• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The User Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Throw parties for PC members and celebrate their awesomeness! With par-tay-ing Dragons!!

This is the thread where you can show your appreciation to anyone on PC for any reason! The catch? You have to make sure to mention them in your post!

Whether they just be a friend, and you want to remind them of how awesome they are, or maybe you met a new member that you want to give a shoutout to? Or heck, has a mod or regular member done anything really outstanding and you wanted to say thanks, but don't necessarily want to leave a VM? Maybe you just want to give your appreciation to more members here or even old members here, too! Here's the place to post!

All and all, think of this of being like the "Dear Anonymous" thread, but with positive feedback and not remaining Anonymous! Anywho, with all this, I really do hope you'll enjoy this thread and what it offers. :3

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I wanna give a shoutout to my Outbreak RP guys. I keep praising them, but they've really made the RP an enjoyable experience. I wasn't sure I would continue doing it a bit ago after we lost so many RPers, but they kept strong and powered through, which has given me motivation as well. :) So thank you: gimmepie, Animus, Varys, Foxrally, Oddball, and Nolafus.

Also want to say thank you to every, single member that has participated in our Minecraft Ultra Hardcore events. You guys have made me look forward to 4PM on Saturdays and it's always such an exciting thrill to play with you. Thank you so much for being there and making each weekend a success! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Shout out to Aslan for being generally super awesome and having great taste in music and always making late nights and weekends a lot more fun!

also olli is my best friend in the whole entire world and i love him more than life itself and want his face hanging up on my wall

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Shoutout to literally every single active ROM Hacker out there, as you guys have the creativity, mindset, and skills that are well beyond my own/the normal person. I don't post there that often, but I do like to visit there from time to time just to skim at the projects people are working on.

Seriously, you guys are extremely talented. Never give up on your hobbies y'all. You can go far in life with that kind of passion.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Much needed thread IMO

Anyway, I'd like to thank the academy my staff for the BreadCraft server, [MOD]Twilight_Moon, [MOD]SalladGbg, [CHATOP]Tetra for all of the work they've put into the world while I installed and configured plugins, startup scripts, crontabs, and other nonsense. We'd be nowhere without you guys, and would never be abound for PC, so... from the bottom of my heart, thank you. :)

Foxrally rally really deserves a mention as well. I really like seeing him around TT, and I wanna say folks like him make sticking around a lot easier. He's really easygoing and knows how to take it easy, and I like that ;)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Shoutout to Sophie, aka Aslan, for being an amazing person and a great friend. If it hadn't been brought up from the start of when I got to know you, I would've never believed that you weren't older than you are. You're incredibly mature for your age, and that shines in both your opinions and the way you express yourself. I've already told you this, but if you'd stayed active in PoC, you would've definitely been my suggestion as a moderator (not to discredit Wicked, he's great!) You're a super witty person, and I usually always find you entertaining to talk to. Keep it up, with those qualities, I'm certain you'll come far in life! My only complaints to you are the fact that you don't have enough Mads Langer songs on your plug.dj playlist, and that I really wish you'd joined the IRC chat back in 2012 >:[

Shoutout to Chase, aka Castform! I don't have a whole lot to say, because despite having known each other for so long, we haven't talked an awful lot outside of the LoL matches and group chats. But despite that, you have the kind of personality that's easy to mesh with, and I find you really easy to talk to. You're outgoing and humorous, and I often enjoy reading your posts here on PC, because they they really show that side of you. Overall I find you to be a really good friend, and I'm happy you came back :) Also you play a mean Miss Fortune!

Shoutout to Tom, aka Sheerow. Even though he's not around anymore, he made quite the feat by making it out from my death wish list (due to formatting his posts with blue cabin sketch) just from the first time we spoke. While most of our interactions have been through LoL, that was still enough to show how cool a guy he is, and from a PC standpoint, I often found his posts to be interesting. To the point where I could bear reading through blue Cabin Sketch ;) But yeah, I really miss him, and wish he would come back!

