appears rather aloof. She dislikes people trying to engage her while working and prefers to finish everything before allowing herself leisure time. The high standards she holds herself and others to means she is often irritated when people are not behaving in an appropriate manner, which drags out her critical side. Mihira almost never backs down from a challenge, though she hardly does any challenging herself. It is rare that her stoicism is obviously defeated, but those that know her well realize that the more she speaks, the further away from her you should be.

Mihira is firm in her stance on most things but is always willing to collect more information and explore both sides of a story. She will never turn down an opportunity to learn or do something new. Her coworkers think her absolutely fearless, which is far from true, but they would never know otherwise.

tumblr_on59pnwc341rqyevyo1_400.png

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
If this works like promised, is this acceptable?

Character Name: Shin
Appearance:
Spr_BW_Ace_Trainer_M.png

Strengths: Specializes extremely in Double Battles but doing only decent in Single Battles. Patient and swift, also a good scout to devise strategies in order to counter certain Pokémon.
Weakness: Sometimes inconsistent for being too doubtful with his decisions and Bug-Type Pokémon. Also an awkward speaker, and terrible at math and other complicated stuff he can't understand.

Pokémon One: Hoothoot
Pokémon Two: Roggenrola

Years
If this works like promised, is this acceptable?

Character Name: Shin
Appearance:
Spr_BW_Ace_Trainer_M.png

Strengths: Specializes extremely in Double Battles but doing only decent in Single Battles. Patient and swift, also a good scout to devise strategies in order to counter certain Pokémon.
Weakness: Sometimes inconsistent for being too doubtful with his decisions and Bug-Type Pokémon. Also an awkward speaker, and terrible at math and other complicated stuff he can't understand.

Pokémon One: Hoothoot
Pokémon Two: Roggenrola

It'll do!

163.png

Hoothoot (Insomnia) - Hypnosis, Peck, Confusion, Mirror Move

524.png

Roggenrola (Weak Armour) - Harden, Rock Blast, Sand Attack, Automize

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
This seems very interesting. I'll definitely try making a character later.

You said that we can't evolve a Pokemon and give them a new move in the same post. What about Pokemon that gain moves when they evolve like Wobbuffet or Charizard?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

-
Parasol Lady Rhodes loves - and would think herself proficient at using - moves that affect the entire battle area. This doesn't come as a surprise, since she outwardly believes that Pokémon perform best when they use their environment as part of their strategy, and will use this genre of move to either benefit herself or impede her foes. Some of her favorite techniques are ones that indirectly allow her team to get the upper hand, or inflict status conditions.

-
She has a tendency to be incredibly theatrical; she's a reporter, after all. This habit causes her to treat battles more like contest appeals, and while it does make for an interesting or flashy show sometimes, her spectacular tactics can be far more bark than bite. She'll often plan movesets that have more "zest" or "edge" to them, willingly sacrificing efficiency.

-
Call her a product of her time, but she's a huge fan of her smartpokedex and how easy it has made her job. Her adoration has seeped into her Pokémon preferences, and while Grass and Bug-Types will always be favorites and easy for her to care for, she enjoys having a few Artificial or Technologically-oriented Pokémon at her disposal. Her team currently consists of:

seedot.gif
-
porygon.gif

-
Blob-Like Amorphous Pokémon have never been her cup of tea. She constantly has to remind herself what their individual movesets are and how they differentiate with other ones, and she doesn't find their natural "design" all that interesting. She also can't get behind Ghost-Types, either: Psychic-Types play "mind games" much better in her opinion. Also, what the hell are Steel-Types? Isn't there already a Rock-Type that covers most mineral-based Pokémon? Dealing with and training these three types come as a challenge to her.

-
In her aim to keep every encounter exciting and fast-paced, she makes the most of her Pokémon's speed statistic, and forces herself to memorize their natural Abilities. Every little advantage helps!

-
She gets far too hasty and excited when in the midst of fighting, and will often make decisions on whims and impulse. This problem is only aggravated in more complex forms of battling, such as Rotation or Triple Battles. It also makes her prone to jumping into battles herself; re-purposing her trademark parasol as a weapon.

Last edited:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Character Name: Dmitri Bolokov, aka Dmitrix the Clown
Appearance:
ClownSprite_zpsu4ljogoj.png

Strengths: Manipulating opportunities to blindside opponents, more experienced in illusions, tricks and quirky attacks.
Weaknesses: Not much battling experience, tomatoes, bright lights, and likes to create a spectacle rather than battle seriously.

Pokémon One: Spoink
Pokémon Two: Zubat

Also, I was wondering if recoloring the sprite was k, kthnx

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Make me regret signing up for this, Senpai

Character Name: Roza Lyndon
Appearance:
VSHex_Maniac.png

Strengths: A non-traditional battler (often using out of the box tactics to her advantage), well studied, kind, and forgiving.
Weaknesses: Flusters easily, often out of her element, inexperienced with battles, and tends to break down when plans go astray.

Pokémon One:
250px-353Shuppet.png

Pokémon Two:
250px-690Skrelp.png

I'll think up some CSS later

Last edited:

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Name: Damien King
39.png

Strengths: Having formally been a Pokémon Ranger, Damien is always well prepared for any situation with plenty of emergency supplies, rope, etc.. He's also determined and kind, or kinda determined. He has quite a formidable knowledge of Pokémon. He'll do anything to ensure that his Pokémon are safe and sound.

Weaknesses: Anything. Damien is quite Naive. He always wants to see the good in people, often leading him to be easily manipulated. Despite having such knowledge of Pokémon, Damien isn't very strong.

Pokémon One: Gible, Boy
443.png

Damien met his Gible on one of his first missions as a ranger, and the Pokémon soon became his partner.

Pokémon Two: Ralts, Girl
280.png

Damien's Ralts was a Pokémon he saved during an assignment. Afterward, the Ralts wouldn't stop following him around. Of course, he already had a partner, so he couldn't take her with him. When he left the Ranger Union and became a trainer, he quickly captured the Ralts.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
/screams
kiyo y u gotta use a reporter character when im also using a reporter character
i hope thats okay if i do as well cause mihira is very different as a person so

Years
This seems very interesting. I'll definitely try making a character later.

You said that we can't evolve a Pokemon and give them a new move in the same post. What about Pokemon that gain moves when they evolve like Wobbuffet or Charizard?

Same deal. All moves are learned the same way.

273.png

Seedot (Clorophyll) - Growth, Grassy Terrain, Nature Power, Bullet Seed

137.png

Porygon (Download) - Conversion 2, Psybeam, Thunder Wave, Signal Beam

325.png

Spoink (Thick Fat) - Psybeam, Power Gem, Magic Coat, Future Sight

041.png

Zubat (Inner Focus) - Supersonic, Wing Attack, Poison Fang, Quick Attack

353.png

Shuppet (Insomnia) - Shadow Sneak, Will-o-Wisp, Feint Attack, Disable

690.png

Skrelp (Poison Point) - Smokescreen, Water Gun, Acid, Acid Armour