• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Flame of Destiny

I'm planning to add a second rival with a Squirtle. What would be that rival's name?

• Gary (from FRLG)

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Freddie

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Pearl (from DP-Pt)

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
I voted for Gary, but you should name him Green, like in the manga, though...
I never read any manga series before... In the anime, his name is Gary.
It's still obviously copy and pasted from my thread, with a few changed details... You should rewrite the whole thread from scratch.
Oh, sorry! I just think things at random when I'm bored. If I have spare time, I may rewrite it from scratch. The Creation Myth of Sinnoh--I found it at Bulbapedia.
Are those seriously still the maps you're using for the actual game, or are you planning on making something with at least some style and interest?
I'll just add new houses at random, though Antler Town is the smallest town in the Bibbur-Si Continent. The map of Antler Town does not need to be changed. (NOTE: Twinleaf, New Bark, Littleroot, and Pallet have fewer houses than the rest.)

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Note to everyone viewing this thread: 4th Generation moves will be implemented in this game.

EDIT: To those who wanted to support this game, it is now easy to put userbars in your signature. I already changed the userbar area so that anyone can copy the code to place in their signature.

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
The Platinum battle system sounds really interesting - especially to a fellow Essentials user ^^. It'll be quite an achievement if you manage to complete it.

Best of luck, game looks like it's got potential. Just a few questions: what exactly is the difference between the new Storage system and the old one? Also, the plot is a little confusing; why exactly is Team C.A.T. torturing and training people?

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
The Platinum battle system sounds really interesting - especially to a fellow Essentials user ^^. It'll be quite an achievement if you manage to complete it.

Best of luck, game looks like it's got potential. Just a few questions: what exactly is the difference between the new Storage system and the old one? Also, the plot is a little confusing; why exactly is Team C.A.T. torturing and training people?
The old storage system has commands like Move, Release, Shift; the new one has Warp, Dismiss, Swap. It has a new interface unlike in RSE, that's why I call it new. I'm planning to make it 100 boxes. In the Bibbur-Si Continent, Team C.A.T. kidnaps Trainers to build a huge army to capture all the legendary Pokemon and rule the whole Pokemon world under an extremely strict rule without giving freedom to any Trainer. Any Trainer who is kidnapped, who disagrees Team C.A.T., will be tortured until the tortured Trainer agrees, that's why.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
UPDATE!

Ok, everyone. here is another update.
Inside the spoiler is a map of a city in the Bibbur-Si Continent. Can anyone guess this city's name?
Spoiler:

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Hate to say it, but that map is about as boring as it gets. Unless you were going for a cut-and-dry alpha map, that doesn't look good at all. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just that you should probably work on your mapping skills before making something like that for the public...

Reactions:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Hate to say it, but that map is about as boring as it gets. Unless you were going for a cut-and-dry alpha map, that doesn't look good at all. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just that you should probably work on your mapping skills before making something like that for the public...

I agree. But the main things are that it's square and empty. You need to make the border more natural, and either add more buildings or make the map smaller. Use the other grass tiles, too; using a single tile makes it look unnatural and boring. Finally, try to stick to one style of house; this doesn't include special buildings such as the daycare centre.

Oh, and my guess is "Taunting City". Not that it's a good name, but it's kinda obvious...

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Wichu guessed it! It's Taunting City. Actually, the daycare centre is in Route B, outside of Splashthorn City (soon to be revealed). Soon, I'll add the biographies of the Gym Leaders. There is still a bug when I added DP moves to the game. During the playtest, when Yanmega uses Air Slash on a Grass-type Pokemon, it displays as "not very effective" and when Absorb is used on Cyndaquil, it displays as "super effective". Anyone knew how to fix this?

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Aw, man! Blaziken is just layin' the punishment on Typhlosion!

Well, just when this project falls back through the pages, it manages to bonce back. Do you think you have enough info to move to Games Showcase now?

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
Aw, man! Blaziken is just layin' the punishment on Typhlosion!

Well, just when this project falls back through the pages, it manages to bonce back. Do you think you have enough info to move to Games Showcase now?
About Blaziken laying the punishment... Well, that reminds me of something about my best friend-his favorite Pokemon is Blaziken. I think this has enough info for me, but I'll add the biographies of the other Gym Leaders from Azruf soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back