• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
"Speaking of R.D.'s (Wait...Ruby Destiny not Rainbow Dash) missing backsprite, pretty much all unobtainable Pokemon have missing backsprites. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but since Mew has Transform, transforming into those Pokemon looks weird due to the "??" backsprite. It's minor, but I suggest adding backsprites to even unobtainable Pokemon for Transform's sake."
Useless spriting, don't you think? :D
Transform should just be replaced with another move and it would work as well. :D

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
i just want to share this for those beginner players who just recently downloaded this hack.
start your journey doing this before going to the academy.. when you do your first step at
bouquet field go to mineral cave immediately.

i raised my charmander up to lvl 45 at the mineral cave and turn it to charizard
"before going to hevah academy" and i think i can make it up to lvl 50. for roughly(3 hours including the search for stormidran)
i also caught stormidran using the hidden pokeball at silk village at the bottom of day care center.
im abusing my savestate for me to catch this rare lvl 40 pokemon at the start of my journey.

Mineral Cave Pokemons
name: lvl: exp:
magnemite 27-35 350-490
stormidran 40-41 850 (i guess)
occutales 27-36 850 (i guess also)
graveler 27-36 700
geodude 27-36 (i dont know coz i dont battle w/ this pokemon)
swoobat 27-36 550- 600+
woobat 27-36 250-300 +
zubat 27-36 same as woobat
lunatone 27-36 650-750
solrock 27-36 650-750

note: i use smokescreen first then savestate until the 2nd atk misses
if you want to catch stormidran(abbility levitate) a really powerful lightning/dragon fan made pokemon the percentage for it to
appear is i guess 1%
but after catching this pokemon you can now use switching battle
for you to win against lunatone,solrock,swoobat and graveler

Stomidran Skills are spark, iron tail,twister and lightningbolt

sorry for my english

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Found Croagunk, he can be found the earliest in Vextra Forest, just in case anybody else was looking for him.

Ok so I just somehow ended up with a Sludge Bomb TM in my inventory! I just went through the Safari Zone for the first time (Caught about 11 Scyther so I could get one with the nature that I wanted). I'm not really complaining since I now have a really nice move for my Croagunk, but still, has this happened to anyone else? Did I pick it up somewhere along the way and forget I had it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

EDIT:

Hey DJG,

I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
OK, so I just got surf and started re-checking all the routes that needed surf in order to completely check them out. I went by the Tower of Fate and I found the Pyro Strike and Pain Strike TMs. I checked them and found out how extremely powerful they were and was more than happy to start using them on my Charizard and my Froslass. But then, when I was using these moves, I started realizing just how overpowered these moves are. I mean, look at the original moves by Nintendo, moves with 140-180 base power all have some kind of drawback, whether it be low accuracy, taking recoil damage, lowering stats by 2 stages, or requiring a turn to charge up. These moves however have virtually no drawbacks whatsoever (and not to mention Pain Strike does NOT hit 2-5 times like the TM description says it does.).

Look, I'm not saying I hate using pokemon and using movesets that allow them to use insanely powerful attacks. In fact, I'm hoping to get Sunny Day on my Charizard to make his Flamethrower move extremely powerful, from STAB/ 50% boost from Sunny Weather, and his high base stat in Special Attack. But I just feel that using these custom made TMs with Blizzard like power, but Ice Beam like drawbacks is just going to cheapen the experience to the point where there is no challenge left whatsoever. I've also gotten Deep Water and Bug Strike and it seems to be a pattern that so far you made these extremely powerful attacks for every type in the game. I like the idea of creating an "ultimate move" for each type of pokemon, but the fact that the ones I have encountered so far are all very similar to one another seems to suggest that every move is like this, and if that is the case, it seems lazy to do something like that.

I'm only just got my fifth badge, I haven't encountered the rest of these "Ultimate Moves", and I do not know how difficult it is to edit TMs but I think it would have been much better if each ultimate move of each type had a different effect rather than just "Super High Base Power with only a slight accuracy drop from moves like flamethrower". For example, the Steel-type could've had a move with, lets say 100 base power that raises defense and special defense by two stages, and it has 90% accuracy. Ice types could have a 130 base power/ 95% accuracy move that requires a turn to charge, but inflicts the freeze status 60% of the time. Fighting types could have a 150 base power 75% accuracy move that has a critical hit chance two stages higher than normal (Which would be around 25% if my math is correct). Bug type pokemon's ultimate move could be a +2 priority attack with 95 base power/ 90% accuracy that raises evasion by two stages.

Maybe all my previous assumptions are wrong but from what I seem so far, all these moves seems to be ultimately the same, which is not only disappointing from a creativity standpoint, but also from a difficulty standpoint, as these moves have ridiculous base power with little to no drawbacks (Sorry, 80% accuracy just doesn't seem to be quite enough). Maybe what I suggested above is not possible to hack TMs to make them do, but I just feel as though this was a really nice idea that you had, but was just unfortunately met with bad execution.

