FireRed Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition Page 35

Started by colonelsalt January 2nd, 2016 1:11 PM
  • 877 replies
Male
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted October 1st, 2019
2 posts
4.7 Years
Did a 2 completely different run by never stealing pokemon/ always stealing pokemon while making different poketeams and heres my opinions;
Loved the little events like beating mr pshyic or beating up the policeman / lover of "worker girl"' and then giving said girl a job. Playing as bad rocket way easier since you can have kinda decent team and you actually get items. (when i was good police never gave me items).

I hope this hack gets finished since in both plays it didnt feel repetitive since in my second playthrough i tried to not battle with men and older people before getting promoted to capture more pokemon.

Things i wish will be added;
fake pokemon trainer id
exp share from rocket gifts. (or all items being obtainable from police or rocket hideout)
after robbing the pokemart being able to buy stones etc. from rocket shop (also more but overpriced items in rocket shop)
Being good felt lacking compared to being evil so maybe something to compare
Theres nothing to use crowbar for (?)

Bugs (?) ;
Theres an invisible npc at the cave (theres no sprite but can bump into and interact with it)
after red comes inside the building(dont recall its name, the building that we normally get masterball from) if you go back everyone is the same like nothing happened
Police never gave me items in my good person playthrough
Some shops allowed me buy stuff like regular gameplay despite me having big bounty
I got an fossil in my bag and no clue how i got it (other than the one in museum)

Xtimertx

Xtimertx

Male
Titusville FL
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
8 posts
69 Days
Did a 2 completely different run by never stealing pokemon/ always stealing pokemon while making different poketeams and heres my opinions;
Loved the little events like beating mr pshyic or beating up the policeman / lover of "worker girl"' and then giving said girl a job. Playing as bad rocket way easier since you can have kinda decent team and you actually get items. (when i was good police never gave me items).

I hope this hack gets finished since in both plays it didnt feel repetitive since in my second playthrough i tried to not battle with men and older people before getting promoted to capture more pokemon.

Things i wish will be added;
fake pokemon trainer id
exp share from rocket gifts. (or all items being obtainable from police or rocket hideout)
after robbing the pokemart being able to buy stones etc. from rocket shop (also more but overpriced items in rocket shop)
Being good felt lacking compared to being evil so maybe something to compare
Theres nothing to use crowbar for (?)

Bugs (?) ;
Theres an invisible npc at the cave (theres no sprite but can bump into and interact with it)
after red comes inside the building(dont recall its name, the building that we normally get masterball from) if you go back everyone is the same like nothing happened
Police never gave me items in my good person playthrough
Some shops allowed me buy stuff like regular gameplay despite me having big bounty
I got an fossil in my bag and no clue how i got it (other than the one in museum)
The fake trainer I'd is already in this version you have to go to koga and accept his mission then he will give you a fake employee ID for the saffori zone after you get surf from the gift house you give it to koga and he will give you a trainer I'd but before you go to the saffori zone go to warddens house go behind click a and that will scare him and make his teeth fall out cause the guy at the desk will call the wardden to make sure you actually work for them but with out his teeth the guy won't understand him so he will let you through also it is still being worked on it's just coming along slowly since he doing it all his self

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.

Female
Seen October 3rd, 2019
Posted October 3rd, 2019
16 posts
4.1 Years
Looks like a lot of cool new features are planned to be thrown our way, i'm glad you constantly are considering what features could be added while you progress the story releases though i can't help but feel like the VS Seeker for Rockets would be more like a Revenge Seeker XD

Also by differing dialogue do you only mean when talking to who you stole from (especially if rematching them) or will random trainers and rockets mention what you stole?
Uh, if I have save files from my old game how can I change to female character, while already having progress up to 2nd beta, I've done much and grinded lots having many levels and bounty.
The People Of Depression Shall Be Remembered With Smiles And Not Sadness..In Addition Misery Sympathizes and Empathizes All Of Us..Dead or Alive so Be Aware Of Those Who Are Watching Us Cause Maybe You Won't Be Here With Us Tomorrow...

Xtimertx

Xtimertx

Male
Titusville FL
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
8 posts
69 Days
Uh, if I have save files from my old game how can I change to female character, while already having progress up to 2nd beta, I've done much and grinded lots having many levels and bounty.
There currently is no female character still there may be one after the next update as for your current save data for the game idk if your playing on computer and using a emulator on there or your phone but if your using a John gba emu all you do on the rom select screen is press down on rocket edition it will give options to delete press delete game only it will keep your save data then download a clean FireRed(v1.0) rom unarchive it then download the beta 3 ips from here use unipatcher to patch it to the FireRed rom after it's done patching it will say the same type of rom file name that it had when FireRed was unarchived but it will have (patched) next to it do not change the name it will make it a corrupted and will not show up when show once you search for it once it's patched go back to jgba emulator press the search button and it will show up again where you last saved but again this is for the John gba emu idk how the others work for patching

Illyasviel

video game hustler

Female
Chrysolia
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
21 posts
7.6 Years
Really love this ROM hack -- it honestly feels super surreal, and having read the Pokémon Adventures manga, it really gave me nostalgic vibes. One of the best and more interesting I have played to date.

