• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Um, Spiritomb? According to its dex and the anime, it's evil.

Spiritomb's dex never said it was evil.

Diamond: A Pokémon that was formed by 108 spirits. It is bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone.
Pearl: It was bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone as punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago.
Platinum: Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it being bound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell.
HG/SS: It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.
B/W/B2/W2: Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it being bound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell.

Anime: Spiritomb, the Forbidden Pokémon. As punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago, Spiritomb was sealed in the fissure of an Odd Keystone

It says misdeeds, but all Ghost Pokemon cause terror and play pranks. Its part of who they are, but none of them were evil.

As for the Giant Pokemon from the Anime, if I remember correctly, they were sealed away because of their constant fighting that was tearing up the surrounding areas. I don't remember them being evil. They just caused strife due to their fighting.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
As for the Giant Pokemon from the Anime, if I remember correctly, they were sealed away because of their constant fighting that was tearing up the surrounding areas. I don't remember them being evil. They just caused strife due to their fighting.
No. They were fakes that were part of a theme park, apparently run by Giovanni as he later got a phone call after they were destroyed. See episode 17.

There was one giant one I recall later that was real, a Claydol. I think it was seen as being evil?

Cyclone

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Spiritomb's dex never said it was evil.

Diamond: A Pokémon that was formed by 108 spirits. It is bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone.
Pearl: It was bound to a fissure in an Odd Keystone as punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago.
Platinum: Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it being bound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell.
HG/SS: It was formed by uniting 108 spirits. It has been bound to the Odd Keystone to keep it from doing any mischief.
B/W/B2/W2: Its constant mischief and misdeeds resulted in it being bound to an Odd Keystone by a mysterious spell.

Anime: Spiritomb, the Forbidden Pokémon. As punishment for misdeeds 500 years ago, Spiritomb was sealed in the fissure of an Odd Keystone

It says misdeeds, but all Ghost Pokemon cause terror and play pranks. Its part of who they are, but none of them were evil.

But a well-respected user from BMGF mentioned about Spiritomb being evil because of its michief and misdeeds and shows no remourse nor regret.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I thought that Vaporeon7 was talking about the explanation Koffing, Ekans, and Meowth gave about how no Pokemon is actually evil, which happened in "The Island of Giant Pokemon". They just do evil things if that's what their trainers command them to do. (While Meowth says that he is evil with or without a trainer, but... Meowth.) It's been years since I've seen that episode, but that's the gist of it.

(At least, I think that's what the "Island of the Giant Pokemon" reference is to. The other Kanto episode with giant Pokemon is The Ancient Puzzle of Pokemonopolis, and the only thing I remember about that episode is giant Jigglypuff hilarity.)

Anime talk aside, a lot of the Ghost-type Pokemon are tricksters. Misdreavus scares people (for food) and I know another Ghost likes to pull on people's hair just to hear them scream. The only Ghost I could see being considered close to evil is Haunter, since its touch causes people to shiver until they die. But that's probably Haunter liking its tricks and killing people so it can have more ghost friends.

I doubt that Mewthree will be evil for no reason. Though the name "Eclair form" is kind of amusing to me and makes me hungry.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I thought that Vaporeon7 was talking about the explanation Koffing, Ekans, and Meowth gave about how no Pokemon is actually evil, which happened in "The Island of Giant Pokemon". They just do evil things if that's what their trainers command them to do. (While Meowth says that he is evil with or without a trainer, but... Meowth.) It's been years since I've seen that episode, but that's the gist of it.
I watched it again half an hour ago after seeing the reference here. I also just watched the Claydol episode. Claydol was referred to as "The Great Destroyer". This could imply being evil. However, it apparently was looking for the maiden who created the toys it played with, and fell in love with Wobbuffet until the hair got pulled away by Ash's Swellow.

As for the no Pokémon being evil reference, it was indeed Episode 17 where it was said in Pokémon-speak by one of the Team Rocket Pokémon.

All of this goes against the evil Pokémon theory brought up.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No. They were fakes that were part of a theme park, apparently run by Giovanni as he later got a phone call after they were destroyed. See episode 17.

There was one giant one I recall later that was real, a Claydol. I think it was seen as being evil?

Cyclone

I was thinking of the one with Gendar vs Alakazam which were stopped by a gaint Jigglypuff.

But a well-respected user from BMGF mentioned about Spiritomb being evil because of its michief and misdeeds and shows no remourse nor regret.

Doesn't really matter how well respected a person that has nothing to do with the actual company is says. Spiritomb wasn't made to be evil and nothing official says it is evil. If the user thinks that Spiritomb is evil then that's simply his opinion, not fact. Neither of its Pokedex's say its evil. In the anime episode it was sealed away for causing misdeeds as all Ghost Pokemon do. It was sealed away by a passing aura monk who didn't take kindly to Spiritomb's tormenting. When it was accidentally awoken it rampaged out of anger. A lot of animals do that too when provoked. Doesn't make them evil.

Other than Team Rocket's Meowth (who with Team Rocket have done good deeds as well, especially when Meowth wasn't with Jessie and James in some cases), none of the other Pokemon are evil by design.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
That would be this one. But that is not "The Island of Giant Pokémon" that you referenced.

