• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Pre-Release Pictures For BETA 2

15s8spi.jpg
346wdie.png

2u5x4xi.png
2zzq3qa.png

2q0pq95.png
1z72d84.png

2vuausk.png
mv25vn.png

mjse9x.png
2hrz5lw.png

20tm3c5.png
13ylzr4.png

2e0r19f.png
1pi4q8.png

14u7twx.png
m922c8.png

keu4jt.png
2z5vt4g.png

2wnvlap.png
v8hdvc.png

nmloix.png
minvdf.png

f3vps6.png
15qz2pw.png

1zvfkvl.png
uo9ed.png

2u8cf11.png
fut1xy.png

33mwx21.png
25tgc5v.png

11bn7uv.png
15h0pz8.png

Note: ALL of these events in the screenshots WILL be in the final version of the hack.
The screenshots are Not back to back events. There's A LOT of stuff in between each screenshot.
The screenshots show events through-out around 60% of the remaning play through of the hack. There's still A LOT more after these events in the screenshots.

Years
The screenies are as awesome as ever...
Adding to your previous comment I believe no one likes Cilan and tracey too. That was my compliment..
I believe thats good of you to make the game hard. Oh yeah not letting people complete it with ease when it takes a life out of you...:cool:

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
Hi, Im new to this community. I enjoy playing pokemon games obviously. I was searching google for a good hacked pokemon game with alot of pokemon and a strong story and hard difficulty.

Your game looks great in the pictures I havent tested it or found a download link for it yet.But, what I have read and seen, your doing a great job and it sparked my interest.

I just had a few questions, I read alot of the postings here, but I did however skip through pages. So im sorry if my questions have already been asked or confirmed.

1)How is the difficulty of this game?-Im wanting a game thats difficult, something where your skills have to be perfect, like in all nintendo versions you can basically kill everything with one pokemon if you have three different move types, to easy.

2)Pokemon? How many are included?I'm a big fan of 1st gen that's what I grew up with, Ive been playing pokemon black2 and I try to only catch 1st gen pokemon lol.

3)How is lvling? What I seen in pictures was a little scary, some super high lvls, which is great cause every pokemon game I played I never needed to lvl past 40-50 to finish every aspect in the game. My only concern is i'm not going to encounter a super high lvl pokemon randomly when im to low to fight it? (for instance im lvl 20 and a random lvl 90 shows up)

4)Time based events? I know alot of roms I have gotten online do not offer time based events. Just wondering if there is going to be weather and night and day also.

5)Special events included? Safari Zone,pokemon breeder,Battle subway.

6.)How long is the game? I believe pokemon Crystal is the longest if I remember correctly, whichever one had the two regions and 16 badges.Was a super fun game, just easy. I seen you also have atleast 16 badges, how many regions?

I always wanted to have my own Pokemon gym in these games for some reason, I think something where you implement it, maybe make a part where you can become a gym leader, and have the option of defending your gym, maybe something after you learn the fly Technic or available when you want to.Offer some kind of prize for a successful defense.Be even more fun on a wifi type game and other real-players can be involved.Just a idea for a future game or whatever lol.

I always love when people make there own games, they always have such better stories and ideas then the version they hacked. From what I read your doing a great job. I look forward to playing this as soon as I can download it.

sorry for all the questions but I would be here all day reading all the posts. thanks.

Years
The Back Sprites

Instead of going through with the crap of the BW messed up sprites why not take the backsprites from ChaosXRush or sth(u can find it in Unova HG/SS thread) as he is in the credits section. Even though not all of them r done why not just take the existing sprites from there?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hi, Im new to this community. I enjoy playing pokemon games obviously. I was searching google for a good hacked pokemon game with alot of pokemon and a strong story and hard difficulty.

Your game looks great in the pictures I havent tested it or found a download link for it yet.But, what I have read and seen, your doing a great job and it sparked my interest.

I just had a few questions, I read alot of the postings here, but I did however skip through pages. So im sorry if my questions have already been asked or confirmed.

1)How is the difficulty of this game?-Im wanting a game thats difficult, something where your skills have to be perfect, like in all nintendo versions you can basically kill everything with one pokemon if you have three different move types, to easy.

2)Pokemon? How many are included?I'm a big fan of 1st gen that's what I grew up with, Ive been playing pokemon black2 and I try to only catch 1st gen pokemon lol.