A couple things I want to comment on:
1.) The game seems to reset randomly for me, but it's somewhat of a rare occurrence. (Edit: It happens when I navigate my items near the cellphone.) The admin back sprite is missing for me as well.
2.) I can't help but notice that Lance refers to the legendary beasts as "dogs". It just feels out of place in a Pokémon game, as every language calls them "beasts" (and in any case, it's been confirmed numerous times that while the original designs were based on dogs, the ones we have now were based on cats after they were unsatisfied with the first ones). For the sake of polish, "three legendary beasts" is both clear and accurate.
3.) Edit: Ignore this, I had given up and dumped Haunter before Lv. 40 to realize.

Aside from that, this clearly has a lot of work put into it, and is one of the very few hacks that doesn't have an awful level curve. Keep up the great work!
Male
Online now
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
13 posts
3.2 Years
Uhm trade pokemon already evolve with level...

There is the list of pokemon that evolve with level... i think i posted that one here before:
Kadabra -> Alakazam: Level 33
Machoke -> Machamp: Level 45
Graveler -> Golem: Level 40
Haunter -> Gengar: Level 40
Onix -> Steelix: Level 36
Seadra -> Kingdra: Level 50
Scyther -> Scizor: Level 44
Porygon -> Porygon2: Level 36
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5 posts
1 Years
OK, so I've played this hack a few times, and I really love it. I can't praise it enough, and I can't wait for the final release. (Uhh, no pressure tho) And for others reading, I do get a bit spoiler-y, sooo. Ye. (Oh, and I go off on long tangents. Sorry in advance!) I'll mostly talk about the characters I like.

I've had a couple minor glitches, to start. I remember fighting Mr. Psychic and I think I used substitute. When the substitute broke, another one came to replace it. Then another. Then another. Then another. This went on forever, so I had to turn off my game. Not sure what's up with that, but hey. Figured I might say something. I haven't run into anything else, I think. Nothing significant, as far as I can remember.

This story is so fun, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how it incorporates multiple fan theories (*cough*Blues Raticate*cough*) as well as manga elements (like Surge being a smuggler) It's very clever, and everything ties together very nicely. The side missions are also pretty fun, and expose an even darker side of kanto, gotta love that. Hope we see more of the bad gym leaders later on.

I like that the player is not just a spectator, and that (s)he does affect the actual plot. (We'll get a "She," eventually, right?) I'm happy to see that we're important too!

I like that the starters are considered "warfare" pokemon. They're really special, I think, and they are pretty strong compared to your average 'mon, so I like to see them get this sort of treatment. It also explains why they're so rare. Starters should have a plot armor, I think. It just fits them well. An ace of someone like Red or Blue needs to be special.

I think this also helps to explain why a child might be strong/confident enough to try to fight actual criminals. They've got a pokedex, meaning they've got information about any potential opponent at their fingertips at all times, making battle much easier. Then add the fact that their 'mon is exceedingly rare, so most of their opponents won't really know how to handle it. (Not to mention, said 'mon is insanely strong and is owned by a very competent and competitive trainer.) Huh. Guess this could help explain why Red is so OP.

The starters being warfare pokemon would also explain why Oak even had them in the first place. (wait, was this foreshadowing? :0) Guess it also explains why Oak just made children go out and fill out the pokedex instead of doing it himself. Or maybe he's using Red fight in his stead? Red's been described as someone who was obsessed with battling, probably from a young age, too... Was he groomed ti fight Team Rocket?!? Omg. Man! You really have me going full Conspiracy Mode! This story really makes me think.

I'll keep going. I like that the Executives are relevant. (Well, maybe not as much Ariana, but she's got a kid, sooo) Petrel is literally perfect, and Archer is as serious as ever. His scene in *REDACTED* with *REDACTED* was perfect. Actually, I think that was my favorite mission. Made us realize how little we really know, and that the "good guys" might not be so good after all. It also developed two other great characters and gave me feels. Glad Red didn't psyduck up that mission for me lmao.

