• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Yes, the BETA will be out this week. I have a feeling the trainers will be a bit too easy :\ So I'll need my Beta testers to test it out.

Oh, and I need one more Beta tester!

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, un-shutting up.
If you're limiting the Pokemon to 150, what legendaries will you include, do you think?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Okay, un-shutting up.
If you're limiting the Pokemon to 150, what legendaries will you include, do you think?
Well, Entei of course.. I dunno about groudon though, I don't think there's enough space for two "Erupting" Pokemon... Unless you have an idea of some sort ;)

Celebi, will most likely be included, Jirachi, and one of the three legendary Birds. When the Hack is complete I'll release a patch that allows you to catch the other Legendary dogs/cats/mice whatever you want to call them. I should/could add more, but there aren't too many Legendary Pokémon you encounter on/around level 20 (except Rotom, and Regiggigas) meaning the hack should be extended to give the Player enough time to level his pokemon up to at least 35.

Wow, what a post... Well hope that answers it..

pokekingkian said:
ill do it ive played the alpha b4 and will give it try ;)
Give what a try? Being a beta tester?

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Two Erupting Pokemon...
I suppose you could make one the cause of the other... but really, I have no good ideas. What you could do is bring in Suicune as the key to 'neutralizing' Entei, or even try to do that with Groudon (say the one is ticked off that the other is erupting his volcano...) but again, I'm not really sure.
Whatever, you've done a great job so far. I'm sure this will continue to be a great hack. Keep it up!
Oh, and you could always insert some sort of Legendary egg, earlier in the game, but late enough that it will still have some serious catching up to do.
Personally, I think you should somehow include Mewtwo, because he is the incarnation of awesome. :)
But that's coming from a guy who thinks Blissey should be a legendary.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
I would gladly beta test for you!!! i'm really new here but i saw this hack about a week ago and i thought it looks absolutely amazing! you've done a great job on it so far, so even if i can't beta test i will be waiting for the beta to come out :)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I would gladly beta test for you!!! i'm really new here but i saw this hack about a week ago and i thought it looks absolutely amazing! you've done a great job on it so far, so even if i can't beta test i will be waiting for the beta to come out :)
I appreciate it, but it's as you said.. You're pretty new. You have to be -- this tall to enter xD. But on the bright side, you only have to wait a little while to play :)

Two Erupting Pokemon...
I suppose you could make one the cause of the other... but really, I have no good ideas. What you could do is bring in Suicune as the key to 'neutralizing' Entei, or even try to do that with Groudon (say the one is ticked off that the other is erupting his volcano...) but again, I'm not really sure.
Whatever, you've done a great job so far. I'm sure this will continue to be a great hack. Keep it up!
Oh, and you could always insert some sort of Legendary egg, earlier in the game, but late enough that it will still have some serious catching up to do.
Personally, I think you should somehow include Mewtwo, because he is the incarnation of awesome. :)
But that's coming from a guy who thinks Blissey should be a legendary.
I suppose so.. Or even Suicune can create some sort of Orb that neutralizes Groudon :)

Err, you think Blissey should be legendary? XDDD

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
I appreciate it, but it's as you said.. You're pretty new. You have to be -- this tall to enter xD. But on the bright side, you only have to wait a little while to play :)

thats alright, i didn't really expect you'd pick me but it was worth a shot xD i can't wait for the release now!

Good luck :)

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I suppose so.. Or even Suicune can create some sort of Orb that neutralizes Groudon :)

Err, you think Blissey should be legendary? XDDD

I didn't think of that. It would be an interesting twist, and I think there's actually a Special that activates the Orb script already (though that's probably only for Ruby).
Yes, I think Blissey should be a legendary. There's a sickening level of Legendary discrimination against pink puffballs.
Plus, Blissey is ridiculously awesome anyway.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

[edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I didn't think of that. It would be an interesting twist, and I think there's actually a Special that activates the Orb script already (though that's probably only for Ruby).
Yes, I think Blissey should be a legendary. There's a sickening level of Legendary discrimination against pink puffballs.
Plus, Blissey is ridiculously awesome anyway.
I would have to agree with you, but what about mew? :P

Hm...I supose I could be a better tester for you, I've been here for a while and this is one of the few games I've actually enjoyed.
I talk to EVERYONE and read EVERY sign, I even look at objects like painting and bookcases to see what they say XD (Wait...how can I do that?! The don't talk!)
I guess it doesn't matter if I don't because its being released this week anyway XD

[edit] And as soon as I get the ROM I'll start BETA testing, I've already got 6 clean FR roms.
Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon ;)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I would have to agree with you, but what about mew? :P
Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake! :)
Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, I've always preferred Mewtwo to Mew (and Blissey. Have I mentioned that Blissey is awesome? You should make the giant ultimate super-awesome Blissey that-)ahem, erm, where was I...
Yeah, Mew would be great, but where would you put him? Also, I've heard that if you catch Mew in the wild, he doesn't obey you...
You should have the Professor give Mew to you if you complete the regional dex (though that might get a little complicated to script, since you'd have to somehow seperate the Pokemon you include in your dex from those in the National and Kanto dexes). Or maybe you could stick Mew in that cave where you caught the Cyndaquil, for when you come back and revisit. Or maybe you could rescue it from team Knox.
There I go again. Well, where do you think you'll put Mew, if you include him?
Oooooh, I just had a thought. You should stick him under a truck somewhere for nostalgia's sake! :)
Ah well, keep up the good work! I'm looking forward eagerly to the next release.

EDIT: I just read through my own post and noticed how incredibly goofy it was... sorry about that.
Ooh, well I meant Mew as in you said they exclude pink Pokemon from being legendaries LOL Sorry about that... Mew would definitely cause a lot a problems, and It's not worth creating a time consuming ASM routine over..

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
Well.. You've seem to have persuade me. So, I'll allow you to Beta test! Expect a PM soon ;)
Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

[edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
This little thingy is doing better and better!

I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you ^^

EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
Um...so am I gonna get to beta test?! Not that I mind, ofcourse, but I've been worring all day thinking that I would be too late to beta test (Haven't had acess to a computer). Lol

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Um....Pm me sooner? I could be BETA testing right now...(And did I get picked due to the fact that people who have bad grammer and are new might not be good beta testers? XD)
Anyway, Yeah, Pm me as soon as possible.

[edit]: Oops... It seams I wrote "Better tester" Not "Beta Tester" in the post you quoted, Lol
Umm... When I meant BETA tester, I didn't mean it would be ready, instantly :P
But anyways, I replied to your PM.

This little thingy is doing better and better!

I'm back from the usual summer lazyness, so I just might finish the [VERY SECRET, ONLY COOLEY MAY SEE THIS INFORMATION] (lol) map for you sooner or later, I expect it finished in a day or two, I'll PM you ^^

EDIT: Mapped and sent. Don't read this!

Maybe I should just message you this... Well, done is done!
Lol! I got it.

I have bad news though, unfortunately. I decided to add one more event, like a storyline event, right before Eruption starts. And everything works perfectly, up until it's time to warp. When the warp starts, it makes the sound (0x9) but it doesn't finish.

I've been working on it for an hour or so, but if nothing works, I'll have to exclude it. It is a very good event too :(

FIXED!!! :):):)

This is what the event would've looked like(well, some of it):
1z3mc7d.png
2gxem2x.png

Btw, I made that large ball. And it's not an Overworld ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back