3)How is lvling? What I seen in pictures was a little scary, some super high lvls, which is great cause every pokemon game I played I never needed to lvl past 40-50 to finish every aspect in the game. My only concern is i'm not going to encounter a super high lvl pokemon randomly when im to low to fight it? (for instance im lvl 20 and a random lvl 90 shows up)

4)Time based events? I know alot of roms I have gotten online do not offer time based events. Just wondering if there is going to be weather and night and day also.

5)Special events included? Safari Zone,pokemon breeder,Battle subway.

6.)How long is the game? I believe pokemon Crystal is the longest if I remember correctly, whichever one had the two regions and 16 badges.Was a super fun game, just easy. I seen you also have atleast 16 badges, how many regions?

I always wanted to have my own Pokemon gym in these games for some reason, I think something where you implement it, maybe make a part where you can become a gym leader, and have the option of defending your gym, maybe something after you learn the fly Technic or available when you want to.Offer some kind of prize for a successful defense.Be even more fun on a wifi type game and other real-players can be involved.Just a idea for a future game or whatever lol.

I always love when people make there own games, they always have such better stories and ideas then the version they hacked. From what I read your doing a great job. I look forward to playing this as soon as I can download it.

sorry for all the questions but I would be here all day reading all the posts. thanks.

Hi, welcome to the community ^.^. First off, before I answer your questions, let me tell that the ips for the hack is on the first post of the thread. Download the ips then patch it to a clean Pokemon Fire Red Rom.

1. The hack is very difficult. It's at a normal pace up til the 2nd gym leader. After that point, the hack becomes very difficult because you begin to fight stronger bosses and veterans in the Pokemon world such as BROCK and the leader of the bad group in the hack. But yes, skill is require to defeat a lot of trainers especially the bosses in the hack. The AI for specific trainers is at the highest possible.

2.Through-out the hack, you'll encounter about 400 Pokemon and 2 fakemon. 386 of these Pokemon are available for you to capture and there are some from all 5 regions(Kanto-Unova/1st-5th gen). It's balanced well and you'll still be able to catch some favorites from the 1st generation.

3. The leveling isn't as scary as it seems. The hack is very difficult, it requires you to level up after you've reached a new location before moving on to the next. But if you level up your Pokemon, you'll be fine. As I said n a post previously, this hack isn't mean to be breezed through like the gba/ds titles. It's meant to be taken serious(With a few humorous comments from the character Dray, the rival, and the player on occasions). Basic trainers on routes/caves/etc have lower or equal level Pokemon to your own, but the bosses have very powerful Pokemon and usually higher then yours. Only the bosses are meant to feel unstoppable but if you're a skilled player, you can find a way to defeat them even with your Pokemon at lower levels.

4. No, there aren't any time events and there's no day/night system in the hack. Every weather is in it though lol.

5. The Training Grounds is this hack's Safari Zone. However, it's 10x better. Not only do you get to catch every Pokemon in the Training Grounds, but like the name, it's the perfect spot in the hack to train. It has 4 floors, each floor has Pokemon with different levels to balance out your training. If you have Pokemon around the 50-55 range and want to level them up, the first floor is perect. If you have Pokemon in the higher 80s, the last floor is the best as it has Pokemon around the 75-80s range that give a ton of experience.

6.The hack is Very Long. Between each major city, there's plenty of routes, caves, and events that occur. There's also smaller towns between some cities as well to rest up, do the town's events or battles, and sometime the smaller towns have important events as well. The choice to have 16 badges in 1 hack has been abandoned. Instead, there will be 2 seperate hacks. Dark Rising 1 and Dark Rising 2. Dark Rising 2 will have better graphics, the physical/special split, day/night system, and more in a newer region with the same characters. This Hack is Part 1, it has 8 badges and overall, a Very long hack because there's so much to do between each city with a gym. In fact, the story doesn't focus on getting the badges and defeating the champion at all.

I hope I answered all of your questions and you enjoy the hack. Remember, the download ips is in the first post of this thread. Also, be sure to Download the list of Pokemon that are catchable in specific areas of Beta 1. It'll help you because there's A Lot of Pokemon in the hack. Have Fun!

Years
Hmm, good to see that sb likes my idea but any intentions of messing with pokes movesets. Like changing Samurott to fighting type as it is a ninja otter and giving pokes like Excradill Stone Edge and all, and also please tell me, since there r 16 gyms and in the 4th gym u fight lv 60 pokes how do u plan on maintaining the level curve? Anyways can't wait and please make sure we get that rematch phone or sth(forgot that name) so that grinding isn't a pain in the ass and please make sure somehow, some way we get life orb or lucky eggs and all. Can't wait bro and random question, is Technician available in Gen 3 games or sth cus Brelom definitely needs it. And also, please make sure we get bullet seed early as absorb is practically useless.