EDIT:

Hey DJG,

I just wanted to know something about the 4 different paths that you can take throughout the game. How do you get each one and is there 4 in total or are there more?

Thanks.
Well I will only make this short, You did not need to use TM Pyro Strike on Charizard because it learns itself by leveling up. Other starters like Blastoise and Venusaur also learn similar powerful move when they grow. Secondly the game only has 3 main story branching, The Good, Normal and the Bad side. 4th one is just sort of one's own method. You can play them all by using save states. But in the hack only one can be played one at a time

Years
hey dgr should make a new hack of ruby destiny series with 6th generation pokemon ....because new pokemon will be quite match with his hack....and I believe you should go for it dr!!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
What gave you that impression? Pokemon Skyline is still in development, even if progress is slow or halted. Inactivity doesn't mean retirement.

I thought he said after this game he was done with ROM hacking because of real life.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
One of the best hacks ever, also i got chaomega by saying no to the guy in the tower of fate is that normal?

eeyup.

I thought he said after this game he was done with ROM hacking because of real life.

I don't remember ever saying that though. :\
Yes, it's possible for me to stop ROM Hacking but, even if that day comes, I'll still be hanging around in the "who's online" page. xD

hey dgr should make a new hack of ruby destiny series with 6th generation pokemon ....because new pokemon will be quite match with his hack....and I believe you should go for it dr!!!

maybe...

Spoiler:

I made those so pipz can have an easy life beating the bosses in the game. :\

Hey DJG,

Thanks.

You can start the branching when you finally got your 5 badges (again).
just talk to the pink/yellow/whatever-color-it-is pyramid in the game~

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Youtube has some walkthroughs, there is a guide tool in the first post in this thread, and there are the wisdom stones scattered throughout the game that will tell you what to do next.

Ok I am having a HUGE problem! After I beat Vessel and Giratina at level 80, the game camera spazzes out! I tried restarting but that did not fix anything! I know for a fact that I used the right ROM as I patched the game with the UPS patch. How do I fix this!

Yup, tried redoing that fight five times. Then I just deleted my ROM, re-patched it again (in case I did something in the game that may have screwed the ROM up), and yet again after another two attempts, the screen refuses to work properly, yet I see MegaHawkNelson on Youtube play at this part of the game and his screen works perfectly fine...so...umm, WTF? I've only seen maybe two other people from searching the thread that have this problem.

Please anybody who has played past that part, did you encounter this glitch and just continued on with the game like normal? Did you eventually fix the problem? I want to get past this part.

So yeah, did some more searching around today and it does seem as though some people in the Nuzlocke forum have encountered this glitch as well after version 15 came out, yet I hear from reading other parts of this thread from another user that it never happened to him nor the majority of Life of Guardians users. I'm honestly a little incredulous about that statement. First off, I used the UPS patch guaranteeing that I patched to the exact same ROM DJG used, eliminating there being any problems from using the wrong ROM. Second, I did not touch the ROM itself after I patched it and files on computers do not magically corrupt themselves. DJG said he fixed this issue but I'm left to wonder if that is really the case. I certainly would not be experiencing the bug if that were true and, like I said previously, I used the UPS patch, so I know for a fact it is not an issue with using the wrong ROM.

PS: Sorry if I sound angsty. I'm just pissed off that most people apparently do not have this problem, but I do. I seem to have absolute, pure, unadulterated, 150% genuine **** for luck when it comes to bad stuff like this happening in games I play. "Oh man! you only have a 0.5% chance to trigger this glitch! Don't worry about it!"

*Plays through game tens times in a row and experiences the glitch all ten times*

I'm also vaguely aware of a glitch that makes the final event un-playable and with my luck I'm pretty worried it is going to happen.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
how can i get written walkthrough of this game plz help

There's a guide tool available for download on the first few paragraphs on the first post.

Ok I am having a HUGE problem! After I beat Vessel and Giratina at level 80, the game camera spazzes out! I tried restarting but that did not fix anything! I know for a fact that I used the right ROM as I patched the game with the UPS patch. How do I fix this!

I'm also vaguely aware of a glitch that makes the final event un-playable and with my luck I'm pretty worried it is going to happen.

This is quite an annoying bug. I've fixed this too many times now and added fail-safe codes in that script too many times, and it still glitches. Ugh...

Anyway, no, I don't think it'll stop you from playing any further. It's just the camera that glitches, and not the game nor the event itself.

In all honesty, it only happened to me once, and I added fail-safe codes to the script.