Shoutout to TwilightBlade, for being one of the nicest people on PC and one of the best friends I have. I've always looked up to you, just how much of an amazing person you are. You're really selfless in a lot of your actions, and I've seen you many times not be hesitant to take out hours of your day, just to help others; even if you don't even know the person that well. I always enjoy talking to you, and I'm flattered that you still keep coming on borderlandsproz just to talk to me. The day you leave PC, I'll be devastated, so I hope to see you a few years longer at least! Oh also I'm happy you switched back to TwilightBlade i missed it

Shoutout to Alex, aka Squirrel for being my best friend for the past 3-4 years. We met at a time where I'd kinda felt abandoned by two of my best friends IRL. At the time, I wasn't even that much into Pokemon, and I just went on PC because I knew a few people there, and felt like the PC IRC was probably the best social experience I was gonna get at the time. And there you were, super outgoing and talkative. I honestly don't remember how we managed to get to talk so quickly, but it didn't take long before I ended up joining your club channel, despite not even having joined the club at the time. But it didn't take long for me to realize that you were a really cool person, and if it hadn't been for our interaction that day, I highly doubt I would have even stayed on PC. It's funny to think about how such small decisions as leaving an IRC channel too quickly could've perhaps made you miss 4 years of friendship.

But yeah, you're a great person! You have so many good qualities, it'd take ages to list them all, and there's no question that you're the person I'd consider my best friend. And while we do fight from time to time, the fun times that we share outweighs whatever bad blood that might cause by a huge margin, and I really can't imagine the last few years of my life not knowing you.

Last edited:
Years
Shoutout to Archer99 for being such a great friend in my short time here on PC. He's the only person here I can comfortably talk to here, and that really means a lot to me, because I don't have many people in real life who I feel comfortable talking to. Apart from that, his battling skills are superb, and he's usually willing to battle me, even though I usually get crushed 6-0.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
Years
Also want to say thank you to every, single member that has participated in our Minecraft Ultra Hardcore events. You guys have made me look forward to 4PM on Saturdays and it's always such an exciting thrill to play with you. Thank you so much for being there and making each weekend a success! :D

I'd like to double on that. My Saturdays were greatly improved when the Minecraft Events happened. Last Saturday's event with Skygrid and then the storytime bit put me in a better mood for the rest of the night and I have you all in the MCUH to thank for, so a shoutout to every player during those events. Another thank you shoutout to Klippy for hosting all these events and being a good pal to me too.

Much needed thread IMO

Anyway, I'd like to thank the academy my staff for the BreadCraft server, [MOD]Twilight_Moon, [MOD]SalladGbg, [CHATOP]Tetra for all of the work they've put into the world while I installed and configured plugins, startup scripts, crontabs, and other nonsense. We'd be nowhere without you guys, and would never be abound for PC, so... from the bottom of my heart, thank you.
1.%20smile.gif

Right back at ya, buddy.

Shoutout to Archer99.
I can completely agree with this statement as well.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I appreciate Abnegation for putting up with my random whining and my greiving the loss of Charmeleon and Fletchinder in my Wonderlocke. <3 thanks bae

I appreciate Klippy for basically everything and I'm super proud of him, I might add. :) Love you, fool! By the looks of it, plenty of others do too. :P

Thank you Dragon for this thread's return and I think this is the perfect place for it to go!

And as always, I appreciate the regulars in Challenges. I have had a bit of an absence there the past few months cause I just haven't been into Pokemon, but I really cannot express enough how grateful I am for you all. And shoutout to Necrum for having great leadership in there. Couldn't have asked for a better successor and partner. I look forward to everything you plan for the forum, as always!

Years
Shoutout to Archer99 for always being so friendly. You're definitely one of the nicest faces on the forum and I hope that won't ever change.. you're truly a gift here and we all appreciate you. :) You've been maturing a lot over time and I'm really proud of that.

Also want to say that I appreciate Lisia for being a bubbly, inviting, and overall charming person. We don't talk as much as I'd like but you're one of my favorite people here from what I do see of you. Stick around for a long while! And don't ever change your username because it's amazing.

Have a ton of love to give out to Pidgey and Squirrel. You've no idea how much I miss having you both on staff but no complaints since you're still around as active members. You two are way too sweet.

Anyone who hasn't done so should also get to know both Aisu and Orpheus. Aisu, I appreciate how easy you are to talk to and you're always the first one to run to when I want to ramble about something anime-related. Orpheus, you contribute a lot to the forum and have been growing plenty as a member lately. Keep on keeping on.

(Who should I write about in my next post, I wonder..)

Years
I really want to thank my little friend squad, Aquacorde and Juno (and Wobbu :P). You're are some of my best friends on PC and I'm really glad to be able to talk to you every day. ily guys so much <3

Shoutout to Aquacorde for being such an amazing friend. Thank you so much for listening to my problems and always having my back. You're the most down-to-earth and caring person I know here, and I really appreciate everything you do, both for me and the forums.

