Started by Buffel Saft February 3rd, 2016 4:42 AM
  • 858 replies

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
746 posts
6.7 Years
Hi mr buffel, I'm currently 8 hours into your hack and I'm enjoying every minute of it. It's actually my first time playing the XY games and I'm glad I started with your rom hack first! It may not seem much coming from an internet stranger and I certainly have no idea how much effort you put into your work but I really appreciate what you do and I hope you find more success in modding and irl!

I'm playing the Rebalanced ver (love it!) with the wild pokemon encounters deleted. I understand why people love it but the amount of pokemon i may encounter is kind of overwhelming lol and i also want to play the game without changing too much from the base game, if that makes sense. I want to limit the my team and wild pokemon to its original regional dex.

This has probably been asked before but I'm wondering if you can also revert the changes made to the pokemart? similar to deleting the files for wild encounters. Second, is it possible to update the game to v1.5?

Many thanks!
Hey, thanks for the kind words! I always appreciate any kind of feedback on my hacks.

You can revert the mart changes, but they're in the code.ips file which also contains the TM changes, so just deleting it will break all the TMs that were replaced (they'll teach the old moves, but will have the compatibility data of the new TMs, if that makes sense). Updating the game to 1.5 is possible, but will also break the TMs; the "code" file in the update doesn't work with the "code" file in the hack, so it has to be deleted for the update to work. You'll also need to delete the DllField.cro file, which contains things like gift Pokemon and special encounters (e.g. fossils, the legendary birds and starters). A few people have tried getting the update to work with the hack, but no one has managed to get it 100% working.

Rrenzo.g

Rrenzo.gg

Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2 posts
5 Days
Hi mr buffel, thank you for responding!

That sounds a lot of work. I only wanted the 1.5 update so I could remove the black outlines with an ar code and revert the mart changes so I can still think that I'm playing the base game xd. It's a weird preference of mine. lol

Your work is still great! I'm actually starting over so I can limit my team around pokemons that can be found in the base game. Looking forward to finishing it!

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
746 posts
6.7 Years
Hi mr buffel, thank you for responding!

That sounds a lot of work. I only wanted the 1.5 update so I could remove the black outlines with an ar code and revert the mart changes so I can still think that I'm playing the base game xd. It's a weird preference of mine. lol

Your work is still great! I'm actually starting over so I can limit my team around pokemons that can be found in the base game. Looking forward to finishing it!
No worries! There are no outlines codes/patches for un-updated versions of ORAS and USUM, might be possible to find one for XY too. Hope you enjoy the rest of the hack!
Male
Viet Nam
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
12 posts
5.9 Years
Since Citra has just officially released on Play Store and the author has not yet giving an instruction to install the hacks on Android so I thought I would give a little explanation on how to install assuming that you don't have a pc (You still need a clean copy of Pokemon X and/or Y):
1. Open the app at least one and accept any permissions required
2. There should be a folder named "citra-emu" on your internal storage
3. Inside the folder above, create a folder named "load"; then inside the "load" folder, create a folder named "mods"
4. Download the hack at the first post (EX or WY), and extract it somewhere
5. Inside extracted folder, open Game Files/[Your desired version of the hack]/luma/titles, copy the folder inside it to the mods folder in step 3
6. Final result should be:
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055E00/... (if Wilting Y)
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055D00/... (if Eternal X)
7. Open the clean rom you downloaded, choose English and check if the title screen show the right name of the hacks

To install optional Viola Nerf, simply copy the "a" folder from "Viola Nerf" to "romfs" folder inside the folder at step 6 (replace if prompt)
Nothing

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
746 posts
6.7 Years
Since Citra has just officially released on Play Store and the author has not yet giving an instruction to install the hacks on Android so I thought I would give a little explanation on how to install assuming that you don't have a pc (You still need a clean copy of Pokemon X and/or Y):
1. Open the app at least one and accept any permissions required
2. There should be a folder named "citra-emu" on your internal storage
3. Inside the folder above, create a folder named "load"; then inside the "load" folder, create a folder named "mods"
4. Download the hack at the first post (EX or WY), and extract it somewhere
5. Inside extracted folder, open Game Files/[Your desired version of the hack]/luma/titles, copy the folder inside it to the mods folder in step 3
6. Final result should be:
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055E00/... (if Wilting Y)
Internal storage/citra-emu/load/mods/0004000000055D00/... (if Eternal X)
7. Open the clean rom you downloaded, choose English and check if the title screen show the right name of the hacks

To install optional Viola Nerf, simply copy the "a" folder from "Viola Nerf" to "romfs" folder inside the folder at step 6 (replace if prompt)
Hey thanks for sharing that! I'll whip up another install guide for Android users based on the steps you've listed here.
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
50 posts
12 Years
Hi Buffel, I wanted to suggest something that annoyed me in my first playthrough:

What do you think about removing legendaries from the Pokemon Village and put them through the game? With the 1% and two levels above trick, I think it's a method a bit more clean than the one it's in the game. And I think there are enough maps to put them. Or at least a lot of them, even in the initial routs.

Buffel Saft

Male
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
746 posts
6.7 Years
Next gr8 hack (I started Photonic Sun yesterday) :>>>

I'm using 2.65 Rebalanced+Insanity and... I have one problem...In "Pokemon Changes.pdf" i see Loppuny Abilities: Scrappy but:1. is Cute Charm 2. is Klutz HA is is Limber...
Did i do something wrong?

edit: Nvm, i fixed it with ability capsule =)
Was it showing up that way in pkhex? Shouldn't be an issue in game, but pkhex can't read base stats from your save file, so it won't recognize the hack's changes.
Hi Buffel, I wanted to suggest something that annoyed me in my first playthrough:

What do you think about removing legendaries from the Pokemon Village and put them through the game? With the 1% and two levels above trick, I think it's a method a bit more clean than the one it's in the game. And I think there are enough maps to put them. Or at least a lot of them, even in the initial routs.
Hi James! Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I could at least spread them out a bit, and it's not like putting Regirock in the badlands or Articuno in Azure bay would break the game. Will add that to the list of things to do for version 3.0.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
3 posts
2 Days
Was it showing up that way in pkhex? Shouldn't be an issue in game, but pkhex can't read base stats from your save file, so it won't recognize the hack's changes.
Yes - eggs/pokemons added/edited in PkHex are like in stock game but ability capsule/evolution fix wrong ability. Lvl up/evolution fix wrong stats. All clear.