• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Years
Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Based on the original, by Ty

Restarted by pikabowser

In this Challenge, you must complete a personality test, and either I or another challenger will designate the perfect team, trainer title, and mission for you to pass the personality examination. There is no formula, Everyone will be selecting pokemon that most exemplify who you are as a trainer. If you complete this challenge you will be placed in the hall of fame.

How to pass the trainer personality examination:

1) Fill out this user information form. (NO SPOILER)

A) USERNAME:
B) WHICH GAME: (As of January 12th 2017, Hacks of the Original games are not permitted, if you replied before that then your fine
C) GENDER:

2) Fill out This A-Z personality test, (You can place 3 N/A) if you wish) (just provide letter and answer in post in a SPOILER)
Spoiler:

3) In no more than 3 days, Either I or Another person will give you your pokemon team in the thread and post your with your test results which will include:

I) Unique Trainer Title (leader-in-trading, pyromaniac, chef, Gardener, singer, etc)

II) Pokemon Team (THREE Pokemon)

III) A Unique Trainer bound Mission (Could be contest related, legendary related, breeding related, or whatever seems most pertinent to your title)

4) Keep your team and progress updated in the thread. (Try for at least one post per gym or mission)

5) You may not use codes to import pokemon, unless that pokemon is unobtainable in the version of the game, OR if the pokemon is unobtainable within the first badge, you may trade/import a level 5 pokemon into the game at the beginning. (Everyone should try to select a team around the game you have chosen to play.)

6) Get all of the badges and beat the Elite Four of the game (Or the end point of your game) and completed your special mission, you will have passed the trainer personality examination, and be placed in the hall of fame, and will be rewarded if you wish, with a
unique plaque

6.5) Gen VI and Gen VII can choose to not use Pokemon Amie or Refresh,but this is optional.

6.9) If HM slaves are needed this is fine as long as they do not fight.

7)Have fun, if you have any questions VM/PM me.

Challengers
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:

Wanna Help?? Waiting forever for your team assignment???​

You have a chance to take some initiative. Ask someone who has been assigned a team,Maybe they can provide a team if they will assign you a team in exchange, you can provide them with an assignment.

If you would like to assign Pokemon teams, trainer classes, and special missions for users please use this example in your format. Pay attention to which game they have selected, one Pokemon you choose out of three must be obtainable before the 2nd gym. Also, include at least 3 answers from their personality test to justify the selection, Kudos for creativity.

Be creative and make thoughtful decisions. Here is an example with the format for example (OR/AS): (It doesn't always have to be challenge and can be fun.)

Trainer Class:

Wanderer: The open air is your home, you take life as it comes and go with the flow of the world Nothing is out of your reach as long as you put one foot in front of the other.

pelipper.gif
- Flying, Free spirited ,Blue

aggron.gif
- Steel, Geology, Earth toned Colour

cacturne.gif
- Evil, Desert, Any Salads

Special Mission:

Trainer: Wanderers get make sure to stock up on supplies every chance they get into a new town. (with the exception of TMs, is that you don't use can't spend more than 5000 Poke-Dollars per Town with a mart)

Pelipper - Never can sit still for long and wants to try Everything , Pelipper must have 4 unique typed moves. (Ex: Flying Water, Steel, Ice)

Aggron - Works off the land itself, It can only hold Berries and and Items found in the wild or ground.

Cacturne - It's sinister disposition is impossible to get rid of . It must learn two Dark moves and keep those dark moves along the adventure. (The two dark moves are your choice)

NOTICE
All challengers who have an active challenge in the last thread can just fill the sign up form (not the personality form) and put it here along with their current progress, they will be put in the challengers list.

I would like to mention that I have just revived this challenge and most of the contents are still from pikabowser's thread. I would make changes if need be.

Last edited:
Years
yarn has finally laid his hands on ultra sun.

