Advertiser Content

Kurapika

Male
Lavendar Town
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
910 posts
6.8 Years
This is not surprising at all to be honest.
Introducing new Mega evolutions is highly unlikely in my opinion!
G3T - GEN 3 TOOLS ( Windows / Android )

colours

magical leaf

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 23 Hours Ago
5,501 posts
14.6 Years
eh.

it's nice, but i wonder if this means that they'll be introducing new mega evos this time around...? perhaps not, but one can hope.

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Well seeing as a Kanto centric game hasn't had an update since FRLG when Generation 3 mechanics(along with Generation 2 Genders/Breeding) were introduced, I'd say this is long overdue and expected. With Mega Evolutions being added, I would not be shocked if new Mega Evolutions are added, particularly if they add a Rematch function for Gym Leaders.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
828 posts
2.6 Years
Well seeing as a Kanto centric game hasn't had an update since FRLG when Generation 3 mechanics(along with Generation 2 Genders/Breeding) were introduced, I'd say this is long overdue and expected.
Exactly. It seems like a lot of people, when these games got introduced, were pretty mad at the fact that "it was Kanto yet again" when in fact, that region has actually not been seen recently outside of a port of the first generation. Granted, there is also HGSS, but Johto was the focus of those games. It's probably because of the merchandising and pandering in recent generations that has made us think that we've seen too much of the Kanto region when in fact they're trying to bring a region that has now outdated mechanics by today's standards. Well, it was the 20th anniversary so it makes sense, and XY was trying to be the opposite of BW, especially considering the latter alienated a few fans.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Will Erika have Gloom as her Ace? What about Koga and having a team full of Venonats or will he be similar to Blue/Red
Hard to say but based on what I've seen, its more towards Pokemon Yellow with Team Rocket(J&J) in the games. Whether that applies to Gym Leaders and their respective teams, I don't know. Mega Evolution throws a quirk into this too, implying a rematch function for Gym Leaders I would think or at the very least making Elite Four that much harder.

Rivvon

Age 26
Female
USA
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,639 posts
12.6 Years
From what I've heard, the games don't let you evolve into gen 4 Pokémon (like no Magmar into Magmortar) or even fan-favorite gen 2 Pokémon like Espeon and Umbreon, keeping it very strictly gen 1-only. So it seems like the addition of Mega Evolution is to help make the game even easier to complete, rather than for the sake of appeasing fans of Mega Evolution.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate

Male
Raftel, New World
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
878 posts
10.5 Years
With only a few weeks away from the release, I wonder when will they reveal new Mega Evolutions or similar form/es? As far as I remember, ORAS revealed new MEs and Primal Reversion way earlier, USUM revealed Ultra Necrozma near the release...
Advertiser Content