coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
Has anyone seen Toy Story 4 yet? I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend!

As always, please mark spoilers in [spoiler] tags!

I was really happy with how TS3 wrapped up the series so still unsure how I feel about revisiting all the characters though I am v keen to see
Spoiler:
Bo Peep
again.

Ash Ketchup

Female
Tohjo Falls
Seen July 29th, 2019
Posted July 29th, 2019
2,012 posts
14 Years
We watched it on opening day and were also worrying about the whole closure thing after TS3 but if anything TS4 wraps things up even better.

What I will say though is take tissues if you get emotional at movies. I was crying during the opening scene and then several more times before the ending where again I was in floods of tears. Even my partner was sobbing and she practically never cries at movies.
You down with VPP? | My HOF 

DramaticCubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
770 posts
295 Days
I watched it like 2 days ago, it was way nicer than I thought it would be, I didn't cry during the movie but it did make me tear up at certain points of the movie, which doesn't happen often on movies with me.
Hmmm...

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
I watched it over the weekend! Went in still feeling like the TS franchise ended perfectly with TS3 but left realising I should always trust Pixar. (Except with the Cars franchise but we don't talk about that.)

Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler:
Like I literally teared up in the opening sequence?! First with the Bo Peep scene (man that rain looked SO good), and then with the beautiful transition from child Andy to Andy giving his toys to Bonnie, and with "You've Got A Friend In Me" in the background. Brilliantly done.

I really liked Bo Peep in this. It was really interesting seeing a lost toy really thrive as a lost toy, and I liked her role as a sort of fixer of other toys.

I'm glad they didn't go the villain route with Gabby Gabby, would've been way too easy. Definitely ended up feeling sympathetic towards her especially after Harmony rejected her like that. Great scene of the little girl finding Gabby Gabby (the third time I teared up. The second time was the scene where Bo Peep and Woody looked at the lights in the antique store, that just looked so magical.)

Loved the new suite of characters, and though it was sad that the OG crew didn't really do anything, it does make sense as TS3 did seem like the end of their story whereas this was really the end of Woody's character arc.

Comedy was gold in this. Ducky and Bunny were brilliant, particularly their ideas on getting the keys off the antique store owner. That long joke of following her to her house was soooo good hahaha. Forky as well was pretty good and didn't feel too idk forced. Major mood @ him calling himself trash and jumping into the bin endlessly.

BUT THE ENDING omg I died. I love that they went the more unexpected route, rather than getting Bo Peep to join the toys. I feel like this is better closure for the characters (answers the question I had at the end of TS3: when Bonnie grows up, then what? Does it all just repeat endlessly?) and brings Woody's arc to a nice close. But damn I'm STILL heartbroken over Woody and Buzz being separated. The OG best buds. :(

Avengers Endgame spoilers ahead: interesting parallels between this film and Endgame, particularly with that end scene of Woody (Captain America) giving his symbol, the sheriff badge (his shield) to Jessie (Falcon), after being encouraged "Bonnie will be okay / we'll be okay" by his best friend Buzz (Bucky), then going on to finally live his life with Bo (Peggy) after she was ripped out of his life, and after he spent his life doing everything for others.

imo the Toy Story films all deal with the question "what happens when someone we love, stop loving us". For Woody, that's when someone else comes along (TS1), when you're broken (TS2) and when someone moves on (TS3). And in this film Woody finally got his answer: you live your own life, and you live it for you, and you find your own purpose. And that's a pretty good message imo.

Great movie.

Sheep

Female
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
Just saw this and really liked it.

I am probably the only one who was surprised when
Spoiler:
Woody chose to stay with Bo Peep and leave Bonnie behind. Thinking on it again now it does make a lot of sense for his development, since he went from someone who was obsessed with getting Andy's attention to a toy who didn't mind not being played with as long as the child he was with was happy.
It makes sense, I just...didn't see it coming at all and was so, so touched.

Randy Newman's I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away is also amazing and I've been listening to it on repeat!

sheep x bobandbill 5ever

DramaticCubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
770 posts
295 Days
I am probably the only one who was surprised when
Spoiler:
Woody chose to stay with Bo Peep and leave Bonnie behind. Thinking on it again now it does make a lot of sense for his development, since he went from someone who was obsessed with getting Andy's attention to a toy who didn't mind not being played with as long as the child he was with was happy.
It makes sense, I just...didn't see it coming at all and was so, so touched.
Spoiler:
That part really got me, too. I thought that Woody and Bo Peep would part ways by the end of the movie, and was actually ready for that
Hmmm...

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
15,154 posts
11.6 Years
i tend to not see movies often so i came into this thread like ah whatever i'll read the spoilers and oops now i'm actually crying. great lmfao. now i feel like i have to go see it.
Should see it! It was good.

I do feel that TS3 wrapped up the series well and was a stronger film, but it was still worthy of being in the TS series. Good humour, great music and animation, and a satisfying end overall.
Advertiser Content