The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Release Pokémon Zero [v0.6 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake, all eight Gyms + Elite Four

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Old July 30th, 2018 (3:27 PM).

Hey I was just wondering, are there battle animations i this game?Things like burns from ember etc.
    Old July 31st, 2018 (10:27 PM).
    Rokemon.com

cannot posty
      Old August 1st, 2018 (12:14 AM).

Nature: Calm
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by calvinsyrus View Post
        Play test again ;)

P/s: zerokid, u can add mod follow pokemon or EliteBattle? and why u active animations move pokemon?
        Possibly, but I've no plans for it at the moment.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by EdyLecter View Post
        Hey I was just wondering, are there battle animations i this game?Things like burns from ember etc.
        Not currently, no.
        Old August 2nd, 2018 (2:46 AM).

Hello zerokid, is it available for 807 + gen 8 pokemon in the future?
          Old August 2nd, 2018 (4:39 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pokeva View Post
            Hello zerokid, is it available for 807 + gen 8 pokemon in the future?
            807 is the current plan, yes. As for gen 8, it depends, so I won't commit to anything there.
            Old August 7th, 2018 (1:54 AM).

Nature: Bashful
              Will you add battle animations any time soon?
              Old August 7th, 2018 (9:34 AM).

Hey ZeroKid, amazing work, just found your game and got really excited.

I'm having a little bit of trouble running the game though. It's running very sluggish and skipping a lot of frames. Is this a known issue or is it just for me?
                Old August 10th, 2018 (4:08 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Vizier View Post
                  Will you add battle animations any time soon?
                  They're low on my priority list at the moment.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Coxer View Post
                  Hey ZeroKid, amazing work, just found your game and got really excited.

I'm having a little bit of trouble running the game though. It's running very sluggish and skipping a lot of frames. Is this a known issue or is it just for me?
                  Hard to say, but the RMXP engine is getting on a bit now, and is notorious for not being particularly performant. I would like to take a better look at this to see if I can make any improvements.
                  Old August 14th, 2018 (6:51 PM).

Congratulations on your room, I'm older player who have been kinda disconnected from the pokemon since the 3 rd generation and I enjoyed playing this game with your changes

Question, after I beat the elite four for the first time where do I go? I skipped the conversation with Oak and the 2 rivals. Cerulean cave is locked, can't rematch elite four and I can't access Sevii island (4 ~7)
                    Old August 14th, 2018 (9:59 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
                      If you haven't done anything on the Sevii Islands yet, talk to people on the first three islands. If you haven't visited it at all after beating gym seven, I think you are to go to the lab on the first island to get your first assignment. As far as the islands themselves, only 7 is not accessible since it is not made yet in this game.
                      Old August 15th, 2018 (5:14 AM). Edited August 15th, 2018 by igorcl.

I went there immediately after defeating Blane, went to all 3 island and I think everything over there

the 2 rockets on the first island finally opened the cave, not sure why it didn't happened early
                        Old August 15th, 2018 (5:50 PM).

Hi, I just downloaded this game today after a few minutes of play or encountering pokemon the game freezes. The game music continues to play but it is not responsive.

I have played multiple pokemon fan games created on the same platform you use. I am not sure what is wrong with the game. I tried to re-download it and try and play. The same thing continues to happen.

I attached a picture for further description
                          Attached Images
                          File Type: png Screenshot (10).png‎ (274.1 KB, 6 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                          Old August 15th, 2018 (10:06 PM).

Maybe you could include in the option settings at the start of a new game to have max IVs and EVs (1530) on all Pokémon that you capture and all NPC teams. Kind of like how MindCrystal did things. This allows the player’s to have more control how they play their game. I would rather take the guess work out of the whole IV system and tedious growth system that is the 510 EV limit.

I liked playing Gen I/II games because the Pokémon can reach their full BST potential via Stat Experience; but would appreciate it on later generations for aesthetic reasons.
                            Old August 19th, 2018 (2:04 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by AnubisRa View Post
                              Hi, I just downloaded this game today after a few minutes of play or encountering pokemon the game freezes. The game music continues to play but it is not responsive.

I have played multiple pokemon fan games created on the same platform you use. I am not sure what is wrong with the game. I tried to re-download it and try and play. The same thing continues to happen.

I attached a picture for further description
                              I'm having the same issue when I defeated the elite 4 and became champ. Oak, please let me continue the game so I can get my Mascot and a Kirlia as well.
                              Old August 20th, 2018 (6:32 PM).

I have run into another problem with this update version. After you beat the pokemon league and the credits roll. I do not get a chance to save and once professor Oak comes up to me, the game freezes as it does when encountering pokemon. I am stuck with my last save before beating Gary(The Rival). Please Fix
                                Old August 25th, 2018 (1:16 PM). Edited August 25th, 2018 by aw0211.