Cyclone

I didn't reference it. Someone else did. I said something about giant Pokemon attacking the area and being sealed away to prevent damage. Either way, it was already mentioned that that episode was full of fake animatronic Pokemon owned by Team Rocket. So its not really a relevant part of the discussion.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Exactly. The one sealed away was the Claydol, and even in that episode it's referred to as seeking a certain person, and ends up destroying everything. Kind of weird as I thought that Claydol evil.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
The only way I could see Mewthree being "evil" is if maybe it is a being made up of all the evil inside Mewtwo, like Buu in DBZ. I seriously doubt it, but that's the only way I see it that way.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
No Pokemon is inherently evil. We have a few with Red eyes as well. The main site simply says his eyes show power which could be a hint that he's stronger than we may think. I don't think this new one will be evil.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Pokemon that are forever evil...other then that evil minded Togepi. I wish there was though a 'forever evil" Pokemon with zero soft side. But it's a long shot though, so nope hope on that one.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Pokemon that are forever evil...other then that demonic and possessed Togepi. I wish there was though a 'forever evil" Pokemon with zero soft side. But it's a long shot though, so nope hope on that one.
Not to get off track with anime discussion, but to promote the discussion of whether a Pokémon can be evil, I link the episode synopsis. I haven't watched this one yet.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I see this NewMew as possibly being more vicious/destructive (like Giratina almost who is said to have been banned due to it's actions almost like Susano'O in Shinto Mythology (Susano'O is still nice though, just rebellous)) than actually evil.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Something to remember is that Red and Ash are still separate characters, hence Yellow which was based on the anime in giving you only Pikachu to use as a starter. In that game, you literally play as Ash Ketchum. Thus you have the four different people in the anime who started their adventure at the same time.

And yes, I like callbacks.

Cyclone

Hmmm…does that mean that those who woke up at the right time to get their Pokémon in the anime are the trainers from the games—i.e.: the Pokémon Adventures stars? Maybe Ash will meet Red someday! Or…maybe that would be a little awkward, especially since GameFreak would probably have to implement the ability to pick between Red, Ash, Blue/Gary, and Green and follow their stories in whatever game is the next remake of R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, which probably won't happen until way after the Hoenn remakes (come on, GameFreak, I want a copy of Sapphire back now!)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmmm…does that mean that those who woke up at the right time to get their Pokémon in the anime are the trainers from the games—i.e.: the Pokémon Adventures stars? Maybe Ash will meet Red someday! Or…maybe that would be a little awkward, especially since GameFreak would probably have to implement the ability to pick between Red, Ash, Blue/Gary, and Green and follow their stories in whatever game is the next remake of R/G/B/Y/FR/LG, which probably won't happen until way after the Hoenn remakes (come on, GameFreak, I want a copy of Sapphire back now!)
Technically, Gary is Blue. However, in Yellow, the Rival character is a completely independent character who is not actually represented in any form in the anime (there have always been only four Trainers from Pallet Town). You could say the anime ignores this fifth Trainer.

I'd find it neat if the anime names made an appearance, but don't count on it.

Cyclone

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Again with the challenge mode? Difficulty settings do not belong in JRPGs, at all, because of the use of turn-based text windows, the post-game material, and the fact that you'll still overlevel your opponents. Haven't you learn anything from Extra Creditz's video about Pokemon difficulty curve? It's suppose to be one of those games that suppose simple to play through(the basic elements like type effectiveness and switch outs) but hard to master (Effort Values and Individual Values).

Can I have a link to this video? I can't seem to find it anywhere (I did find Penny Arcade's Extra Credits videos—you know, the industry commentary—, though, so it's kind of funny how that works…)

If a challenge mode were introduced, I'd suggest to create a second storyline and send the player to all of the Gyms a second time around, challenging much more difficult teams. The badges can be enhanced versions, like having a golden treatment to them or something. Once all badges are collected again, the final E4 of the game has something like Lv.80 Pokémon with all the extra experience you've been gaining. There can even be a new Victory Road, and you can't rechallenge the E4 until you are eligible the second time, instead of being able to go right back. New benefits can be tied to the second round of badges, and thus you can for instance have Lv.70 trades stop obeying you with all eight "normal" Badges, etc. (No using high-level Events the first time!)

It would be neat if the second storyline goes through new areas that have the much tougher Pokémon you can train against.

Admit it, you like this idea.

Cyclone

I might keep a copy of this idea in my Project Aeonn folder…seriously, it's that good, especially since it fits very well with how big I made my Aeonn region. It's a pity, though, that I haven't gotten around to posting stuff about it online (but maybe I shouldn't since I'm planning to actually make the game…?)

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Doesn't really matter how well respected a person that has nothing to do with the actual company is says. Spiritomb wasn't made to be evil and nothing official says it is evil. If the user thinks that Spiritomb is evil then that's simply his opinion, not fact. Neither of its Pokedex's say its evil. In the anime episode it was sealed away for causing misdeeds as all Ghost Pokemon do. It was sealed away by a passing aura monk who didn't take kindly to Spiritomb's tormenting. When it was accidentally awoken it rampaged out of anger. A lot of animals do that too when provoked. Doesn't make them evil.

Wouldn't it not be an opinion if it was proven wrong by the official info of Spiritomb?

Can I have a link to this video? I can't seem to find it anywhere (I did find Penny Arcade's Extra Credits videos—you know, the industry commentary—, though, so it's kind of funny how that works…)

Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWFzFsHc75U&list=UUCODtTcd5M1JavPCOr_Uydg&index=114

Guy

just a guy
Years
It's the 12th, so we may be getting some CoroCoro scans later tonight. I'm not expecting much other than more movie details with a new poster perhaps, and maybe some extra details on Newtwo.

...a name would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back