PageEmperor

Insert something creative here

Male
with an axe
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
10,873 posts
4.2 Years
Basically like the title says, this is basically a character rant thread for basically any form of media (games, books, TV shows, cartoons, etc.) What are some fictional characters you truly despise or think are bad, or if you don’t have a least favourite character then you can just state somebody you find to be overrated, or you don’t like them as much as other people do.

Please do not start any pointless arguments here, anyone who is offended can just ignore the posts or just leave this thread. Anyway, let the ranting commence!

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
8,985 posts
8.4 Years
Never liked Capitan Alistair Hennessey (played by Jeff Goldblum) in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

He hit a dog named Cody with a newspaper. :’(

Sumner

Trick or Treat?

Male
Brazil
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
2,427 posts
1.5 Years
Gabe Ugliano, Percy Jackson's stepfather. He's a complete ass to both Percy and Sally. Speaking of father figures, I don't even know if I like Poseidon either.
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

CF1994

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,073 posts
3.2 Years
Not necessarily a single character, but I do have beef with many of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’s later villains, like Stygian or Wallflower Bush.

The common issue they all share is that they overreact and commit crimes out of sheer pettiness or without seeking help, and yet none of them get properly disciplined for their actions, let alone, be seen again.

I’ve been much harder on Starlight Glimmer, whose introduction escalated this trend that would not have otherwise existed, bar Sunset, Discord or Trixie. To their credits, they at least have sufficient presence since they reformed.

It’s a huge pet peeve of mine when children (or fillies/foals) are the ones to get punished, but when adults do more damage like abuse or terrorism, they are let go, Scott free.

I do have to side with Lily Orchard of all people with how problematic the show’s double standards on discipline are, but she became increasingly scummy as time would move on.

Sydian

XIII

Age 27
Georgia
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
32,476 posts
11.6 Years
kh3 spoilers

Spoiler:
xehanort is trash. and i guess i'm supposed to hate him and i mean he's a great villain for that and i used to appreciate him more as a villain, but. i really don't like that they basically gave him a happy ending in kh3. what the psyduck was that lmfao he didn't deserve it and it felt like they backtracked all he's done throughout the series and they were like 'oh actually no he was REALLY trying to do this' no no no bullMUK. stop. you can't make him sympathetic at this point stop that. lol
vacation? what's that?
twitter | ao3

Auticorn

I put a spell on you.

Age 31
Female
in a secret land that only those worthy can see. :3
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
6,341 posts
15.3 Years
Never liked Capitan Alistair Hennessey (played by Jeff Goldblum) in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.

He hit a dog named Cody with a newspaper. :’(
I think Matthew Gray Gubler was in that... but he was really young at the time. I didn't know Jeff was too.

If anyone has seen the original Air Bud, I hated the character that Michael Jeter played. While, he was more comical at times... he beat the muk out of Buddy, and I always felt so bad for the poor doggy. :c (I love Michael though. Too bad he passed away)
Advertiser Content