Advertiser Content

Your favorite human character in Pokémon

Started by Sheep August 10th, 2019 1:55 AM
  • 26 replies

Sheep

Female
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
Most of us already know who our favorite Pokémon is/are, but there are many other characters besides just the creatures we all know and love. Which human characters from the series are your favorites and why?

sheep x bobandbill 5ever

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years

Female
Italy
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
542 posts
83 Days
Definitely AZ. Such an interesting concept for a character, this lonely guy wandering the world witnessing 3000 years of history.
You could do so much with him, I'm kinda sad we're probably never going to see him again.
I like the fact that he was mentioned in ORAS during the Delta episode by Zinnia as a mysterious figure that had appeared like a thousand years ago during Mega Rayquaza's last appearance and commented on it before disappearing again.

Maxie and Archie are another two big favourite of mine. They were the first "villains with good intentions" I had met in media when I was little and for some reason they just left and incredibly strong impression. (Not matter how stupid their goals seem)
My VPP

Bellsprout @ 463
Hatch @ 478
Victreebell @ Level 100: 613

colours

faint attack

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
5,267 posts
14.5 Years
I know that if I were really a trainer, I'd be more like Cynthia.

moreso because of how she carries herself than anything with how calm and confident she is.

Sheep

Female
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
steven, cheren, ilima, cynthia, jasmine for me <3

sheep x bobandbill 5ever

TheAlmightyBlaziken

SUP YO

Age 21
Male
Hall Of Origin
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
Flannery and N heh heh heh There great
I'm an adult who has the mind of a child

Auticorn

I put a spell on you.

Age 31
Female
in a secret land that only those worthy can see. :3
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
6,341 posts
15.3 Years
I have to say Bonnie. She is so adorable, but she is also very brave. She didn't have a single prejudice bone in her body.

Brendino

New Horizons
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
8,297 posts
9.8 Years
I don't know if I have necessarily have any favorite human characters, but I'd jump at the chance to meet one of the Pokemon professors, specifically Professor Oak or Juniper. It would be fascinating to pick their brains about all their research, and to get a better understanding of the Pokemon world as a whole.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight

Female
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
126 posts
13.6 Years
Seconding the love for Bonnie!!! Her dynmamic with her brother, as well as the cute, sister-like bond she has with Serena, us so adorable...

25E8F61B-4373-49A4-8FA7-A10A22C777C9.jpeg

Iris!! I love her tomboyishness, her big brown eyes and round cheeks (cute!!), her pastel outfit, her sarcasm, the way she teases her friends, but absolutely has a heart of gold and cares deeply (the Deino episode ;___; the way she cheers Cilan up after hurting his feelings, making up with Ash after a fight, her and Ash sightseeing in Nimbasa all day...).
She has a temper and she’s very motherly to Axew, she loves nature, and is spiritual...

Her dynamic with Cilan is also so cute!! Reminds me of childhood ships like Hanawa x Maruko and Rocketshipping: I love blunt, sarcastic, tough tomboys and upperclass, charming, pretty-boys with more luxurious tastes...

Shootie/Trip!! He might not be written much like a main rival for Ash, but he’s a very unique character, and the way they slowly start to become friends by the end and work really well together in a pinch is sweet!!!

I love the royal/noble theme of his team, his voice (in the original, more), design (the asymmetrical haircut’s pretty unique!), his sarcastic and aloof nature, the way he has to prove he’s so grown-up (which Iris uses to trick him into battling Ash like, twice, PFFT), and the fact he can be very kind (wouldn’t take advantage of Oshawott’s fear but helped Ash notice it, offered to help Iris with her phobia, protecting Castelia, etc.)...

His ends justifies the means mentality in the Venipede episode
Spoiler:
and the way he obstructed Ash and company because he was too cynical to believe in peaceful methods working, but also because he just loved the challenge of fighting the strongest opponents...

I really liked how when he finally did see it could work, he quickly saved Ash’s Pidove and they worked together (even if he did avoid Ash’s gaze ^^;;). ;3;

8CB770AF-DAE4-4D29-914E-9051C5075035.gif

But also that he was very expressive and shy and, honestly, sweet as a younger kid. His Alder fanboying is adorable. The biggest thing that makes him totally different from Paul is the reveal in the Junior Cup
Spoiler:
how insecure he actually is, under all that, how much Alder forgetting him upset him, and how everything he did as a trainer was motivated by being acknowledged by Alder... ;___;

B4766221-2D90-4812-8198-FB7E1675E4F3.jpeg

Lillie, I often gushed about, but also, she’s especially dear and important to me since (abusive/neglectful/narcissistic mothers are still rare in media, she had trauma-induced memory loss, and I also loved cats from afar after getting scrached as a little kid (still have the scar!), and when I had overcome my fear, my first indoor cat was a Persian cat named Snowy [named after Snowene, Kimba’s mother], can’t make this stuff up, I’ve got pictures and a webpage I made as a kid as proof).

She’s just too sweet and endearing and you can’t help but want to cheer her on!! Her smile makes me feel like my heart’s so full, it’s gonna burst! She’s perfect. ;___;

[attached, one of the tumblr posts I gushed about her in, reblogged elsewhere, since my original blogs are all gone.]
“Your most important friend is not here right now, but please aim for that promise and that same dream.
No matter how small your strength is, even to the point of helplessness, please believe in the day our promise will be fulfilled.“

✨⭐️✨

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
8,985 posts
8.4 Years
I'm gonna say Cynthia and Sabrina. I love the powerful female trope. :)

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 50 Minutes Ago
5,068 posts
10.7 Years
Lance. He has red hair, a cape and is a master of dragons, what's not to love?
Theme: Mao Isara
Pair: Go

DramaticCubism

Cubie the Cube

Age 20
Male
The computer room
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
750 posts
286 Days
I second Sabrina's appreciation post above me, and would also mention professor Juniper. Also for underrated characters that are probably forgetable as heck, Pike Queen Lucy from Hoenn's Battle Frontier is my choice. If I were to choose a male character it would definitely be Nanu, he is amazing.
Hmmm...

Galukxy

Age 25
Location not valid.
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,302 posts
9.9 Years
Looker, Barry, Steven and Gary.

Yep, Barry and Gary probably annoyed a lot of people, but their annoyance was my entertainment.
I also like Hau, too.

🎸

SidTheRiser07

PoKeMoN TRaiNeR

Male
India
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
236 posts
64 Days
N, of course, Cynthia and Red. They're epic. But if I could add a fourth, I would add Steven.

Name: Trent
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Je n'ai pas peur d'avenir car je sais que Dieu est toujours avec moi.

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
10,340 posts
15.3 Years
cilan. dont @ me. also don't dig up all the nonsense i was sayin' when he was in the anime.

also the TRio are still best kids idc

Go

Take my hands now

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
10,960 posts
14.2 Years
Gary and Steven Stone, also Green for Pokemon Origins!

I used to love N too, I really liked his writing and story for the B&W games.

Also, fair to mention that when I was younger I liked Drew from Hoenn's anime more than most other characters.

A reincarnation of my childhood dreams
I don’t know what this emotion is
If this place is also inside a dream

you might know me as Drew | paired to Palamon

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
10,340 posts
15.3 Years
Also, fair to mention that when I was younger I liked Drew from Hoenn's anime more than most other characters.
somehow this seems... understated

Go

Take my hands now

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
10,960 posts
14.2 Years
somehow this seems... understated
Coughing

I didn't say anything about you with Cilan, ok