It'll be of great help if you'll tell me in what part of the event will the camera go whack.
I'm having the sudden urge to make some updates, and I'll do them when I can spare some time.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Well, unfortunately now I have an even bigger problem that has broke my game. I just said "**** it" and decided to play the game with the glitchy camera. I beat the game, everything saves fine, I get through the credits, game goes back to the regular screens when I first start up the game, then when I go to select my save file....nothing but a pitch black screen. Can't open the menu, can't walk, can't do anything at all. My save file might as well have corrupted itself. Thankfully I have a save file from right before the split to do the good, evil, or neutral paths, so it won't be too big a setback to get back to where I was, but still, if you update the hack, there brings in the question of it working properly on an older version save file. I highly suspect the glitchy camera, since it stops right at the end of the last conversation after you beat the third final boss, is the cause of this problem. I'm guessing that it got the game camera "Stuck" inside of a wall somewhere when it saved the game. (Actually never mind about me being screwed, I just restored my save file to an earlier version)

Anyways, the glitchy camera starts after you beat Vessel. I was on the evil path, did NOT touch the green diamond nor did I examine all the green sprouts inside the Lost Shadow. I had 6 total badges. Earlier in the game, I went back to Breeze Island right before the final confrontation with the Dark Organization in Rintah Town, and talked to the Team Earth Grunt. This prompted a selection screen of my Pokemon party, all with "able" listed by their names. I selected the first Pokemon in my party, a Toxicroak, which caused the game to freeze, but the music still played fine. Also the Ralts in the Light catching script fainted as well. I also read somewhere earlier that you should not save in the bug catching building but I did. Finally, a Larvitar that I caught was holding a ?????????? item (which I'm guessing is supposed to be a Hard Rock as this is what they have sometimes when you catch them.) I took it off of Larvitar and examined it in my inventory. That should be about everything out of the ordinary I did that I think could cause the game to glitch up.

The glitchy camera starts after the battle with Giratina but before the battle with Zah. While the "Ug...ghuahhh..." text is on the screen, the camera is fine and functions as it should. As soon as I press the A button, it starts to glitch. It repeatedly pans in a South Western direction for about half a second, stops very briefly, then repeats. At the beginning of the camera glitching, I can see the protagonist and all the other rivals and elemental masters, but not the dragons. After about 20 seconds, the camera just gets repeatedly stuck in an entire screen's worth of cave tiles (I really can't describe these well, see the video below to know what I am talking about). Here is a video demonstrating the glitch after about 15 seconds of it occurring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCathbp72d0&feature=plcp

If I had to guess, I would say the glitch has to do with the protagonist running up from the lower, non-visible portion of the screen, to the visible portion of the screen with the dragons. Maybe the camera is locking into the lower part of the platform, but tries to pan up, which causes it to go crazy? IDK, just throwing ideas out there.

Also, I should mention two other design problems in the hack. In the Safari Zone, in the area where you can surf in that small patch of water, there is a silver chest stuck in a tree and cannot be obtained. Also, at the cave north of Guardia Town and East of the Hevah League, there is a strength boulder in front of a cave but I don't think it can actually be moved away, making it impossible to enter that cave.

Of course, I would love it if you would also go back and fix the glitchy legendaries and final events of Reign of Legends already being triggered without the player actually triggering them, as well as making UPS patches for Reign of Legends and Rescue Rangers, but even if you just fix the glitchy camera and the final event of the game not triggering properly (I'm talking about the glitch that Izanagi-No-Okami is talking about on the previous page), that would be great.

Anyways, hope that was detailed enough, if you need any additional info, just let me know.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
The glitchy camera starts after the battle with Giratina but before the battle with Zah. While the "Ug...ghuahhh..." text is on the screen, the camera is fine and functions as it should. As soon as I press the A button, it starts to glitch. It repeatedly pans in a South Western direction for about half a second, stops very briefly, then repeats. At the beginning of the camera glitching, I can see the protagonist and all the other rivals and elemental masters, but not the dragons. After about 20 seconds, the camera just gets repeatedly stuck in an entire screen's worth of cave tiles.

Thanks. I'll investigate that part of the script.
Also, could you send me your saved file (note: not saved state) via PM?
I'd like to see it for myself and to use it to test the game (since I lost everything after the hard drive of my PC back home died a week ago).

(I really can't describe these well, see the video below to know what I am talking about). Here is a video demonstrating the glitch after about 15 seconds of it occurring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCathbp72d0&feature=plcp

that made me dizzy...
225ba.gif

Also, I should mention two other design problems in the hack. In the Safari Zone, in the area where you can surf in that small patch of water, there is a silver chest stuck in a tree and cannot be obtained. Also, at the cave north of Guardia Town and East of the Hevah League, there is a strength boulder in front of a cave but I don't think it can actually be moved away, making it impossible to enter that cave.

I'll check on the Safari Zone.
And that boulder will fly away after the events in the Dragon Castle.

Of course, I would love it if you would also go back and fix the glitchy legendaries and final events of Reign of Legends already being triggered without the player actually triggering them, as well as making UPS patches for Reign of Legends and Rescue Rangers.

I don't think I'll be touching them any time soon. Soz... :\

(the glitch that Izanagi-No-Okami is talking about on the previous page)

I haven't found the cause of that bug though, but I did manage to fix his saved file.
I don't remember if he finished the game or not. Either I haven't heard anything from him after I fixed his saved file, or my brain is no longer working properly...
ecdf9.gif

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
For some reason, I have never been able to send PMs to you, so I'll just attach it to this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back