Before I end my streams of comments I suggest u look through the documents of Drayano60's pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White v 3.1 as for the improvements the hack is freaking awesome and if u put it in the game, it would be even more awesome. Anyways, good luck and u have my full support. I always like a good challenge, cus after all, I am a wifi player :)

Again, sorry for spamming the comment section and all, but I looked through the screenshots and noticed that Victini dosen't know Fusion Flare or even it's signature move V-create what do u plan on doing about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hey there, i've seen the latest updates, and i think this is very good, so i will consider in trying to complete beta 1 if i can, but the latest version of the beta does have the respective cries of pokemon like gible inserted or we have to wait untill beta 2?, i so, may i have permission to insert some cries if i'm able to?, somehow i like more the original cries of 4th/5th gen pokemon with random cries from 1st to 3rd gen you see...
P.S: forgot to ask, does this latest version of beta 1 require me to start over?, and for a fire type pokemon, do you suggest me to catch charmander, victini or a speed bost torchic?
P.S2:by any chance, how would i evolve eevee into espeon?, i saw that ash493 had both espeon and umbreon....

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey there, i've seen the latest updates, and i think this is very good, so i will consider in trying to complete beta 1 if i can, but the latest version of the beta does have the respective cries of pokemon like gible inserted or we have to wait untill beta 2?, i so, may i have permission to insert some cries if i'm able to?, somehow i like more the original cries of 4th/5th gen pokemon with random cries from 1st to 3rd gen you see...
P.S: forgot to ask, does this latest version of beta 1 require me to start over?, and for a fire type pokemon, do you suggest me to catch charmander, victini or a speed bost torchic?
P.S2:by any chance, how would i evolve eevee into espeon?, i saw that ash493 had both espeon and umbreon....

Tajaros is already set to insert the correct cries, They will all be in the next release. Also, I suggest starting over. As for the fire Pokemon, I'd go with Victini.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@To anyone who asked:
Technician or any other 4th/5th gen ability are impossible to implement into 3rd ROM unless someone would find the data of those abilities and brutally written them into the 3rd gen game.
As for my little furry Eeveelutions, they can be evolved by default meanings =D

Years
I was thinking about the same issue in my mind for several days and then when i saw the posts today I learnt that someone asked about it. how did you managed to curve the trainer levels and Gym leaders along with the story line. You know Lv 60 teams around 4th gym only

Years
@To anyone who asked:
Technician or any other 4th/5th gen ability are impossible to implement into 3rd ROM unless someone would find the data of those abilities and brutally written them into the 3rd gen game.
As for my little furry Eeveelutions, they can be evolved by default meanings =D
That was me, thnks, I guess Breloom is not that useful anymore, taking into considertaion that with technician ability and a life orb, mach punch would turn into a stab+technician+life orb definitely resulting into the death of dangerous dark types like Hydregion. But still honestly speaking about Garchomp, if it can't learn Dragon Rush in the game, I suggest it is replaced with Outrage though. I hope @Darkrising girl realises that. So, can someone please tell me what fighting type to stick with? I would really appreciate it.

Years
About Misty

As for the OW sprite of Misty, I noticed that her ow sprite dosen't match her battle sprite as she has her same look from Fire Red. Why not just use the Ow sprite that some guys made for Pokemon Golden Sun, which is co-incidentally a hack of Fire Red. As for the Silver look-alike guy(forgot his name) why not use the hair from liquid crystal?

Years
I don't know if this is possible or not but why not just replace some mails with other useful items(if possible) and is is possible to find move relearners house. If so, please tell me where. Finished beta 1 already and gotta say this game is as tough as ****. But still, I always like a tough challenge. Can't wait man, good luck and for your next beta, your gonna provide documents for locations and move relearner's house, right?

Years
Again, sorry for spamming the section and all but I found an Ow sprite for Misty's hair which she has in your game here it is http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/blaziken77/Overworlds/mistygsco.png. I do not own any of this whatsoever. All credits go to Bashaamo. And as for that lab with mewtwo statues, please give some videos on how to get out of there cus in the end I was forced to use walkthrough walls :/

Back