Hey first time posting here so hopefully I do this right. I just downloaded the game since I love the concept and am very excited to play through it. However, whenever I try and heal at either a Pokemon Center or with my mom my game crashes. It says there's an FMOD error, specifically "Script 'RGSS Linker FmodEx' Line 175. If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm playing on Mac if that makes a difference.
                                  Old August 26th, 2018 (5:43 AM).

Looks like I have a few bugs to fix for the next release! Regarding the crashes, I'll see what I can do, but not being able to replicate them myself, progress might be slow.
                                    Old September 2nd, 2018 (9:27 PM).

Hi, I'm really enjoying this fan game, and have played up to the end of Three Island. I made a few notes on the oddities that I noticed. Most of it is relatively minor, my main issue was with the Move Relearner:
                                      Spoiler:

- the Move Relearner now asks for heart scales, but it doesn't look like it's possible to get them before defeating the Elite Four. I tried getting them by fishing for Luvdisc, but none of the six that I fished up has a heart scale (an it's supposed to be a 50% chance). Could you either add heart scales as one of Luvdisc's held items, or add heart scales as hidden items throughout the game?
                                      - I'm really happy that we have access to the Alolan forms through the Safari Zone, and I picked up an Alolan Marowak because it looked cool. However, its main stab moves are level 27 and 11, and it evolves at level 28 (not sure why Sun and Moon did this). Could you move Flame Wheel to 28 and Shadow Bone to 33 (or somewhere around there), so that Alolan marowak can learn its stab moves without the move relearner?
                                      - In the safari zone, I noticed a few places where I arbitrarily couldn't surf from. They were scattered through the Safari Zone, but the main one that I noticed was on the island in the southern part of the Alolan Biodome
                                      - In the Lavender Town Tower, I walked into the "safe, purified space" and encountered a wild Pokemon. IIRC, that little area didn't have encounters in the original Fire Red
                                      - When encountering Jesse and James in the Celadon Game Corner hideout, they had their dialogue, but then ran off the map. After they were off the map, they demanded a battle, and I battled an invisible Rocket Duo
                                      - Some of the text on the moves and abilities overflows, and I can't read the full description. i saw this on the Torrent Ability, and Stomping Tantrum and Confide moves

Even though it's a long list, it was just little things, and the Elite Four crash that I read about is definitely more important. This game could definitely use more polish, but I love the premise and I've been having a blast with it. Thank you for your hard work on this fan game, it has a lot of potential.
                                      Old September 6th, 2018 (9:13 AM). Edited September 6th, 2018 by zerokid.

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Zurich899 View Post
                                        Hi, I'm really enjoying this fan game, and have played up to the end of Three Island. I made a few notes on the oddities that I noticed. Most of it is relatively minor, my main issue was with the Move Relearner:
                                        Spoiler:

- the Move Relearner now asks for heart scales, but it doesn't look like it's possible to get them before defeating the Elite Four. I tried getting them by fishing for Luvdisc, but none of the six that I fished up has a heart scale (an it's supposed to be a 50% chance). Could you either add heart scales as one of Luvdisc's held items, or add heart scales as hidden items throughout the game?
                                        - I'm really happy that we have access to the Alolan forms through the Safari Zone, and I picked up an Alolan Marowak because it looked cool. However, its main stab moves are level 27 and 11, and it evolves at level 28 (not sure why Sun and Moon did this). Could you move Flame Wheel to 28 and Shadow Bone to 33 (or somewhere around there), so that Alolan marowak can learn its stab moves without the move relearner?
                                        - In the safari zone, I noticed a few places where I arbitrarily couldn't surf from. They were scattered through the Safari Zone, but the main one that I noticed was on the island in the southern part of the Alolan Biodome
                                        - In the Lavender Town Tower, I walked into the "safe, purified space" and encountered a wild Pokemon. IIRC, that little area didn't have encounters in the original Fire Red
                                        - When encountering Jesse and James in the Celadon Game Corner hideout, they had their dialogue, but then ran off the map. After they were off the map, they demanded a battle, and I battled an invisible Rocket Duo
                                        - Some of the text on the moves and abilities overflows, and I can't read the full description. i saw this on the Torrent Ability, and Stomping Tantrum and Confide moves

Even though it's a long list, it was just little things, and the Elite Four crash that I read about is definitely more important. This game could definitely use more polish, but I love the premise and I've been having a blast with it. Thank you for your hard work on this fan game, it has a lot of potential.
                                        Luvdisc should have Heart Scales according to the files but I'll double check for sure. I won't be modifying any official learnsets for Marowak, but I could think of something. The other things sound like bugs I'll look into -- I'm aware of the text overflow, got to look into a UI redesign for that one. Thanks for pointing those out!
                                        Old September 6th, 2018 (11:48 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by zerokid View Post
                                          Luvdisc should have Heart Scales according to the files but I'll double check for sure. I won't be modifying any official learnsets for Marowak, but I could think of something. The other things sound like bugs I'll look into -- I'm aware of the text overflow, got to look into a UI redesign for that one. Thanks for pointing those out!
                                          You can obtain Heart Scales from smashing Rocks in Mt.Ember, it's a relatively low drop rate but I got a few from the room in which Entei is located (Just leave and reenter repeatedly), I didn't find any in the cave or the beach route to the south, but they might be obtainable idk.

