• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Swampert Tools Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
I keep getitng this error with gym edit.

Componet 'TABCTL32.OCX' (I have this already) or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

It's due to the fact that it's written in VB6 and not all the components are shipped with Windows anymore.

Have a look here, basically you just need to download and register the files you're missing, same for most errors you'll see like that when using hack tools.

Hope that helps!

Swampert 22

Years
Do you know how I can edit Boss Giovanni with RB Trainer Editor or any other way?

Well, Giovanni's data is structured a little differently to normal trainers, in that all his Pokémon have different levels. Currently this first version only supports the simple structure where all trainers Pokémon share the same level. Until I update the program, it won't work for Giovanni, Rival or Gym Leaders, which is OK as I've got a Gym Editor and a Rival editor that are downloadable.

To edit Giovanni's data search in a Hex Editor, I can't remember exactly where it is, but it should be around $3A000.

Swampert 22

Years
Oh right, thanks, aside that it's great and I'm using your Challenge! and RB Gym Editor so thanks again.

No problem, glad you find them useful! Good to see someone else hacking the first generation still! I'll probably get round to finishing the editor properly soon, as well as making it work with Yellow version!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
ALL GLORY TO SWAmPERT 22!

I can finally redo my rom Pokemon Ultra.

There is only one (or perhaps 2) tools i would need.

-A really full pokemon editor, like YAPE, to edit not only pokemon Stats types and Start moves.
If you make a tool who can change also the moves who every pokemon learn by level, , TM compatibility and method of evolution (level, trade and stones), I'll be grateful for life.

also, if you make a better tool for change moves, not only power and type, also precission, and can change easyly the secondary effects.

EDIT:

the new tools can't open roms. if y tried to open a hack rom, it didnt let do, and if I try with a normal one (recently downloaded), It says that that the file is no writable.

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
There is only one (or perhaps 2) tools i would need.

-A really full pokemon editor, like YAPE, to edit not only pokemon Stats types and Start moves.
If you make a tool who can change also the moves who every pokemon learn by level, , TM compatibility and method of evolution (level, trade and stones), I'll be grateful for life.

also, if you make a better tool for change moves, not only power and type, also precission, and can change easyly the secondary effects.

All of these things can be easily edited using a hex editor because they're very well documented and explained (check the link in my signature for docs and stuff regarding 1st gen hacking).

the new tools can't open roms. if y tried to open a hack rom, it didnt let do, and if I try with a normal one (recently downloaded), It says that that the file is no writable.
Try unchecking the "read-only file" checkbox in the file's property tab (Windows).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
All of these things can be easily edited using a hex editor because they're very well documented and explained (check the link in my signature for docs and stuff regarding 1st gen hacking).

Try unchecking the "read-only file" checkbox in the file's property tab (Windows).

Im going to try the uncheck the read only file.

and is hard to me, because i must before translate all those tutorials, and after do the changes on my rom-

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2012
Awesome tools. I, being the computer illiterate that I am, can finally make a hack of gen 1 :)

One question: Is it possible to give gym leaders more Pokemon than they originally had? With the gym leader tool, Brock is limited to 2, Misty is limited to 2... etc.

I'm guessing it's complicated (or impossible), but I'm willing to learn how to do this, since it's a pretty important aspect of my hack.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Awesome tools. I, being the computer illiterate that I am, can finally make a hack of gen 1 :)

One question: Is it possible to give gym leaders more Pokemon than they originally had? With the gym leader tool, Brock is limited to 2, Misty is limited to 2... etc.

I'm guessing it's complicated (or impossible), but I'm willing to learn how to do this, since it's a pretty important aspect of my hack.
It's somewhat "complicated" because you need to handle GB pointers before being able to do that, far from impossible though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
I'm sure all of this stuff is just dandy, but can someone tell me how to get them to work? I downloaded two but neither would do anything

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
I don't know if it's been said but I'm unable to open pokemon heart gold with pokeedit ds.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
pokemon gym edit error

I was at the swamperttools web page downloading tools for editing a red version. I can't get the Gym editor to open. When I try to open it I get "Component tabctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid." I have tried downloading this on to two different laptops coming up with the same thing. Whats wrong? I have even tried downloading from the link from the download in the beginning of this thread and I still get this error.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
I was at the swamperttools web page downloading tools for editing a red version. I can't get the Gym editor to open. When I try to open it I get "Component tabctl32.ocx or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid." I have tried downloading this on to two different laptops coming up with the same thing. Whats wrong? I have even tried downloading from the link from the download in the beginning of this thread and I still get this error.

I also forgot to add that this is for vista. The link above from an earlier comment was to a site that has the step by step process for everyone from windows XP and older. I lack the ability to find anything on vista.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Hello, Swampert 22! I remember having come here a while ago and going like "Wow, I have never seen any GBC tools this useful" and I remember spending a lot of time playing around with the tools ^o^

Now I see you've made even more tools...if I had any actual coding experience outside of Gen 3 (I'm still taking my baby steps) I would be so tempted to start a serious project.

I hope you continue to make more new tools right now in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back