Oh, and as for Proton? He seems kinda pissy, I think that's just his personality though. He seems a bit upset when you become *REDACTED* after that mission. Speaking of that mission, were we ever told why *REDACTED* showed up there to fight you-know-who? (I'm sure you know what I mean)

Movong on, I love and hate Ronnie. Like, I love to hate him. He's such an ass. He's awful, but he does make some things a bit more interesting. But literally whenever he shows up, I'm just like, "Gosh DAMMIT NOOO GO AWAY," I wanna put him in his place soooo bad, like, LET ME AT HIM pls. I guess he's supposed to be like our friend, and that's why the player puts up with his muk, but still. I'm shocked Giovanni hasn't really done anything about him. Plus, he seems a lil creepy, just saying. There's some weird implications and events in this game, so maybe it's good we're not playing as a girl. Especially if we tried to go into the underground tunnels lmao.

But yeah, I really hope the player beats his ass, lmao. Especially after what he did to *REDACTED*. I really hope that person is okay. If they aren't, please let us wreck Ronnie once and for all. Because that was so messed up. I mean, I liked that scene, because it's so dark and so unlike pokemon, but at the same time I'm like, "aah, no! Not this character!" At the same time, y'know? Another person would be devastated, especially if they find out I was there and what if they got the wrong idea? I don't want them to be disappointed in me. Ughhh. This is great, I'm actually really worrying about what comes next!

Onto my new favorite, I love what you've done with Blue. Blue gave me all the feels. He's actually really polite and respectful towards the player after awhile, even calling us "Mr. Rocket," which I found a bit surprising. Makes me feel like his senpai or something lmao.

You gave us a new perspective on Blue, which I appreciate. I guess the reason he's so mean to Red is because of their screwed up relationship. Makes sense. Red's always been favored over Blue, even by his own grandfather. Ouch. And Red always wins for some reason, and even (albeit unintentionally) killed Blue's Raticate. He's rightfully upset because of all if this. Not to mention, Blue doesn't really have anyone in his life, except Daisy. Guess that's why he latched onto the player so quickly.

But maaaan... We know Blue's going to get berated by Oak after Red defeats him at the league. He's gonna get the "Oh, its 'cause you didn't love your pokemon and treat them with respect," typa muk, and ugh. Like, we know what's coming. And to hear this after his "Oh, why don't you just get a new Raticate, Blue? A stronger one." Ooh, imma beat Oak's ass tbh. At least Red is kinda unaware of it all. And while Ronnie is a total bastard, I think Oak upsets me more than anything.

It's easy to forget that Red and Blue are still children, when you look at their accomplishments and behavior. They both seem a bit more mature for their age, especially Red, but I still like that you have characters such as Giovanni remind us that they still are, in fact, actual children. It's kind of hard to see kids having to deal with these sorts of issues, especially Blue. You can clearly see the negative consequences this has on Blue, and this is probably why he's close to the player character, despite the fact they're a criminal. (Or maybe that's why-- because he knows Oak ain't cool with the Rockets?) We might be all he has left, now. The adults they're supposed to depend on and look up to really failed them. I got the feels. :(

Man, I can't think of anything else to say. Just know that this hack is fun af, and the characterization is wild. I can't wait to see more. I think I'm gonna go replay it again in the meantime.

Also, I wanna steal Bulbasaur, why can't I find him anywhere ://

"I'll put all the aides on you!" - God

Ace Trainer Blair

ROMhack Maniac

Non-binary
America
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
3 posts
90 Days
Cheers! Which emulator do you get that crash with? I recall only being able to reproduce that with some specific non-standard settings on MyBoy. (VisualBoyAdvance and MyBoy are my primary testing platforms, and everything works as it should on normal settings there as far as I can tell.)
Super late response, but I use mGBA. That's the emulator that the cellphone would crash.
Seen 31 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
2 posts
47 Days
Seadra
Hitmonlee
Raticate
Fearow
Jynx
Raichu
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
5 posts
1 Years
i think this hack is abandoned....

Nope, two weeks ago Colonel Salt commented on a video of someone who was doing a play-through of this hack and he said that the final release is coming within a few months. So we'll get it, just hold on a little while longer.

It won't let me post a link to the video, or a screenshot of the comment here, but the title of the video is "morally ambiguous... - Pokémon Fire Red: Rocket Edition (ROM HACK) #6" by lusterpurgepink.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy

Age 25
Male
Sitting in my room
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
1,063 posts
8.5 Years
Uf me muero de ganas por jugarlo y cuando lo descargo por aquí My Boy me pone unrecognised gba file
Q devo hacer???
El archivo de aquí es un parche. Debes aplicarlo al ROM de Pokémon FireRed (archivo .gba) usando el LunarIPS y ahí podrás jugarlo.

Name: Creamer
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile

Age 21
Male
London
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
93 posts
7 Years
As folks have pointed out, I'm posting a weekly summary of development time on Discord for the final release. Doing this so everyone can rest assured the hack is still in development every week, as most interesting progress screenshots are unfortunately likely to ruin one or several major plot events.

Nevertheless, here are a couple to ponder over from the last couple of weeks (robot trainer sprite by strange_kid):

Really appreciate all the support! :D
Advertiser Content