• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Evil team change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Suggesting the Professor is part of some team himself? (Otherwise your post is driving the thread offtopic.)
I think I am. This professor doesn't lookalike he's all good to be honest about it. I think he might have a chance of being in some sort of evil team or something bad.

I have a feeling that the plasma will be back somehow later in the game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
The professor is totally in on it. Maybe not as a direct part, but more of a support. The outfits remind me of police uniforms. Maybe the pic is actually a police enforcement? ...ginger law enforcement... No idea, but hopefully it's nothing with the same perfect world idea as Team Plasma, that was just stupid.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
sE5WA.png

Team Wehrmacht appears?

But seriously, they could be some kind of totalitarian force, trying to control citizens and their Pokemon to "protect their safety". That would fit to Neo-Plasma theme, because original Plasma were trying to manipulate citizens' minds to make them release Pokemon.

blue

gucci
Years
At first they look like security guards but at a second glance they look like they could potentially be the new villainous team, after all that's the area where you fought Team Plasma.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2016
I believe there will be a New team Plasma... Like the revival of team rocket from Kanto to Johto.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
I think the Professor dude is the mind/brains behind Genesect, and possibly the new leader of Team Plasma if Ghetsis was to be deposed in the two years between the games. But I think Ghetsis will still be in power.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
That could very well be, since I doubt they really want to come out and say "We are Team Plasma" so for now they masquerade as a "justice" for and maybe confiscate peoples pokemon if they think they are guilty of a crime. Which is there excuse for stealing pokemon. I definitely don't trust the professor and I believe he has a role to play within the group. Team Plasma may return out right at some point if this group bares no relation to them. Then I can see Ghetsis right back in control.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Wait hang on, why a justice force? was this official and did I just miss it?
imo either they have a deep storyline kinda like B/W OR they have nothing and just are secretive and work for one boss. Going in the middle would be boring :(

Years
As vaporeon7 noted above, the new grunts seem to have the same colour hair as the grunts of Team Plasma. That of course doesn't set ANYTHING in stone, but to be honest I've a strong feeling the new team at least derives from Team Plasma in one way or another. And seeing as these games are sequels taking place in the same region, I'm expecting them to have a fair few connections to Black and White, and I think this will likely be one of them.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Wasn't Team Plasma just a complete sham though? I mean, Ghetsis lied to them and N, for his own personal gain. I suppose Ghetsis didn't really reveal his plans to anyone but whoever was in that room, and the only other Team Plasma member was N. But idk, if Ghetsis doesn't have anything to do with this team I don't think they will have anything to do with Plasma, mainly due to the fact that Plasma was a complete sham, and they'd just be going in the Team Rocket rebuilding route. These guys don't really seem like they fit in the with Kyurem storyline though.

I'd quite like for them to just be some sort of side story, and then to see the real villains pop out, which doesn't necessarily have to be a team. Do you think that Professor might have any relation to N, or Ghetsis? Maybe not, just due to him not having Green hair. Though that book he was holding in that intro video kind of reminded me of N and that Team Plasma heritage idk.

Expanding a little on that last point. I think think Team Plasma was just one small thing in something big. I mean, we had Ghetsis, N, Concordia and Anthea and the Sages, which all quite looked as if they had their own society, and history, I mean, they had their own little ceremony for the crowning of N. I think the professor could come from that background, he certainly looks like he'd fit in.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^I didn't think of it not being an actual team. Maybe you're right and it is just a little group that Akuroma (if he is involved) gathered together to get what he needs.

Something tells me we haven't seen the end for Team Plasma, though this new group may just be using the research and information that Plasma gathered in order to further their plans. Maybe they're the reason that Zekrom/Reshiram fused with Kyurem. Maybe by using Akuroma as a public distraction, they are able to work in the shadows figuring out how to do so using Akuroma's research. Maybe they eventually convince the rival to join them, or use him to aid them indirectly.

I'm just hoping whatever it is, it isn't just another Team Plasma trying to free all the Pokemon in the world.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think we've seen the end of the freeing the Pokemon arc, this new team if there is one will proably try something else that is more belivable than what the previous teams have done, continuing Ghetsis' tradition of learning from previous team's mistakes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't expect the leader to be the same even if it Team Plasma again, and if it is I expect a new goal. Something else that's controversial in the game though, maybe about 'betting on who wins' or another point that people endlessly question irl?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think we've seen the end of the freeing the Pokemon arc, this new team if there is one will proably try something else that is more belivable than what the previous teams have done, continuing Ghetsis' tradition of learning from previous team's mistakes.

So maybe they're trying to stop battling all together rather than "free" Pokemon, use them less for slaves or something?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Somewhat. :x They kinda have this bad guy look imo that... well, reminds me of Plasma and as a result I feel like they don't really have a good purpose in the games.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
No, I get a feeling that they just might be cops or some sort of security. Of course, they could be that as a disguise for their evil plan! I'm convinced this group of villains will be much sneakier than Plasma. plasma straight up stole from people, I'm hoping this one is much more subtle and sneakier than that.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
These guys strike me as paramilitary. Which means they aren't "official" police like Looker but they go around acting like it, as a front for whatever scheme this group has going for them. And I really don't see this instances as a couple people just blocking the bridge, if they wanted to do that they could simplely erect a barrier or stick one person in there i.e. Saffron, Route 222 to Sunyshore, and I am sure there is more.

They may not be a team per say, but I can see them being a rather pushy bunch, maybe illustrated through that trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back