Juno, you're also an amazing friend, and I always love talking to you. I have so much fun with you, whether it be on the Minecraft server, on plug.dj, or playing Cards Against Humanity. Stick around, you're a great person and I really enjoy your company.

Wobbu, you're okay sometimes.

also

Thank you to Klippy for being a great friend and organizing so many awesome Minecraft events. I looked forward to Saturdays while we were doing UHCs and Skygrid. Keep making more events, I really do have a blast with them. And thank you for everything you've done for VG (along with El Héroe Oscuro and Dragon) and the forums in general. :)

And shoutout to the PC Minecraft server regulars. You guys are awesome and I'm really glad to be able to play with you so often. Really, thank you for making Minecraft much more enjoyable for me. Stay awesome.

Last edited:
Years
Also want to say that I appreciate Lisia for being a bubbly, inviting, and overall charming person. We don't talk as much as I'd like but you're one of my favorite people here from what I do see of you. Stick around for a long while! And don't ever change your username because it's amazing.
Thank you, Sheep!
tumblr_md0rkvRkjx1qk1or3.gif

I have already talked about how great you are in other threads like this but I forgot one thing! You created it a long time ago, but thanks for making the Cute Pokemon Club! It's my favorite among the Pokemon Fan Clubs. :)
Don't worry, I won't be leaving here anytime soon! In the 3 months so far that I've been a member, PC has become my most visited site already. It's because the userbase is filled with friendly people like you, Dragon, Hikamaru, and many others that make it worth coming back to every day.

Now for other shoutouts:

Dragon! Thanks for being so kind to all the new users (like I was at one time) and also for all the interesting events you have going on at the Video Games Forum... like my personal favorite, the Video Game Music Awards! Additionally, you also create a lot of great topics in various forums across the site. Lastly, thanks for chatting with me from time to time in VMs about video games and such. ^_^

Meloetta, I only just recently started talking to you, though I remember you greeting me on my Welcome Thread... but you're a cool person from what I can tell. :) You have a way with your wording in posts that just articulates your thoughts so well, and I really admire that. Also, you've created some interesting new threads in the Video Game forum this past week! I'd love to continue chatting with you some more about anything~

Some people I've never even talked to but I think are cool from what I see them post on forums:

Harley Quinn, obZen, and The Dark Avenger... you all have very intelligent things to say in the D&D forums and this even translates onto topics in other forums like General- er... or what's now called The Treehouse. Harley Quinn in particular deserves a special shoutout because she's created some of what I think are the most interesting threads on the former General Chat. I don't even know you, Harley Quinn, but from what I've seen you post, you have a wisdom beyond your years and I see you going places in life. I don't even know if you'll see this, but imho I can totally see you being a mod for D&D.

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
Gimmiepie, he went out of his way to teach me more about the Roleplay Corner than most would ever do.

Sheep, always is nice and is a great friend.

Hikamaru, alway a chill person to talk to and is there if you need her. Plus a great Mentor! ^_^

Dragon, really is a great mod, show kindness plus also does his job in a fun, interesting way!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Sonata for engaging me with long, long IMs and making me smile with his opinions. I know we've only shortly known each other, but you already like me and same I do you... I hope you understand what it means when I say I haven't enjoyed walls of text like this since my ex c;

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Oh boy, I love this thread, so much luv going around :D

370.gif

I have to start off with Inyotef (AKA Alex/Senusret/Set/Horus). He's one of the nicest, active and most awesome people on PC I know. Literally anyone can come up and talk to him and feel perfectly comfortable since he's so friendly. His posts are fun to read, insightful although his jokes are horrible and it's obvious he really loves this community. I'll admit it, in most discussion threads when I try to determine if my post is concise and long enough, I go ahead and read Set's post first as comparison (hence his writing style has really rubbed on to me). If PC was a family Alex would be grandma who watches over everyone at family reunions and makes sure they have a good time :D It's also thanks to him that I can say I'm part of the cool kids club supporters - he's basically the Santa of PC <3

Spoiler: Set, god of PC
b7b048112b.jpg

I also really want to acknowledge the awesomeness of the RPing/Plug.dj crew, gimmepie, Sonata and Klippy. All three of them take part RPs I'm in, and they're also really active on the supporter Plug.dj room. gimmepie, as despicable as he is, is a really fun guy to talk to and one the best roleplayers and writers I know - he makes interesting characters and is a great GM too. Sonata is an awesome guy to talk to in general, whether it concerns RPing or not. Despite being new to RPing he's an amazing writer , and he also has the strength to bear my wonderful puns :D Klippy is an amazing writer, an even better GM (god damn his plot twists are mind-blowing) and a great person to talk to. No wonder he got upgraded to Supermod :D

Finally I want to acknowledge my newly found spirit-person Nakala Pri. Despite her overall randomness and weirdness, she's actually super fun to talk to and was the first person to acknowledge the SMASHING nature of my profile. I enjoy every VM I have with her, even if they make no sense whatsoever. Her posts are also funny to read and she's overall a likable and fun person who's generally easygoing and relaxed.

