• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Rate my teamXD

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
What do you guys think?

Alolan ninetails

Alolan golem

Blastoise

Alakazam

Dodrio

Arcanine

Any suggestions?

Dare I ask what version you're playing on? To have Ninetales and Arcanine means you either need to trade or you have one ready to import from Pokemon GO already. As for the team...

Alolan Ninetales(Ice/Fairy) <- covers Grass, Flying, Ground, Dragon, Fighting and Dark, hence is solid against Lance and Bruno, Even does well against Lorelei although there are better options out there with regards to her specifically. If you can get it early enough, it does fairly well against Erika and Giovanni too.

Alolan Golem(Rock/Electric) <- interesting choice I must admit. Defeats Blaine quite easily with its Rock Typing(same with anyone using Flying Types) but otherwise doesn't seem to do well against anyone else. Lorelei would crush it with Water moves(despite being vulnerable to Electric/Rock moves), as would Bruno with Fighting. Giovanni would beat it hard with Ground(x4) so I'm not so sure on this one.

Blastoise(Water) <- Seems to fill the same role that Alolan Golem would against Fire Types while also covering Rock and Ground. Can Mega Evolve so I don't really see any problems with this pick.

Alakazam(Psychic) <- Covers Fighting and Poison quite well so Bruno, Koga and even Agatha aren't going to last long. Granted it'll be a battle of attrition on Agatha seeing as its not Generation 1 anymore(so Ghost will be able to fight back).

Dodrio(Flying/Normal) <- Covers Bug, Grass, Fighting and can be used against Ghost since its immune to those moves. It does learn a Dark Type move but seems to overlap with other Pokemon in your team.

Arcanine(Fire) <- Covers Grass, Bug, Ice and Steel. Pikachu version exclusive Pokemon whose a solid pick, although overlaps with Dodrio on a few.

Overall your team covers Grass, Water(albeit poorly with reciprocal vulnerability to Water), Fire, Rock, Bug, Ground, Flying, Dragon, Ice, Steel, Dark and Ghost. Still leaves Normal, Electric, Psychic, Fairy and Water to a degree. Here's what I'd do:

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm playing let's go eevee. You can get an arcanine in virmillion city if you caught 5 meowths.

Unless the article Bob wrote for Daily is wrong, Arcanine is available in LGE if you've caught 5 Growlithe's, not Meowth's. Granted in the long run, it doesn't really matter what your team is. It's just you'll have a tough time against Lorelei unless you use Alolan Ninetales since most of what she has is part Water Type and will shred Alolan Golem due its slow speed(so even its Electric and Rock moves that are Super Effective against her won't do much good if you get KO'd before you can move). Maybe consider swapping Alolan Golem for Magneton so that you get a good counter for Lorelei without being completely vulnerable to reciprocation. The Steel Typing also counters Fairy Types, a positive outcome as I see it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm Rock/Flying, Grass/Psychic, Ghost/Poison, Water, Fire and Rock/Electric. As I said before, if you're using Alolan Golem to counter Water Types, its going to end badly. If Exeggutor is dealing with Water Types, then what is Alolan Golem's purpose? I suppose countering Flying Types or Bug Types but there isn't a Gym involving those and Vaporeon can handle Flying with Aurora Beam and Arcanine(or Aerodactyl) crushes Bugs. If its to counter Ice, Aerodactyl's speed wins here despite its clear vulnerability to Water and Ice moves. Heck Kabutops would have better luck against Lorelei being a Water/Rock Type since its Water Typing reduces its vulnerability.

I'd reorganize the team again but as I said before, it really doesn't matter what team you use. Having fun and using what you like is ultimately what matters. However, if you wanted a suggestion, here's what I'd go with:

Eevee(Normal Type starter)
Alolan Ninetales(Ice/Fairy)
Ninetales(Fire) or Arcanine(Fire)
Vaporeon(Water) or any Water Type
Exeggutor(Grass/Psychic)
Nidoking/Nidoqueen(Poison/Ground) or something you like(basically a flex play).

Back