Advertiser Content

Sheep

Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
26,838 posts
12.9 Years
Do you transfer Pokémon you've caught to future games when they come out, or do you play each game independently without transferring any Pokémon using only the mons obtainable in those games?
pair family llsif bandori ffxiv art vpp stats
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3

Male
Lisboa, Portugal
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,699 posts
4.7 Years
I never transfer Pokémon from older games to new ones, simply because I don't feel like it's necessary. I don't grow too attached to them and I'm not into competitive battling, so I just play the new games with the Pokémon available in the region!
-WORK IN PROGRESS-
Btw, the artwork on my avatar is from an artist called OMOCAT, you should check her out ;)

icycatelf

Fake Card Artist

Age 29
Male
Kentucky
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
2,339 posts
14.6 Years
I used to transfer all of my special and Shiny Pokémon, but now I only transfer Pokémon that I plan to keep on my team. I've got a bunch of Pokémon wasting away in the PC that I could've used on my teams in previous games if I hadn't transferred them...

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline

Khoshi

ターボだ!

Age 21
Male
Sydney, Australia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,652 posts
6.4 Years
I only ever transferred legendaries tied to events (like the three Regis from Gen 3 via Pal Park for Regigigas), and rarely transferred regular Pokemon from between game versions. Truth is, I have nobody else to play with, so I never really had the chance to trade between versions like Game Freak really wanted me to do. #singledslyfe
Female
Infinite Insanity
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
241 posts
2.6 Years
99% of them yes, though I played most of Ultra Moon thinking you had to beat the E4 in order to transfer, but boy was I wrong. Just get the Pokedex and then transfer away. Oh silly me. Now Ultra Moon is my pixel dust collector...and I guess it will be for gen 8 because no national dex *cries*
Started Alola journey 12/24/18...on a plane!
PC's favorite band nerd....JK I'm sure there are others!
I plan to do challenges on Omega Ruby, and X soon

Name: CANDLE MAN! The hero we deserve idk really!
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

colours

hymn of the fayth

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 12 Hours Ago
5,065 posts
14.4 Years
The rarer Pokemon/shinies that I have, yes. I find it fun playing around with my shinies and mythicals. ^^

Zed01

Male
Virbank City
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
45 posts
34 Days
When I get a new game I only play with the new Pokemon but when I beat the game and get to the post-game I do transfer all of my previous teams, shinies and other to me special Pokemon. I like to have them all in one place so I can use them for various post-game things, collecting new ribbons,...
On my UltraSun for example I have a few Boxes of my old teams as well as a "VIP" Box with my first shiny, first level 100, first legendary, ribbon master and other for me special Pokemon. It sucks that this tradition of bringing all of my Pokemon to new Regions and "continuing the journey" is probably over forever because of this new "no national dex" direction that the Game Freak decided to take. :(

Brendino

New Horizons
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
8,264 posts
9.8 Years
I have a couple of times, though I've never really made a habit of it. I was too lazy to catch all the Unown again after collecting them all in FireRed though, so I transferred them up to HeartGold to complete the Unown Dex, traded them to Platinum, and then I think transferred them up to White 2. Was definitely a pain in the butt moving 28 Pokemon around that I really had no intention on using other than to preserve my collection.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder

Age 38
Male
UK
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
748 posts
4.9 Years
I always transfer my living dex to the new game as it becomes my main one. I try not to use any of my previously bred pokemon on first run through though so as to not spoil the game.
Pokemon Breeder (2000+ Eggs and counting)
3DS Living National Pokedex: 807/807
Main Series : Gen 1: R/B/Y/Y-VC, Gen 4: SS, Gen 5: W/B2, Gen 6: X/Y/OR Gen 7: Su/Mo/USu
2DS XL Friend code: 3325 - 8383 - 2146 IGN: Nick

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
8,831 posts
8.3 Years
I used to, but I don't plan on doing that this gen save for a couple of shinies, provided they're in the dex.

TheBatPrince

Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
62 posts
7 Days
Hmm, it all depends.

To root it to about pure Data, is not the way to play the Games. You have to acknowledge each Pokemon as a unique Creature; no matter what form its in! And, you have to acknowledge each Character that you occupy as being a portion of yourself. Wherever you bring that Pokemon, it will see a new World. A new Land, new Trees, New Water, etc.

Usually though as a kid, it was because my Brother wanted to Duel me with the only Game I had Pokemon in! Gold Version! So he'd bring in his Zapdos, Mewtwo, etc. All the usual coolies of the 1st Generation.
Age 29
Female
Anywhere my heart takes me
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
30 posts
14.2 Years
I've been trying to lately, starting with Black and White because my link cable for my GB and GBA broke. It also depends on the Pokemon, like if I have Event Pokemon from GameStop or a Nintendo online event, or a shiny Pokemon (I dubbed both Treasure Pokemon), I'm trying to keep them with me in every game. Of course, if Sword and Shield don't have specific Pokemon in the 'dex, I'll transfer them to Ultra Moon instead, since I've yet to even start that game due to focusing on Ultra Sun for a while.

Sub-Zero

Grandmaster of Ice

Non-binary
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,550 posts
6.1 Years
The only kid around with just one console, I never able to transfer my existing team to the new game. Let alone get them without needing to transfer
New sig pic coming soon..*
♥Pair: Starrywindy♥ Travel Log

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 31 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
4,942 posts
10.6 Years
In more recent games, no. I don't feel like paying money to access Pokemon Transporter. But older games? I did, yes. I don't think I'm going to continue to transfer to Pokemon Home, either, it feels like a waste of time if I might have to pay for it.
Theme: Natsume Sakasaki
Pair: Green

TheBatPrince

Male
Azalea Town
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
62 posts
7 Days
The only kid around with just one console, I never able to transfer my existing team to the new game. Let alone get them without needing to transfer
Haha it's fine dude!

Most of these Pokemon Games can't be that worth it if a Company is making you buy a whole new several hundred dollar Console for it. Classic 101 Rule is you always have maximum 2-3 Consoles for a Franchise's Games.
Advertiser Content