• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Years
So I might of been a bit naughty and looked threw the demo's files....in the folder called _placeholder there are 2 pictures called boy and girl.....may I ask what they are used for?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
So I might of been a bit naughty and looked threw the demo's files....in the folder called _placeholder there are 2 pictures called boy and girl.....may I ask what they are used for?

The entire renpy folder is for the platform that runs the game and has nothing to do with what you actually see for the game. The placeholder images are used in testing environments to take the place of missing, incomplete or unloadable character sprites. You will never see those icons in the actual game.

Every asset used in the game is archived. So if you really want to break into the game's actual files... yeah, don't do that.

Years
The entire renpy folder is for the platform that runs the game and has nothing to do with what you actually see for the game. The placeholder images are used in testing environments to take the place of missing, incomplete or unloadable character sprites. You will never see those icons in the actual game.

Every asset used in the game is archived. So if you really want to break into the game's actual files... yeah, don't do that.

Hahaha, truth is ive been trying to find the character images, and to maybe find secret images but if they're all archived then I won't be able to get them. And I mean like the images different expressions XD

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Hahaha, truth is ive been trying to find the character images, and to maybe find secret images but if they're all archived then I won't be able to get them. And I mean like the images different expressions XD

Its called screen cap.... you should try it...

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Welp, someone in this thread lacks respect for originality. -.-

livestreaming now: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111078601521235440437/events/chnnudgql5u4qv4a1v4kvh3s96s

Shouldnt his eyes be open, and with a smile? he looks a bit to much like Brock... at LEAST a smile...? >>; He looks asleep....

Spoiler:

You know what, as I was playing this livestream,i started to make the "morning bell" sound when it was on the day loading screen with the spinning pokeball from sunday to monday... and being in a university, it would make sense... (not saying i was in one but, just saying, from experience...)

And yes i mean the first part of the grandfather clock chime "morning bell" sound.... its normally the bell that wakes people up...

Also in the path that was chosen as "do not tell calem of sarenas request" she never came back to you within that week to question if you told him? >.>;

Could get minus points of "forgetting" to tell him after a week...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Welp, someone in this thread lacks respect for originality. -.-

What do you mean by that?

Yo i found a glitch, heres my path: I auto skipped pretty much most of it, i didnt ask blue to room, asked brendan to room, asked misty if she was ok, decided to walk around, met misty, said i would know eventually, picked fire and dragon, auto skipped some more and at the caffertieria this happend:
Spoiler:

THEY WONT COME OUT!!!! THEY'RE STUCK OUT OF FRAME!!!! GAHHH!!!!

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Yo i found a glitch, heres my path: I auto skipped pretty much most of it, i didnt ask blue to room, asked brendan to room, asked misty if she was ok, decided to walk around, met misty, said i would know eventually, picked fire and dragon, auto skipped some more and at the caffertieria this happend:
Spoiler:

THEY WONT COME OUT!!!! THEY'RE STUCK OUT OF FRAME!!!! GAHHH!!!!

That is funny XD!

VisualJae

Years
Question, will there be any female playable character option rather than just using Red?

Not for now, at least. That would effectively double all of our work (well, mostly my work since I code everything... but also the writers would flip out if I told them to do that now). We'd have to virtually change all the lines and redo virtually all the scenes.

After the game is 100% complete, then we can look into redoing the game from a female character's POV (or effectively converting the game to an otome one).

Years
Not for now, at least. That would effectively double all of our work (well, mostly my work since I code everything... but also the writers would flip out if I told them to do that now). We'd have to virtually change all the lines and redo virtually all the scenes.

After the game is 100% complete, then we can look into redoing the game from a female character's POV (or effectively converting the game to an otome one).

Nice new avatar! I like the hat! I might do that for mine also except it will look very odd XD

boopbedoopdoop

"Both roses and truths have thorns."
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016

Oh, okay! Thank you for the reply, I really love the game so far, it's really pleasing!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
I specifically made an account to tell you guys that I (And I think we all do) really appreciate the effort you guys put into this. I'm really looking forward to the fullgame to play the Hilda and Leaf routes. (And many others of course.)

Also, I saw something come past about having Pokémon and such.

How easy will it be to get an Arcanine? :p

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
I specifically made an account to tell you guys that I (And I think we all do) really appreciate the effort you guys put into this. I'm really looking forward to the fullgame to play the Hilda and Leaf routes. (And many others of course.)

No kidding. I wonder if my own favorites will make an apperance in the game.. like Haunter, and Shedinja.... mainly haunter.... i talked about them a lot while i was livestreaming the gameplay. (I picked ghost and bug, lol)

Years

I would love to see Latias in it, she's my favorite Pokemon! And maybe there could be Pokemon routes? Just speculating! Nothing weird!

VisualJae

Years
Need some feedback.

Let me explain. If you've played the demo, you'll know that students get to pick two out of the 18 known Pokemon types.

We'd like to know if it makes more sense for these characters to pick types that match their signature Pokemon. Or if it makes more sense for these characters to pick types that match their personalities.

Example 1: May is often associated with the Torchic evolutionary line. Blaziken is Fire/Fighting so those are the two types May selects. If the character doesn't have a dual-type signature Pokemon, then it's a little more arbitrary.

Example 2: Misty can have a pretty harsh personality. Her signature type is obviously Water. But based on her personality, we can use Ice as her second type as a nod to her personality.

The issue with this is that virtually all the player characters will be associated with either Grass, Fire or Water, thereby overpopulating those three types. Fighting is a very popular gym leader type (e.g. Brawly, Maylene, Korrina, etc.). This leaves other types like Bug, Ghost, Dark, Fairy, etc. rather sparse.

But if we go with personality, we can easily distribute characters across all 18 Pokemon types. But then it might seem awkward for some characters, let's say Silver, to be thrown into Dragon/Dark when he is often seen with a Feraligatr in media.

What do you think? Let's talk about it. Or just use the poll I'm setting up.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Need some feedback.

Let me explain. If you've played the demo, you'll know that students get to pick two out of the 18 known Pokemon types.

We'd like to know if it makes more sense for these characters to pick types that match their signature Pokemon. Or if it makes more sense for these characters to pick types that match their personalities.

Example 1: May is often associated with the Torchic evolutionary line. Blaziken is Fire/Fighting so those are the two types May selects. If the character doesn't have a dual-type signature Pokemon, then it's a little more arbitrary.

Example 2: Misty can have a pretty harsh personality. Her signature type is obviously Water. But based on her personality, we can use Ice as her second type as a nod to her personality.

The issue with this is that virtually all the player characters will be associated with either Grass, Fire or Water, thereby overpopulating those three types. Fighting is a very popular gym leader type (e.g. Brawly, Maylene, Korrina, etc.). This leaves other types like Bug, Ghost, Dark, Fairy, etc. rather sparse.

But if we go with personality, we can easily distribute characters across all 18 Pokemon types. But then it might seem awkward for some characters, let's say Silver, to be thrown into Dragon/Dark when he is often seen with a Feraligatr in media.

What do you think? Let's talk about it. Or just use the poll I'm setting up.

Maybe mix both is an idea?

For Silver for example, Water for Feraligatr, and Dark for his personality.
So for Misty, you then get Water as type and Ice for personality.

But then again, you would be stuck on the starters with dual types. So maybe pick the 'main' type of the dual types or the 'less populated' one?

Back