• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shinies.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
Yes. They have a sparkling circle around them when they appear.

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
Maybe thats cause he's a legendary, like Milotic in XD Gale of Darkness has blue sparkles around it in battle.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
But it's not shiny. Why would my groudon, whom had never been shiny up to this point, suddenly been shiny?

and I don't think blue sparkles qualify as shiny. that's not an actual color difference.

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
No it has blue sparkles because thats the way they made Milotic in Gale of Darkness. Maybe in revoulution they made Groundon have sparkles around it, just like Kyogre might have too.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
But that doesn't mean it's shiny. c.c Shiny pokemon ahve alternate colors to them. they're just also recognized by a brief sparkle as they come out of the ball.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
You mean ball capsule, and I wasn't aware that they had integrated ball capsules in PBR.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
Years
No, I meant the specific ball. Each ball has a different burst of light, which I know from trying different Pokeball types myself both in D/P and PBR. A friend of mine had his team in capsules, but they didn't show the effects when we did a DS Battle. I know because I looked for the letter seals he had put on his whole team.

от_Ian

Original Trainer
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 7, 2007
Well, I don't see how it would make the pokemon sparkle, but I guess the money is on 'it's shiny when it comes out' which is different from 'it's shiny the whole damn battle.'

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
Like I said, it's the ball effect. :D

Agreed! I have never owned a shiny pokemon and yet some of my pokemon when thrown into field comes up with sparkles. it is ball effect. -agrees with Ichida- ^^

Back