• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerketur

PokéScripter
Years
After reading over the new replies, I've gotta say this is AWESOME! =D I'm going to play the pre-alpha soon... though part of me doesn't want to because of Momo. D= I'll get over that fear, however, because I've just gotta try the game out =D I'm reminded of you almost every day, PPG. So I've decided... I'm playing this tomorrow =D (Or later today, to be exact =P)

pancakeonmyhead

Kpop Enthusiast
Years
FINALLY GOT IT TO PATCH, I'M PLAYING IT NOW!
Will report back, most likely with praise!

00051cf6

I AM A BLUE LOL WUT.
Yeah, I forgot about the Image two bug.
I'll be restarting then..

It'd be more helpful if there were more up tiles.
Also, I'VE BEEN STUCK IN TANGLE THICKET FOR THE PAST HOUR.
I'M NOT SURE WHAT I'M EVEN MEANT TO BE DOING ANYMORE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Apologies for the delayed response (sinusitus is not fun!), but I really appreciate all the feedback received so far :) By knowing what's wrong, I can then make it right! ^^

To those having trouble with patching: There are several different versions of Pokemon Ruby (AXVE) out there in the ROM world, and I believe the specific variation you need for the game to patch properly is the oldest release (can't remember its specific number, but I'll research that when I'm not typing from an iPhone). If the ROM you have doesn't work, try another :)

To those having trouble with low health/running out of PP: There are healing berries, including Leppa Berries, scattered around the dungeons, but I can always add more ( that way, bad luck with traps is not the end of the world, as Long as you're dilligent in searching dungeons thoroughly (always talk to dead ends! Rocks and bushes like to hide stuff, too :) ). This is why I am not a good judge of the game's difficulty - I know where everything is. I can find all the items, hit the Uplift traps, and avoid the bad ones (mostly). ^^'

To those bothered by blood: It's supposed to be shocking because we don't expect it of Pokemon. The player is jolted out of a comfort zone, and the message comes across loud and clear: nothing - and indeed, no one - is sacred. NPCS, villains, and allies alike could all potentially feel the touch of death. This world is full of brutality, past and present - but also hope.

While I would be lying if I were to say there will be no more deaths in the game where blood is shed, it will only be used when important to the mood I hope to evoke in the player and the characters themselves. Ludicrous gibs it won't be.

To those with puzzle trouble: It's my policy not to give out answers (and I ask that others respect this within this thread itself - if you want to reveal answers, do it elsewhere XD ). However, a good hint is to always investigate things, even if they just seem like part of the dungeon's landscape. For example, "talk to" the pond in Tangle Thicket, and see if you can work out the rest of the puzzle :)

As of right now, the true alpha will contain:
More items, especially Leppa Berries
Proper respawning when you die ( the issue is there aren't enough flight positions in the game for every place you can die. I found a workaround, though, that well soon see :) )
Bug fixing (no more getting stuck in Golden Trail's puzzle room and stepping on mushrooms!)
More dungeons and more plot

Thanks so much to everyone! The feedback of both the positive and negative variety are what keep me going ^^

pancakeonmyhead

Kpop Enthusiast
Years
To those with puzzle trouble: It's my policy not to give out answers (and I ask that others respect this within this thread itself - if you want to reveal answers, do it elsewhere XD ). However, a good hint is to always investigate things, even if they just seem like part of the dungeon's landscape. For example, "talk to" the pond in Tangle Thicket, and see if you can work out the rest of the puzzle :)

THANKYOU! I tend to miss the obvious.
But yes, more heal items would be very useful.
I'm currently walking around, paralysed, with 4hp, and no pp for Super Rising Thunder. At lvl15. Goddamn tilles.
I'M ABOUT TO TAKE ON THESE SPEAROW. O NOES.

The music is great by the way.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This is great! but might i recommend for the future that you have an IPS patch, most people are more familiar with it. keep up the AMAZING work!

ChibiVamp

>>RETRO GAMER<<
Years
I wasnt asking for a patched ROM.... What kind of berry-brain do you take me for.... I found the ROM and am now happily stuck with the first puzzle....

