• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I decided last night that I would start making my challenge updates more...pretty. xP I'm currently working on a decent-looking CSS to use for it.
I'm also kind of rushing it because I really want to get started on Gold

Enigma

Years
Has anyone ever thought about doing a challenge where they acquire 2 pseudo legendaries in the beginning and only use those two for battling?

That would be real hard due to most not evolving till past 30 then again past 45.
It'd basically be a limited Duospecies challenge. :S

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It still wouldn't be that hard. Considering they're some of the strongest Pokemon in the game, and if the rules state you'd have to get them before say the second gym, then you'd have to hack them into your game and use them. It's pretty much a Duo Pokemon challenge with just better Pokemon.

Enigma

Years
Argh, can't make another post in the St. Patrick's Challenge thread until someone else does. D: I'm dying to make a post, for some reason.
and I really want to finish Emerald so I can see if HeartGold might actually save for me

Enigma

Years
I just bought White, so I'll probably be occupied for a while instead of doing challenges.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
What about a 2 type, 3 poke challenge?

Dewgong (Ice, Water)
Slowbro (Water, Psychic)
Jynx (Psychic, Ice)

If anything it's fun to come up with combos.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I think the dual-type challenge is like that already, or something like that. I don't really like that idea either.

And guys, do you know how hard it is to beat Flannery with just a Shroomish? I mean I took maybe ten times at the least to try and beat her, but I was just being defeated by all those sunny day boosted Overheats, which were annoying. I mean I knew as soon as I could survive one I would be fine, but it never happened. D:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've already beaten her with Shroomish, but it was just tough. I was lucky enough that there was no Sunny Day up, and her first attack with Torkoal was Attract, and I got a lucky Leech Seed in, as well as poisoning. I was just stalling her in the end.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
I've got a pretty good idea for a challenge. Not sure if I can make it though. I'm already doing a Monotype, Special pairs, and I plan on starting the St. Patricks day one too.

Anyway, only using pokemon that existed in Gen I. For obvious reasons this cannot be done in Gen I and V. For RSE you can hack in something obtainable IN THAT GAME that is normally available before the third badge.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I don't know what to think about the challenge. Maybe restrict it more to that the user can only use Pokemon in that generation which are in the game's Pokedex, so playing RSE you wouldn't be able to use Pokemon such as Nidoran or Venonat since they're non-obtainable in that generation.

My idea for a new, and gimmick challenge. I would call it The (Insert user Sydian)'s Favourite's challenge/ Really similar to the favourite's challenge, but you must use someone else's favourites instead of your own.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My idea for a new, and gimmick challenge. I would call it The (Insert user Sydian)'s Favourite's challenge/ Really similar to the favourite's challenge, but you must use someone else's favourites instead of your own.

What the hell, are you predicting the event I had planned for August? :( ...Cough cough cough. /me goes back to playing Black

Enigma

Years
I guess I'm gonna have to take some time either today or tomorrow to update all of my challenge threads. I haven't had much time recently, but I'm going to make time.
I'm also excited that I'm so close to being able to start other challenges, since I'm almost done with my personal rule of finishing all of my current challenges before entering others.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years

What the hell, are you predicting the event I had planned for August? :( ...Cough cough cough. /me goes back to playing Black
Honestly I thought you would have been thinking up something for an Easter Challenge. Maybe something where you have to go through a run using an Exeggcute and a Chansey or something on your team.

I'm like, overflowing with challenge ideas. :D I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but something like a Egg Group Challenge, where you can only use Pokemon in a specific egg group. So a Humanshape challenge would require you to only use Pokemon like Machop and Kadabra etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back