Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
5,082 posts
10.7 Years
Since my last post? I can still see myself as a lifelong Pokemon fan. I play Pokemon Go daily to tide me over until Pokemon Sword/Shield and am currently readying myself for Pokemon Masters. I still keep up with the Pokemon anime on a weekly basis, and still attempt to read the manga & collect some merch here and there, just not as much in the most recent months. I'm excited for Sword/Shield, despite all the huge controversy, and right now I'm on/off playing Pokemon Emerald, because the Battle Frontier is really mentally draining.
Theme: Mao Isara
Pair: Go

colours

faint attack

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,301 posts
14.5 Years
I guess I'll always love the games, as flawed as they are. There's that much, at least.
There's no difference between how I feel now and my reply back then.

Unown Seer

Earnest

Male
Seen September 7th, 2019
Posted August 26th, 2019
176 posts
10.2 Years
I'm playing Masters right now and it's pretty fun as it's actually hard at times. But if I finish the current chapters without ever summoning one of my favorites, that'll sting.

Otherwise, I am not interested in SwSh and the hacks I'm looking forward to may be a ways off at best. The other media haven't interested me in a long time, but this year the movies are decent.

Seliph

Lord

Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
2,773 posts
6.7 Years
Interest dropped after SM. Maybe it's because I feel like I've done everything a Pokemon game could offer to me. Maybe completing the dex as a tiresome ordeal was the reason, maybe me getting over competitive plays or me not caring about challenges. Maybe the series has become too bloated for my taste and a reboot with completely new designs could help with that.

Truth be told, I occasionally go back to the earlier gens (1-3). They were simpler, more contained and didn't have a lot of the issues the newer games seem to have, imo.

Black

Male
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
353 posts
3.9 Years
Good question. Overall my interest has been waning since 6th gen but I'll always appreciate and make time for my favorite games in the series even if they're a bit dated by now. What surprises me is how many people in the fandom around my age have maintained their interest in the anime all these years. Diehard fans could probably explain the unique strengths of each season but what little I've seen hasn't been enough to pull me back in after Diamond & Pearl, which was admittedly a very good season.

colours

faint attack

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
5,301 posts
14.5 Years
Good question. Overall my interest has been waning since 6th gen but I'll always appreciate and make time for my favorite games in the series even if they're a bit dated by now. What surprises me is how many people in the fandom around my age have maintained their interest in the anime all these years. Diehard fans could probably explain the unique strengths of each season but what little I've seen hasn't been enough to pull me back in after Diamond & Pearl, which was admittedly a very good season.
Apparently SM has a really good anime; idk if you gave it a shot but it's been widely praised.

Sumner

Trick or Treat?

Male
Brazil
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 21 Hours Ago
2,431 posts
1.5 Years
I don't feel like I'm still as interested as I was before tbh. Back then I'd spend ages in Bulbapedia just reading random lore about random Pokémon, or playing the games over and over without getting tired. I rarely play them nowadays though, and even more rarely I open Bulbapedia or make Pokémon-related searchs, which happened because I found other stuff to get myself into and have a lot of other things in my head to take care of, unfinished projects, etc.
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years

Female
Italy
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
542 posts
88 Days
The interest in the game themselves has actually been pretty low after SM. It had happened with ORAS already, after beating the league and whatever little post-league story there is I just lose interest.
I think it's simply because I don't have the patience/time anymore to catch em all for the 10th time, or to get into competitive play.
What I still love about Pokemon is the world around it, the concept about Pokemons, the music, new regions, the story, the friends it made me connect with... pretty much everything except actually playing the games lol.
I always followed the anime pretty casually and stopped around Hoenn/early Sinnoh so I can't talk about that.

Black

Male
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
353 posts
3.9 Years
Apparently SM has a really good anime; idk if you gave it a shot but it's been widely praised.
I haven't outside of a few short youtube clips but that's good to hear. I'll give it a proper chance soon. Sometimes I peek into the Poke anime section so it will be nice to know what they're talking about at the very least.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum

Non-binary
Hanging out with Team Rocket
Seen August 3rd, 2019
Posted August 2nd, 2019
141 posts
3.7 Years
My interest level in the franchise has been slightly waning for some time now. Game Freak has disappointed me, as they've drained the series of any substance in recent years. I currently feel like pokemon is a watered-down version of what it once was. With that being said, pokemon will always have a special place in my heart. I've been a fan of pokemon since I was in kindergarten and the series has played such a huge role in my life growing up. My love for pokemon will never wane, even if my interest does.
I feel similarly as of late. I still love the game for what it is, but I'm disappointed in what Game Freak has done to it in part. I'll still love the characters though, even if the games aren't drawing me in as much.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
9,047 posts
8.4 Years
I'm pretty meh about Pokemon atm, but I'm excited for SWSH. :) I'm also more hyped about the TCG and merch than I've been in a while too.

PageEmperor

Insert something creative here

Male
with an axe
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
10,893 posts
4.3 Years
I don’t know, but certainly more than back 4 years ago.

Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
21,532 posts
7.2 Years
My interest level is fairly high right now! I am super excited for SWSH and have been replaying lots of my favorite games as of late. I also spend a lot of my free time playing Pokemon GO as well. There are days where my interest drops and I don't do anything outside of GO but overall my love for Pokemon is still strong!

NobleDragonite

Ace-Trainer No.5634623

Age 27
Male
Pallet Town
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted September 14th, 2019
14 posts
50 Days
I think Pokemon has shaped my current interests very much. But most importantly, Pokemon did not stop. There were always new generations. Thus new Pokemon, new fights, new challenges new adventures. I liked that as a child and I always associate something positive with Pokemon. Today, it is not as 'awesome' for me as it was back then but it has already left its mark and that's why Pokemon is also very important to me and therefore on the activity list high up.

SidTheRiser07

PoKeMoN TRaiNeR

Male
India
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
314 posts
69 Days
I will be a lifelong fan. I loved every generation so far, especially gens 5 (thought that wasn't my first gen). As usual, I was disappointed by sun and moon and the USUM games as well, but i'm satisfied with whatever SwSh has presented so far(it's easy for me to get impressed lol).

Eatinabird

The wise one :P

Age 26
Male
Somewhere in Johto...and Hoenn....and finally Sinnoh.
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
16 posts
108 Days
My interest has been the same since I was a little kid. I've always liked Pokemon (even at my age) and will probably watch it until it ends (if that actually ever happens). Although I did go years without watching it.
"What doesn't kill you... usually succeeds on the second attempt."

-Eugene Krabs

Squidward: I always thought the most important rule was: why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow.

Mr. Krabs: What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?

noa

sleeping cutie

Age 27
Female
Seattle
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted September 4th, 2019
I am and always will be a lifelong fan, but I'm pretty casual atm. I play older games on my phone, and enjoy it, and i'm playing Masters now which is a lot of fun. I enjoy playing randoms on Showdown too. Sadly, I can't really seem to get hyped over SWSH but that could change. At the moment, i'm enjoying Pokemon as I usually do. It's such a constant part of my life and legitimate part of my identity that I honestly don't think about it that much lol

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
9,198 posts
6.8 Years
Even though lately I'm losing some interests in Pokémon after playing SuMo, I'm still watching on the sidelines, wondering if they'll offer something that I'll like in the future, considering that Pokémon X/Y games are responsible on bringing my interest back in Pokémon at some point. Besides, around a week ago I've bought a Pokémon movie comic, so I guess I still have some interest of it, at least.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh

Age 23
Non-binary
Liguria, Italy
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
85 posts
291 Days
I'm still interested in following what's new though after my interest increased before the reveal of SwSh, it is now waning again. Pokémon was my absolute favourite franchise when I was a kid, watching the anime and collecting cards, then playing the games from gen 2 onwards; I stopped watching the anime around the beginning of gen 3 and stopped collecting cards after that gen, but my peak interest was for gens 3 and 4. Diamond is one of the games I've played the most, and then came Platinum and HeartGold which are imho the peak games of the franchise.

Gen 5 was when my interest started to wane. I wasn't a fan of many new Pokémon in the beginning (most of them later grew on me but due to the large number I still think there are many good designs but also many forgettable ones) and BW felt like a step down from Platinum/HGSS, I appreciated the brave move of all new Pokémon in the main storyline but I didn't think it worked as well as the mix of old and new of RS and DP, also it started removing features and the trend towards linearity. Still a good game, but I didn't enjoy them as much as the past games. B2W2 were better, but by then I had moved on somewhat from the franchise and I was playing other games a lot more. It all got worse with the following generations, which I only played a lot later than release date (gen 6 only when gen 7 was almost out). SM wasn't only when my interest in Pokémon was at an all-time low, but at the time I was also little interested in video games.

In 2017 I got a Switch, at first only for Mario Odyssey, and that plus the then-upcoming titles made me interested in video games again; knowing that a Pokémon game for Switch was due to be out obviously raised my hype (only to be disappointed at the reveal of LGPE), though I still kept high hopes for SwSh, and that's also when I started lurking and then posting here. My new interest in Pokémon made me play again the earlier games that I had enjoyed so much, as well as fan games - and I still enjoy playing them. Honestly my interest in SwSh has been decreasing more with every reveal, as it doesn't seem to be the game I was hoping for it to be, and by now I'm 100% sure I'm not going to buy it in the foreseeable future, so I'm kinda puzzled on how I'll feel about Pokémon in the future. On one hand, it has been one of my favourite franchises of all time and I enjoy the older games (FRLG, Emerald, Platinum, HGSS, and gen 5) a lot, but I can't get interested in the new titles even if I try to like them.
Infinite Insanity
Seen 14 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
314 posts
2.7 Years
Yeah, my interest in the series have fluctuated a LOT over the years! Right now, my interest in Pokemon is out of 7/8/9 (out of 10). There are times where is was a legit 0, but it totally went up and down in the past. Now it's up, and I consider it a part of...my...history I guess for lack of a better word.
Once you give a Pokemon a personality, you can't go back depending on the severity and purpose of it. It's no longer just a "pixel" in your box.
Advertiser Content