• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Cries

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I know this might seem like minor topic to discuss, but considering how hi-def the 3ds soundfonts are, how will the pokemon sound now? They may still sound like how the original cries were during the ds generations or the pokemon cries might get altered to sound much like how real world animals sound.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I remember we had the old topic about this, and it was actually a pretty fun topic! I still hold that I'd love to see the older cries get an update from the Gameboy sounds. I'd like them to keep the same cries, but now that we have much better technology, just update them using the sounds that we're going to use now. I guess we can do the same for the newer stuff as well, although it's not as necessary!

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm on the same boat as Jake. I'd love to see the older cries get a more natural and updated sound than the original 8bit sounds. However, something tells me they may not bother to change them. The most I see them doing, as they seem to do every generation, is giving the new Pokémon better quality cries.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I would love for the pokemon to keep their old cries, just improve their quality.
Would feel weird to me to hear anything else that what im used to

One possibility would be to have the pokemon "say their name", like they do in
the anime, like Pikachu would say "Pika Pika!". I'm not sure if i would like this, but
it seems an interesting option at least

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Honestly it does seem ridiculous to have the old cries, but it would be a lot of work for Gamefreak to make roughly 750 cries for this game...

I hope they get an update, I really do. Not a deal breaker though.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I remeber clearly in the trailer Yveltal made a sound that seems like it could be it's cry. It sounded very epic, much like some of Generation 5 cries.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Hypothetically, they already have most of the Pokemon cries recorded in the anime, do they not? if the 3DS could store them, it would be neat to hear the anime style "Pika-pika" style cries as a poster said before me

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I would absolutely hate for them to sound like the anime version, just saying their names out loud. It's one of the things that bothers me the most about the show. Either give their cries a bit of an update or make new ones, but please, please no saying-their-names cries.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Ok, so recently, Gogoat has been heard for the first time and it's seems to sound like an actual goat. What more do you expect with the other three and the starters plus Xerneas and Yveltal, if the one heard in the first trailer wasn't Yveltal's actual cry?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I would absolutely hate for them to sound like the anime version, just saying their names out loud. It's one of the things that bothers me the most about the show. Either give their cries a bit of an update or make new ones, but please, please no saying-their-names cries.

Agree 100%. The games set the standard that Pokémon have cries, but the Anime changed it and made them say their names. I'd much prefer having traditional cries (Just higher quality of course, with all the instrument sets the 3DS can pull off) than having all the past Pokémon updated to saying their names. Doesn't make sense for the games to match the anime when the anime pulls from the games =P

Ok, so recently, Gogoat has been heard for the first time and it's seems to sound like an actual goat. What more do you expect with the other three and the starters plus Xerneas and Yveltal, if the one heard in the first trailer wasn't Yveltal's actual cry?

I don't really have any expectations for them honestly. As long as they're actual cries I'll be happy. I mean, I guess I could see Yveltal's kind of being darker (if it ends up being a Dark type), but other than that I don't really care that much =P Cries aren't a game changer for me.

Years
In my opinion, changing their cries to be similar to the anime it would be amazing. I would love that! :) But I think they will just make good quality cries for the new Pokemon. :)

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
They should just make the sounds less staticy pikachu from dpp cry hurts my ears Dx

Back