I have a couple of questions if you'd be kind enough to answer them. First, when using most of the Field Moves, the dialogue option triggers on the corresponding item (Tree, Rock, Water), yet when it comes to Strength, you have to manually select it from the Key Item each time. I know it's only a couple extra key presses if registered but are there any plans to change this so that you can just interact with Boulders?

Also, regarding Competitively Oriented items like Assault Vest, Choice Band/Scarf/Specs etc, is there any way to obtain them outside of the Battle Tower? (I assume since you haven't gotten around to putting Seven Island in, the Tower is inaccessible?)
                                          Old September 6th, 2018 (1:43 PM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by FVFRYTHFNG View Post
                                            You can obtain Heart Scales from smashing Rocks in Mt.Ember, it's a relatively low drop rate but I got a few from the room in which Entei is located (Just leave and reenter repeatedly), I didn't find any in the cave or the beach route to the south, but they might be obtainable idk.

I have a couple of questions if you'd be kind enough to answer them. First, when using most of the Field Moves, the dialogue option triggers on the corresponding item (Tree, Rock, Water), yet when it comes to Strength, you have to manually select it from the Key Item each time. I know it's only a couple extra key presses if registered but are there any plans to change this so that you can just interact with Boulders?

Also, regarding Competitively Oriented items like Assault Vest, Choice Band/Scarf/Specs etc, is there any way to obtain them outside of the Battle Tower? (I assume since you haven't gotten around to putting Seven Island in, the Tower is inaccessible?)
                                            A very low chance indeed! Rock Smash has a 25% chance to get an item, and then a 1/11 chance for it to be a Heart Scale. In other words, every Rock has a ~2.3% chance to yield a Heart Scale...

I'm not sure what you mean regarding Strength -- I've just fired up a copy of v0.5 and activated Strength by interacting with a Boulder directly.

Most competitive items are currently unavailable (although the data exists for them, so you could 'hack' them in yourself using debug mode). They're planned for release with the Trainer Tower.
                                            Old September 6th, 2018 (3:10 PM).

Quote:
                                              Originally Posted by zerokid View Post
                                              A very low chance indeed! Rock Smash has a 25% chance to get an item, and then a 1/11 chance for it to be a Heart Scale. In other words, every Rock has a ~2.3% chance to yield a Heart Scale...

I'm not sure what you mean regarding Strength -- I've just fired up a copy of v0.5 and activated Strength by interacting with a Boulder directly.

Most competitive items are currently unavailable (although the data exists for them, so you could 'hack' them in yourself using debug mode). They're planned for release with the Trainer Tower.
                                              Thank you for the reply. Yeah I thought it must have been very low but it's not too much of a grind, I'd much prefer to smash rocks than fish for Luvdisc. It appears that my copy must be bugged or something because I can't directly interact with Boulders, so disregard that. Are future versions going to be backwards compatible with save files? How exactly would one go about accessing Debug mode? This is excellent work btw, an absolute cut above most other remake RPGXP games.
                                              Old September 6th, 2018 (4:22 PM).

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by FVFRYTHFNG View Post
                                                Thank you for the reply. Yeah I thought it must have been very low but it's not too much of a grind, I'd much prefer to smash rocks than fish for Luvdisc. It appears that my copy must be bugged or something because I can't directly interact with Boulders, so disregard that. Are future versions going to be backwards compatible with save files? How exactly would one go about accessing Debug mode? This is excellent work btw, an absolute cut above most other remake RPGXP games.
                                                Thank you. I'll keep an eye on the boulder issue but I've never used the key item for it outside of testing! Debug mode can be accessed if you have a copy of RPG Maker XP and play it through that.

Yes, future updates will be backwards compatible. I might ask that you enter or leave a certain map before updating, but otherwise it'll be completely backwards compatible.
                                                Old September 7th, 2018 (4:42 PM).

v0.5.1 is now up. It's a wave of bugfixes, but also includes some much-needed sound file compression that brings the total file size down by almost 50%.

Quote:
                                                  Originally Posted by aw0211 View Post
                                                  Hey first time posting here so hopefully I do this right. I just downloaded the game since I love the concept and am very excited to play through it. However, whenever I try and heal at either a Pokemon Center or with my mom my game crashes. It says there's an FMOD error, specifically "Script 'RGSS Linker FmodEx' Line 175. If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. I'm playing on Mac if that makes a difference.
                                                  I can't test on a Mac, but I've updated a lot of sound files, including the healing sound effect. Hopefully you'll have more luck with that.
                                                  Old September 7th, 2018 (5:54 PM).
                                                  Wizarmonfan Wizarmonfan is offline

Is the update backwards compatible or will I have to restart from the beginning?

Quick Reply