• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help Request] Are RtD (Roll to Dodge) threads allowed?

JustCallMePops

Resident Popplio fan who sits in his mom's basemen
Years
To those who don't know what RtD is, it's a type of roleplay that relies solely on its random aspects. Just about any actions you do that aren't as simple as walking or eating require a roll of a D10 (or 20 in some cases) to decide if it succeeds or fails. Basically, every player does an action, then GM rolls for every action and states the results in one big post.

1 = Critical failure, 2 = failure, 3 = half-failure, 4 = half-success, 5 equals success and so on and so forth.

It may sound a bit boring on paper, but the draw to these types of roleplays is how crazy they can get. If someone's a scientist who tries to create a Flare-style superweapon and rolls a 10, congrats, the universe is wiped out (and consequently rebuilt by some unknown force). But of course, you may fail something as simple as carrying a carton of milk and break your foot if you get a 1, for example.

It seems like these variants of roleplays only barely scrape by the Theatre Rules, as they're very rudementary compared to everything else here and I haven't seen an RtD thread on here yet, so I decided to ask here instead of making big post only to realize it isn't allowed lol

Years
To those who don't know what RtD is, it's a type of roleplay that relies solely on its random aspects. Just about any actions you do that aren't as simple as walking or eating require a roll of a D10 (or 20 in some cases) to decide if it succeeds or fails. Basically, every player does an action, then GM rolls for every action and states the results in one big post.

1 = Critical failure, 2 = failure, 3 = half-failure, 4 = half-success, 5 equals success and so on and so forth.

It may sound a bit boring on paper, but the draw to these types of roleplays is how crazy they can get. If someone's a scientist who tries to create a Flare-style superweapon and rolls a 10, congrats, the universe is wiped out (and consequently rebuilt by some unknown force). But of course, you may fail something as simple as carrying a carton of milk and break your foot if you get a 1, for example.

It seems like these variants of roleplays only barely scrape by the Theatre Rules, as they're very rudementary compared to everything else here and I haven't seen an RtD thread on here yet, so I decided to ask here instead of making big post only to realize it isn't allowed lol

Personally, I don't see any reason why you couldn't do this so long as all the regular rules are met. It's basically just text-based roleplay with an RNG element right? Perfectly welcome.

Back