Also shoutouts to adventure, Nolafus, Odball and Animus who the RPC wouldn't be the same wihout for me, as well as Larry for introducing to the amazing comic world of Ava's Demon and mimimahboul for being the actual person who encouraged me to get off hiatus and letting me meet all these awesome people :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'd like to thank Squirrel for being the person he is! Despite the fact that he made me late for my dentist appointment yesterday and told me to skip it by knocking all my teeth out, I still love him for never failing to make my day and helping me with decisions such as what sushi to buy at the store or what song to listen to next. Honestly if it hadn't been for you, I don't think I'd be half the person I am today so rock on. :]

I'd also like to take a moment to say YEAH PIDGEY for sharing the name of my favourite cousin, Olli and teaching me how to tl;dr everything I touch. Seriously though, you're great. I value our friendship as much as I value the idiot above so thanks a bunch! Also pffft, we need to talk more before you can complain about my lack of Mad Langer songs. :(

OKAY MY FINGERS ARE ALREADY DYING BUT I'D ALSO LIKE TO SEND MY LOVE TO:

Zeffy for being Zeffy, Derk for never failing to make me jealous of his job at Universal Studios, Castform for being a great friend to hang out with, Dragon for being the sweetest person I know, srinator for never failing to tell me that I suck and Aurora for enlightening me on the mental capacity of raccoons.

Group shoutouts involve the plug.dj gang, those who regular the MC server and the battle server regulars! You all rock.

Anyway that's it for now! I'm sorry if I forgot anyone but my mind's drifting off at the moment. ):

Sirfetch’d

I know that I'm going to leave a lot of people out of this but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate every single member here because I do!

First of I want to show my love for Dragon for not only being a great friend who introduced me to the greatest game ever, but for being one of(if not) the best members PC has ever seen. Shawn is so welcoming and cares so much for his forums and does an amazing job tending to them all. Great job buddy!

I want to send a shoutout to my LoL homies: Pidgey, Aslan, Squirrel, Razer302, and Dragon(again!) for providing me with amazing times playing 5 man premade fails or even dominations!! Can't wait to start playing more with you all especially when URF returns 8D Alex is the best player I know at champs that no one else even remembers that they exist(Quinn, Urgot, Yorick????) at least he breaks da meta :DDD. Olli, I may play a mean Miss Fortune but you play an even meaner Thresh when we duo lane together. definitely the reason I get fed ;) Sophie aka queen of Pentakill Akali is someone I would never want to face midlane :s I hope I influence you to love ADC someday. Shawn you are the reason I even play this game <3 Also you're the best ADC NA. And Gale aka you are my ARAM buddy 4life <3

I want to thank [tier=admin]Morkula[/tier] as well for always being there if I need something. Even though I'm not the most open person, he always lets me know I can tell him anything if needed and that makes him super awesome. Not to mention he is really fun to talk to!

Special thanks to user shenanigans as well. I know we don't talk much anymore mostly due to us both being invisible on Skype :( But he's an amazing guy who is really funny and sweet who everyone should get a chance to know if they haven't already!

I kinda cringe a little acknowledging Christos because of how inferior he is to everyone(i'm kidding ilu). Christos you're an amazing mod, friend, and clan teammate who should be the king of Spheal land. I just hope you allow Castforms in Spheal world :x

Also a special shoutout to ever Battle Server member who is new or old. Without you guys the server definitely wouldn't be what it is today so you all deserve huge praise for that.

One last one. I was going to leave this one out for reasons but I know how I feel about it so adding it anyways. I want to thank Sheerow for being the best person in my life for almost 3 years. We aren't friends anymore for reasons I can't explain nor want to go into but that doesn't change the fact that my life has definitely been better since he was a part of it. Maybe one day things will change and we can accept each other's faults but for now I just want to say I love you dude and always will no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back