Advertiser Content

Books Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?

Started by Pichu August 7th, 2019 12:25 PM
  • 12 replies
  • Public Poll

Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?

• 83.33%
  • 8.33%
  • 8.33%
  • 0%

Pichu

Age 26
Male
New York
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
5,821 posts
10.5 Years
Even the act of simply reading a book has evolved due to advancements in technology in this digital age. Just as the title says; do you prefer holding and reading a physical book or reading on an ebook?

colours

faint attack

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,282 posts
14.5 Years
my eyes can't really stare at a screen for too significant of a period of time, plus there's always battery issues to worry about with physical books. sometimes I worry that physical books will not.... be a thing anymore, but I feel like that's probably me being ridiculous because they've been around for like ever; they're not going to disappear due to technology.

so yeah i prefer physical books 100%

Sumner

Trick or Treat?

Male
Brazil
Seen 55 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,430 posts
1.5 Years
my eyes can't really stare at a screen for too significant of a period of time
^ Same here. There's also the fact that books are this beautiful and unique piece of art that I love to admire. I can't explain it, but it's really pleasant the feeling of holding the book, flipping the pages, etc. It's another thing digital copies lack, they'll never occupy the same place in my heart than the physical ones do.
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

Auticorn

I put a spell on you.

Age 31
Female
in a secret land that only those worthy can see. :3
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,341 posts
15.3 Years
I don't read a whole lot but... when I do, it's usually a physical copy.

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,742 posts
13.4 Years
I actually prefer digital. I have several physical books and they take too much space. With ebooks I have the books at my fingertips and can read them when away. Maybe it's due to me reading fanfics on my phone, but so far reading ebooks has been fine for me.

erik destler

boop

Age 27
Male
louisiana
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
7,080 posts
14.3 Years
everything i read is either ebook or audiobook only. i haven't read an actual physical book in years, actually.
i have a libby account through my local library which allows me to check out & read ebooks; i also pay for audible and kindle unlimited.

it's just so much more convenient that way.

Paired with Laslow and Cherrim

Treecko

the princess without voice

Age 27
Male
St.Louis,Missouri
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,238 posts
7.6 Years
Physical copy always. There's just something about holding a book, flipping through the pages and feeling them on your fingers that ebooks can replicate, you know? Plus the smell of a brand new book is so 😍amazing.
"Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"

Azuviin

Age 18
Female
Australia
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
119 posts
5.6 Years
Depends on the kind of book. I 100% want physical copies when it comes to art books/illustration books, there's literally no point in buying them if it was digital. I don't read many fiction books much, but when I do it's always a physical copy. Imo reading is supposed to be an activity to take a break from technology.

Textbooks, language books and most learning books though, I definitely prefer these digitally especially since my notes are written digitally on an ipad. It's easier to scroll through and make connections with my own notes, as I can easily screenshot bits of information to put in my own notebook, and scribble all over it.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh

Age 23
Non-binary
Liguria, Italy
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
85 posts
287 Days
Novels and fiction exclusively on physical books, I only read a novel in e-book once because it was a free giveaway. I've grown used to non-fiction PDF books and e-books due to necessity while I was working on my graduation thesis, and while I still prefer reading on a physical book for those it's actually more convenient to have them digital rather than lots of physical books to carry around

Sylphiel

Between your fantasy and my reality
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
13,035 posts
14.9 Years
Physical. While I don't mind reading e-books, looking at a page number to see how far I am into a book isn't quite the same as being able to see and feel how many pages I've gone through already. Definitely not the same experience, and I miss it when I read something digitally.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Online now
Posted 12 Minutes Ago
9,022 posts
8.4 Years
Physical books for sure. I like having a collection or a small library on my shelf that I can look at and pick up at any time. E-books are totally fine too, as are audio books, but nothing beats the smell of a well used paperback. <3

Advertiser Content