Username: SirYarnsalot
Game: Ultra Sun

Quiz:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
A) USERNAME: BlissyMKW
B) WHICH GAME: Red (I may do other games after this, and my answers in the quiz likely won't change, so just a warning there)
C) GENDER: Male

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
A) USERNAME: BlissyMKW
B) WHICH GAME: Red (I may do other games after this, and my answers in the quiz likely won't change, so just a warning there)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pastelespeon

no. 1 espeon fan
Years
Hi! I haven't done a challenge in forever and this seems really fun!

username: pastelespeon
game: Platinum

Spoiler:

Years
Hi! I haven't done a challenge in forever and this seems really fun!

username: pastelespeon
game: Platinum

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Spoiler:

...Welp. On another note, none of my team is available for at least three badges, so for the sake of making my life easier, I'm going to just hack in Dratini as my starter since it'll likely be the worst of the three to handle due to requiring Rest or Agility (under the assumption that having Agility, a Psychic type status move, will cover both requirements).

Years
...Welp. On another note, none of my team is available for at least three badges, so for the sake of making my life easier, I'm going to just hack in Dratini as my starter since it'll likely be the worst of the three to handle due to requiring Rest or Agility (under the assumption that having Agility, a Psychic type status move, will cover both requirements).

You can hack in a legal dratini for sure at lvl 5 (it should only have the move it can get till lvl 5).
And for the second part, yes agility will count for both status and Psychic moves.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
After around 10+ attempts at Brock because Dratini gets no real offensive move outside of Wrap until Lv. 30, struggling with some battles because of the special mission, and soloing three gyms with a Dratini/Dragonair, the embargo on "no items in battle" is gone. All that remains now is to gather up the rest of my team. For now, I need to get through Rock Tunnel, and then the road to getting Growlithe is so close you can taste it.

Team Zero

dragonair.png

Lance (Dragonair) Lv. 31
Moves: Wrap, Agility, Thunder Wave, Bubblebeam

I also have an Oddish as a Cut slave. He's just kinda there.​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 12, 2018
Fun, I was originally the -ty- account when I created the questionnaire and rules for the challenge. I'm happy it is still in full swing after about 5 years now :)

username: fenneking
game: Black or White (Gives you more options as per version-exclusive mons)
sex: male

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Fun, I was originally the -ty- account when I created the questionnaire and rules for the challenge. I'm happy it is still in full swing after about 5 years now :)

username: fenneking
game: Black or White (Gives you more options as per version-exclusive mons)
sex: male

Spoiler:

First of all, let me thank you to make this awesome challenge. Now onto you challenge
Spoiler:

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
meh i havent done one of these in awhile. but which game to play... hmm... meh i havent done kanto in awhile.

Name: MachoPony
Game: Leafgreen
Spoiler:

Years
A) USERNAME: cc_aussie
B) WHICH GAME: Heartgold (Can obtain any Pokemon from Pearl, Platinum and Soulsilver as well)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CrAzY.RaY

Ayyy...
Years
A) USERNAME: CrAzY.RaY
B) WHICH GAME: Crystal

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
A) USERNAME: Drizzite
B) WHICH GAME: Pokemon X

Spoiler:

DakotaCurry

Bug Type Master
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 25, 2018
A) USERNAME: DakotaCurry
B) WHICH GAME: Black 2
C) GENDER: Since it's probably relevant to the Challenge i'll say Male.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 18, 2018
This sounds interesting so I'll give it a go.

A) USERNAME: Yugo
B) WHICH GAME: Leaf Green
C) GENDER: Boy
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
The last time I couldn't do this challenge, so I will try now because I am having a hard time deciding my team :) ( it can be a monotype since I love them)

A) USERNAME: Arubetsu
B) WHICH GAME: Ultra Sun

Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
So I'm a bit farther ahead in my run, but...my Dragonair evolved at Lv. 40 for some reason. Not sure if it's because I put on "make evolutions easier" when I changed starters out to make Dratini my starter, but that may be it. Shouldn't matter too much since I was suppose to have Dragonite by the end of the run anyway.

Team Zero

dragonite.png

Lance (Dragonite) Lv. 41
Moves: Wrap, Agility, Thunder Wave, Surf

growlithe.png

Wolfy (Growlithe) Lv. 39
Moves: Take Down, Agility, Dig, Ember

poliwrath.png

Big Massif (Poliwrath) Lv. 38
Moves: Strength, Hypnosis, Earthquake, Body Slam

(I have 5 badges and doing Silph Co.)

Back