• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cosmos

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
PokemonCosmos

Clefairy.png

Hack of Pokemon FireRed 1.0

Hey, guys! It's me again, and this time I've got a hack that I know won't die like my 5 million other hacks! Pokemon Cosmos! I quit most of my hacks because I was terrible at scripting, but now, I'm better, and I'm going to make this hack the best one ever. I'll also try to not break the game all the time. I'm the best at breaking things.

In Pokemon Cosmos, you play as a Pokemon, Clefairy. You've lived your whole life on the moon, watching the Earth spin around, but everything changes when you find a Cosmog in your home. Cosmog is lost, and needs help getting back to his own home, so, like a good Clefairy would, you tell him you'll help find it. However, an earthquake (moonquake?) occurs and sends you flying across the universe, and you wake up in Starzone Galaxy.
The Ultra Beasts (Nihilego, Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Kartana, Celesteela, Guzzlord, Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Stakataka) are also in Pokemon Cosmos, and they're causing trouble. They want to capture your friend, Cosmog, but you can't let them! They'll chase you across the universe. Can you and Cosmog get home, and stop the Ultra Beasts? Play the game and find out! Travel through many different galaxies with Cosmog, and with the ability to take over other Pokemon's bodies! There will be lots of puzzles in the game, and they can all be solved with the help of other Pokemon.​

FEATURES
  • Turning into other Pokemon
  • And..
  • Um...
  • Is space a feature?
  • New Music (from Super Mario Galaxy, and other games, but mostly SMG)

SCREENSHOTS
rVocaZ2.png
0xL1r6m.png
MeHMhHA.png

NibYC1A.png
Jis8X0v.png
lErwnty.png

cLPkm1j.png
image.png
image.png

79Z6VtY.png
tzRUtsK.png
VIyRLun.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

CREDITS
  • Me
  • Bliz (or Daman) - Inserting music for me
  • BZL, BluRose and Blah (FBI) - ASM and C stuff
  • Bela - Fixing my Nihilego Overworld Sprite
  • Kyoko1 - Mugshot ASM
  • The Acanthite Team - A Lily Pad tile
  • ~Teh Panda~ - Title Screen, help with Mugshot ASM
  • JPAN - FireRed Hacked Engine

If you're looking for a download, there isn't one yet. So, bye, I guess. Have a nice day! \o/

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh my gosh! This looks absolutely wonderful! The screenshots seem quite promising and I like how you decided that we'd play as a Pokemon instead of the traditional "I wanna be the very best" storyline. This reminds of Pokemon Super rising thunder. Ahh! Good luck!

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hey guys! I've been making some more progress!
1. I've been animating tiles. I've animated lily pads and stars. Here's how they look.
EdrJrYh.gif
gchHvqd.gif

2. I've also been scripting! Here's a script of Nihilego escaping!
W4pVuj9.gif

3. I've made some sprites that I want to use when someone is talking, like Mega Power, Adventure Red, and some other hacks. But I'm not going to start using them until I finish Cosmog and Clefairy's sprites.
mUSxam2.png
Ku2zDGm.png
EnyTZ2e.png

4. I've been mapping too!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 28, 2022
wow, this looks amazing wobb! Keep up your work, the animated stars looks really kewl.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Woo! Here's another map!
Spoiler:

Here's what it used to look like:
Spoiler:

On this planet, you jump on rocks. There are some shortcuts that you can use to get to the center of the planet faster.
I'll be scripting soon. I'll probably edit the post later to show the scripts.

Edit: Added new music! Both from Super Mario Galaxy! (Comet Observatory & Good Egg Galaxy) Thanks Bliz <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Woo! Here's another map!

On this planet, you jump on rocks. There are some shortcuts that you can use to get to the center of the planet faster.
I'll be scripting soon. I'll probably edit the post later to show the scripts.

Edit: Added new music! Both from Super Mario Galaxy! (Comet Observatory & Good Egg Galaxy) Thanks Bliz <3

It's like a friendlier Distortion World!

The game premise is a nice change from collecting badges and beating an evil team. And you have a good combination of official, retouched, and original graphics. I like the details like purple flowers and two shades of tree.

Looking forward to a playable beta. :)

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hey guys! I didn't get much done today, because I spent all day trying to figure out how to insert music!
I found a tutorial, but I was getting so confused, so I just decided to mess with Sappy and hope something good happened.
:D Finally, I inserted a song correctly, it's working, and it sounds awesome!
So, you know yesterday somebody inserted Super Mario Galaxy's Comet Observatory Music for me. Well, the music was looping too early.
And now, here's what I did! :D
https://streamable.com/theiw (Make sure to turn up the volume on there)
(O. I just noticed that something's too loud. I'll fix)

Oh, and another thing. I'm adding Stardust, which is just a clone of Star Bits from Super Mario Galaxy. You'll be collecting these things on every planet you visit, and use them for lots of things. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I really hope to see all these galaxies you've been working on filled with interesting things to do and look at, especially since your approach to this hack is going to be pretty unique compared to everything else we've seen. You'll need to find new and interesting ways to keep things fresh and fun for the player, and I'm excited to see how you pull it off.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hi, everyone. So, I've been hiding Stardust all over the place, but I'm using a lot of flags for them. (To hide their sprites when you've collected them and make sure they don't come back)
Their flags are cleared when you leave the planet though, so that I can reuse them for the next planet. But, you can travel back and forth between planets. So if you leave the planet, and then come back, all the Stardust that disappeared will come back, allowing you to collect unlimited Stardust.
I want to use Stardust the same way Super Mario Galaxy uses Star Bits. To unlock new galaxies and planets, and to buy things. There will also be stars that you can get for collecting all the Stardust in the galaxy, like the 100 coin stars in Super Mario 64 & Sunshine.
So, would you rather not have stardust at all and be able to go backwards?
Or.. Keep stardust, but only have one way travel between planets. You won't be able to revisit passed planets until you leave the whole galaxy and come back.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Is there anything stopping you from turning Stardust into a standard item, but instead of awarding you an item, it gives you money instead? And maybe you can change the currency label into "Stardust" instead of "Money" or whatever. I feel like that'd be easier to do as a whole.

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Is there anything stopping you from turning Stardust into a standard item, but instead of awarding you an item, it gives you money instead? And maybe you can change the currency label into "Stardust" instead of "Money" or whatever. I feel like that'd be easier to do as a whole.

That's what I'm doing. :)

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hey, guys. I'm back with more new stuff.
- I'm still doing stuff with Music. Starzone Galaxy (the first galaxy you visit) uses a sort of edited Gateway Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy) music. I also added the music from Gusty Garden Galaxy, which I will be using in a.. special.. place. :)
- I've decided to have Stardust, but have travel between planets only be one way. Don't think you won't ever be able to revisit planets though, because once you leave the galaxy, you can go to the planets again.
- I've started a new galaxy. It's some desert galaxy. It has no name yet. Right now, it's only Rock Tunnel's tileset but brown. Soon, there will be cacti and stuff.
Here's a map showing the tiles.
Spoiler:

I also have a question. After completing the beginning events and you find out about your spaceship, how many galaxies should be available from the start? 1, 2, or 3? What do you think?

Last edited:

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Maybe you can use the Dusty Dune Galaxy theme for that desert planet :3

Back