Edit: All done! :) Very good. The traps are frustrating though and so is the rarity of healing items. Other than that, I'd say this is gonna shape up to be one solid hack. Well done.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
this is an amazing game so far, i cant wait until the full game is released.

one thing- i found a bit of a...glitch. when i fainted in Tangle Thicket, instead of sending me to the beginning or something, i was send to this glitch place. it was just a random bunch of tiles every where and there wasn't a way out. if you could fix that it be a bit better, and perhaps, like some other people said, there could be access to more healing items.

over all, best hack ive played so far, cant wait! ^^

Years

one thing- i found a bit of a...glitch. when i fainted in Tangle Thicket, instead of sending me to the beginning or something, i was send to this glitch place. it was just a random bunch of tiles every where and there wasn't a way out. if you could fix that it be a bit better, and perhaps, like some other people said, there could be access to more healing items.

or at least put a sign in that area that reads "Missingno. was here, you're a loser"

Years

so i was investigating that glitch when

AhVCd

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I just want to repeat that I am well aware of what happens if you die outside of the first mini-dungeon (and indeed mentioned it in the post where I uploaded the patch). The reason for this glitch is that there are simply not enough flight positions in the game to serve my purposes, so I have to either figure out how to repoint the flight table and add in more positions, or come up with something else to have happen when you die (the solution at the moment? You spawn back in the room with Raikou, you talk to him, a script sends you back to where you were when you perished). Either way, this error will NOT exist in the actual alpha (as opposed to this pre-alpha), so don't worry - the Hero will be able to die with impunity soon enough. XD

MUDKIPS4LIFE

Hack Player.
Years
Great hack! I'm loving it, the storyline is very interesting, so far the gameplay is amazing, I'm in tangled thicket, I got the water, tried pouring in the hole but nothing it says "It just seeped into the ground" I don't want the answer to the puzzle but am I missing something?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out when I found out you could click on the sand

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2013
Pokemon Rising Thunder

I like this hack game...
but, would you try the sprite of HGSS sprites?
Hope you can continue to make this game...
^^

Years
so me and a few friends tried it and there are only a couple improvements I can suggest

That trap square, is it possible for it to drain some PP not all of it?
Also can you make a sign or a hint that you have to interact with a part of the ground in the second dungeon? I tried filling that hole with water over ten times before I realized another key component was missing. Maybe add a bit more to the text of what you say when it seeps uselessly to the ground

Otherwise you're breaking the mold with this rom hack, I pray you keep going!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
This storyline is absolutely awesome… And I thought my hack plots were decent ^.^'; Seriously though, excellent work Parka!

I'd like to just ask, do you know the characterizations of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma development stages? Technically this would be a quite developed alpha already – What you referred to as an alpha would technically be a beta — Correct me if I'm wrong though ;D You can look up what dignifies alpha, beta, gamma, and full releases at this article ;].

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This storyline is absolutely awesome… And I thought my hack plots were decent ^.^'; Seriously though, excellent work Parka!

I'd like to just ask, do you know the characterizations of Alpha, Beta, and Gamma development stages? Technically this would be a quite developed alpha already – What you referred to as an alpha would technically be a beta — Correct me if I'm wrong though ;D You can look up what dignifies alpha, beta, gamma, and full releases at this article ;].
We, hackers, classify hack phases only into 3 stages: Alpha (in other meanings demo ;)), Beta (the part with decent storyline at least 1 badge (in this case I guess... some really important event), which has more phases (1,2,...) and the final version ;)
We do not use Gamma stage ;)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Re: [HotM Apr 2011] Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

We, hackers, classify hack phases only into 3 stages: Alpha (in other meanings demo ;)), Beta (the part with decent storyline at least 1 badge (in this case I guess... some really important event), which has more phases (1,2,...) and the final version ;)
We do not use Gamma stage ;)

As sound as those rule are, it's not official standard in the hacking community, and people aren't required to follow it ;). Koolboyman's Rijon Adventures recently had a Christmas and a 2009 beta, both of which aren't 1, 2, 3 standards. Hinkage's Pokémon 2Awesome Version is an actual gamma release, and my progressing hack follows an old version numbering standard (x.xx) with alpha, beta, and gamma stages defined from the article I mentioned.

The point is, there are many ways to define the progress in a hack other than how you mentioned :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back