• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Apollo

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Kanto starters will probably be available next beta, you'll only be able to pick one though.

You can already buy Pokemon, I think i'll add an option somewhere. The only problem with that is, it'll be really easy to make money, if say you buy a 200 dollar pokeball catch a rattata sell it for more than 200. If it was a mass scale thing you could hit 999999 really easily. Legendaries will be featured post game, so that'll be quite awhile a way.

Then you could limit Pokeballs by making them only obtainable, not for sale.

And, hey, any plans of adding an element of distinction of the hero's sprite? I don't think the normal Team Rocket uniform looks well. Or at least take off the hat.

Years
Kanto starters will probably be available next beta, you'll only be able to pick one though.

You can already buy Pokemon, I think i'll add an option somewhere. The only problem with that is, it'll be really easy to make money, if say you buy a 200 dollar pokeball catch a rattata sell it for more than 200. If it was a mass scale thing you could hit 999999 really easily. Legendaries will be featured post game, so that'll be quite awhile a way.

True. But a ratatata doesn't have to be the price of a pokeball. You could make it 100 $ if you sell it.

Years
I just played through this as far as I can go and I've got to say that it is amazing! I love the idea of playing as a Rocket. I can tell there are some bugs you have to work out, but overall I found it fantastic. I'll keep an eye out for when you have a completed version out :)

Hekset

tuzeday
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Just saying this, not like it might matter too much. In Lavender town in the rocket secret base under the channeler's tent, if you click whatever the machinery is that are in front of the rocket guys (like the one who asks you if you want to go back up) it'll turn into a PC, then if you click the PC again another hovers over it. Also if you try to go back to the event where you fought mr. fuji as a boss fight, he reappears and it gets all glitchy. You also don't keep that third rocket badge thing you got when you get to the helicopter. Anyways.. I really love this game, great job Bayer.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Just saying this, not like it might matter too much. In Lavender town in the rocket secret base under the channeler's tent, if you click whatever the machinery is that are in front of the rocket guys (like the one who asks you if you want to go back up) it'll turn into a PC, then if you click the PC again another hovers over it. Also if you try to go back to the event where you fought mr. fuji as a boss fight, he reappears and it gets all glitchy. You also don't keep that third rocket badge thing you got when you get to the helicopter. Anyways.. I really love this game, great job Bayer.

Thanks for your support, these glitches have been fixed for the new release!

How do I steal pokemon? It be freaking awesome to steal from an officer jenny!

Stealing pokemon in trainer battles is unfortunately still not possible, what you can do, is interact with overworld pokemon or certain trainers that will give you the pokemon after they're defeated.

True. But a ratatata doesn't have to be the price of a pokeball. You could make it 100 $ if you sell it.

That was only really an example, but I'll think about implementing it in the next beta.

And, hey, any plans of adding an element of distinction of the hero's sprite? I don't think the normal Team Rocket uniform looks well. Or at least take off the hat.

I don't plan on changing the hero sprite no. The aim is that the player is just any ordinary grunt, he just happens to be competent for once. I do have plans for the post-game involving a sprite change.

Hekset

tuzeday
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
A suggestion that comes to mind. If anyone's familiar with Pokemon Light Platinum, you could obtain that Team Steam Uniform and it changes your sprite. If people want that much distinction from the regular sprite, somehow obtaining different uniforms would be cool, but still being able to go back to your regular grunt uniform.

Years
A suggestion that comes to mind. If anyone's familiar with Pokemon Light Platinum, you could obtain that Team Steam Uniform and it changes your sprite. If people want that much distinction from the regular sprite, somehow obtaining different uniforms would be cool, but still being able to go back to your regular grunt uniform.

Which means more work, and it only changes the OW sprite. A change in the trainer sprite in whole would be way better.

MrDollSteak

Years
Which means more work, and it only changes the OW sprite. A change in the trainer sprite in whole would be way better.

It's actually more closely related to what Hekset said. Basically in the post game, an event will occur in which your OW will change, as will your back sprite and trainer sprite. This is fairly easy to do with JPANs engine. This will be fairly far in the future though hahah.

Years
It's actually more closely related to what Hekset said. Basically in the post game, an event will occur in which your OW will change, as will your back sprite and trainer sprite. This is fairly easy to do with JPANs engine. This will be fairly far in the future though hahah.

LP's sprite change only applies to the OW, though.
And, at least it's still more work. ^_^

Hekset

tuzeday
Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Well, I'm no real expert on this kind of stuff anyways. Just saying what I wanted to.

MrDollSteak

Years
What is the original rom to patch this on?

Fire Red! I believe its somewhere on the first post. I'll make it more clear.

Well, I'm no real expert on this kind of stuff anyways. Just saying what I wanted to.

It's certainly possible, I plan on doing that definitely. I'll look into it more. I forget whether the Team Steam sprite change is reset after warping though.

LP's sprite change only applies to the OW, though.
And, at least it's still more work.

Yeah but LP is on a ruby rom. Using the Fire Red Hacked engine, it's possible to change the front, back and OW sprites after setting certain variables.

openkaart

Chilling like snorlax
Years
Fire Red! I believe its somewhere on the first post. I'll make it more clear.

Ty. Awesome hack.

In the evening and night the screen flickers allot when It's my turn to choose an attack.

are there shinies to be found?

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
I wish you the best of luck with this.
Alot of Team Rocket hacks seem to die, despite being brilliant.
The maps are good, and the new overworlds too.

Will you be updating all the overworlds to that style?

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
I just played through the hack (assuming it ends after the Lavender Town mission) and it has been a great experience so far. I have enjoyed the variety of types that you can catch at this stage, the stealing and the missions. Sometimes levels seem steep in places (such as the Celadon buildings), but that can add to the fun of it sometimes so that isn't really a bad thing. Loved the events in this game so far too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back